Ken Buck Teases More Republican Resignations Are Coming

The simple fact is that it takes 60 senate votes to pass any legislation, and there is rarely a new law that can get 60 votes.
Except as a reminder, thats not law, just their made up procedure. It can change with a vote.

Except as a reminder, thats not law, just their made up procedure. It can change with a vote.
True. The "Nuclear Option" would make the Senate a "simple majority" like the House.
Neither side wants to use the nuclear option because they know that when the opposition takes the majority the paybacks would be worse than not passing anything.

Ya'll said that in 2022 too, didn't you?
True, the predicted "red wave" didn't happen because the polls apparently missed that women voters would come out in droves to vote with the dems to show their displeasure about RvW being overturned.
That was then, this is now. The price of groceries trumps RvW.

As soon as anyone gets to DC they go into campaign mode and take money for their vote from the wealthy.
The simple fact is that it takes 60 senate votes to pass any legislation, and there is rarely a new law that can get 60 votes.
Why don't any of you wingnuts ever call for publicly funded elections, where everyone is on the same level? Get rid of money in politics?

True, the predicted "red wave" didn't happen because the polls apparently missed that women voters would come out in droves to vote with the dems to show their displeasure about RvW being overturned.
That was then, this is now. The price of groceries trumps RvW.
Name a grocery item that has become ridiculously expensive. It's not chicken. I'm still paying $1.49 per lbs.

Why don't any of you wingnuts ever call for publicly funded elections, where everyone is on the same level? Get rid of money in politics?
You can't get rid of money in politics. Money is free speech. The wealthy would still win.
Besides, we are broke, we have no money for elections.

You can't get rid of money in politics. Money is free speech. The wealthy would still win.
Besides, we are broke, we have no money for elections.
Only because a corrupt SCOTUS claims it. We could absolutely publicly fund elections.

Name a grocery item that has become ridiculously expensive. It's not chicken. I'm still paying $1.49 per lbs.
1. If you add the annual inflation under Biden you get about 18%.

1. Beef: 16.2%
  2. Bacon: 18.8%
  3. Chicken: 13.2%
  4. Coffee: 10.5%
  5. Flour and flour mixes: 11.6%
  6. Fresh fruit: 10.6%
  7. Milk: 11.2%
  8. Oils and fats, including peanut butter: Between 11% and 15.6%

US inflation means families are spending $709 more per month than two years ago​

1. If you add the annual inflation under Biden you get about 18%.

1. Beef: 16.2%
  2. Bacon: 18.8%
  3. Chicken: 13.2%
  4. Coffee: 10.5%
  5. Flour and flour mixes: 11.6%
  6. Fresh fruit: 10.6%
  7. Milk: 11.2%
  8. Oils and fats, including peanut butter: Between 11% and 15.6%

US inflation means families are spending $709 more per month than two years ago​

Some of this is bullshit. Like I said, I pay $1.49 for chicken.

Flour and grains have gone up because Ukraine is a massive producer.

The pork industry is controlled by a couple of companies. Explain why that has gone up. Connect it with "inflation". Pork tenderloins are under $3 per lbs.

Fruit and veggies are picked by migrants. You want them out and you want prices even higher.

Your link:

Bananas, averaging 62 cents a pound in January, have stayed relatively cheap.

So why haven't bananas gone up with the others?

If it's not consistent across all foods, then it's not inflation, it's corporate greed.

Tell me why I'm still paying $12.48 for a 12 pack of Yuengling Black and Tan at Walmart, the same price as 4 years ago. What's heavier to transport than cases of beer?

Forum List

Back