Kerry Still Plugging Away In Syria

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I would not trust the State Department as far as I can throw John Kerry. He wanted to overthrow Assad when he first took over from Hillary Clinton. I get the feeling these fifty-one State Department officials were ordered to turn Kerryā€™s negative into a plus as a farewell gift:

As the Wall Street Journal reported, fifty-one State Department officials, all of whom are or were advisors on the State Departmentā€™s policy on Syria, authored a ā€œdissent channel cableā€ (Stateā€™s grandiose term for an email) petitioning for military strikes against Bashar Assadā€™s government and urging regime change in Damascus as the only way to defeat the ISIS terrorist network.​

June 20, 2016, 5:00 am
A Daesh of hope at the Obama-Hillary-Kerry State Department.
Jed Babbin

Foggy Bottom Breakdown? | The American Spectator

Apparently Kerry learned nothing from the Arab Spring:

Overthrowing Gaddafi belonged on every presidentā€™s list of no-nos. Nevertheless, that filthy piece of garbage in the White House engaged in democracy-building when he overthrow Gaddafi who was not an expansionist dictator. As Iā€™ve said many times:

Dictators without expansionist ambitions are harmless. The choice is clear: Support dictators with no expansionist goals, or military capabilities, as opposed to supporting dictators like Ho Chi Minh, Stalin, Mao and so on.

Castro was supported by the American Left. Lacking military capabilities after he came to power he exported Communist revolutions to Latin America. That was reason enough to overthrow him. Today, America has a president sucking up to Communist dictators at the same time he deposes friendly dictators.

NOTE: Putin knew a good thing when he saw it. He jumped on the opportunity to support a dictator in Syria who was not a military threat to Russia ā€”ā€” or a threat to America until Putin stepped in. Basically, the Chicago sewer rat handed Putin a tried and true foreign policy in Syria. A foreign policy that had worked so well for this country. (I wonder where the asshole ranks the ā€œgiftā€ on his list of mistakes?)

Nothing will change until a few countries are willing to disarm every aggressive government that does have expansionist ambitions. The sewer rat believes the opposite. Obviously, neither he nor Hillary Clinton consider a nuclear Iran aggressive enough to worry about.

Competence versus Qualifications

th

Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6900ff5eebc91a0603b914f528e0a6bbH0&pid=Api&w=134&h=181

NOTE: The Shah was a friendly dictator. He came to power by booting out Communist Mohammad Mosaddegh in 1953. Half-a-brain Jimmy Carter replaced the Shah in 1979 with this guy:

th

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M5a4ca64491e64613ed2415fb598e445fo1&pid=Api&w=136&h=181

The Middle-East has been slowly slipping away since ā€˜79. Now, the State Department would overthrow Assad with no chance of success resulting in worse consequences than deposing all of the previous friendly dictators.

I would not trust the State Department as far as I can throw John Kerry. He wanted to overthrow Assad when he first took over from Hillary Clinton. I get the feeling these fifty-one State Department officials were ordered to turn Kerryā€™s negative into a plus as a farewell gift:

As the Wall Street Journal reported, fifty-one State Department officials, all of whom are or were advisors on the State Departmentā€™s policy on Syria, authored a ā€œdissent channel cableā€ (Stateā€™s grandiose term for an email) petitioning for military strikes against Bashar Assadā€™s government and urging regime change in Damascus as the only way to defeat the ISIS terrorist network.​

June 20, 2016, 5:00 am
A Daesh of hope at the Obama-Hillary-Kerry State Department.
Jed Babbin

Foggy Bottom Breakdown? | The American Spectator

Apparently Kerry learned nothing from the Arab Spring:

Overthrowing Gaddafi belonged on every presidentā€™s list of no-nos. Nevertheless, that filthy piece of garbage in the White House engaged in democracy-building when he overthrow Gaddafi who was not an expansionist dictator. As Iā€™ve said many times:

Dictators without expansionist ambitions are harmless. The choice is clear: Support dictators with no expansionist goals, or military capabilities, as opposed to supporting dictators like Ho Chi Minh, Stalin, Mao and so on.

Castro was supported by the American Left. Lacking military capabilities after he came to power he exported Communist revolutions to Latin America. That was reason enough to overthrow him. Today, America has a president sucking up to Communist dictators at the same time he deposes friendly dictators.

NOTE: Putin knew a good thing when he saw it. He jumped on the opportunity to support a dictator in Syria who was not a military threat to Russia ā€”ā€” or a threat to America until Putin stepped in. Basically, the Chicago sewer rat handed Putin a tried and true foreign policy in Syria. A foreign policy that had worked so well for this country. (I wonder where the asshole ranks the ā€œgiftā€ on his list of mistakes?)

Nothing will change until a few countries are willing to disarm every aggressive government that does have expansionist ambitions. The sewer rat believes the opposite. Obviously, neither he nor Hillary Clinton consider a nuclear Iran aggressive enough to worry about.

Competence versus Qualifications

th

Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M6900ff5eebc91a0603b914f528e0a6bbH0&pid=Api&w=134&h=181

NOTE: The Shah was a friendly dictator. He came to power by booting out Communist Mohammad Mosaddegh in 1953. Half-a-brain Jimmy Carter replaced the Shah in 1979 with this guy:

th

Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M5a4ca64491e64613ed2415fb598e445fo1&pid=Api&w=136&h=181

The Middle-East has been slowly slipping away since ā€˜79. Now, the State Department would overthrow Assad with no chance of success resulting in worse consequences than deposing all of the previous friendly dictators.

With all due respect may I correct one thing in your OP. Russia and Syria have been aligned for many years. Since the mid 40's I believe. To Putin's credit, he has to this day been able to fend off the west which has been working in conjunction with Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia attempting to overthrow Assad and hand Syria to the Muslim Brotherhood.

And mega kudos of course to Putin and Russia for stepping in and seizing the reins to defeat and eradicate ISIS. Our attempts up till then had been nothing short of a dog and pony show.

Forum List

Back