‘Keep your filthy hands off Trump Tower!’

"There is a rumor that Trump would let James take Trump Tower..."
OK, ECB....let's pretend you and I are in the prosecutor's seat.
Would we, as reasonable people, want to seize an office tower that would require maintenance and other overhead?
Or, would we prefer to just seize or attach the $400,000,000+ cash that the defendant says he has on hand?*

I think you are smart. Sometimes I think I'm somewhat smart. So with that, I think we'd settle on the $400+ million as quicker, simpler, easier to manage and monitor. The balance of the $550,000,000 will come in time if we prevail in the appellate level. IMO

*from The Hill yesterday: "Trump himself told lawyers with the New York attorney general’s office last year he has “substantially in excess of $400 million in cash,”

-----------------------------------------------------------

"You forgot trial by jury."

It seems the 'forgetting' was by the Don Trump side.

They had the right to request a jury trial. But, with that right comes the obligation to notify the court of a desire to exercise that right. After all, there is much preparation for such a jury....with notificaiton to the pool of qualified citizens, selection, voire dire, empaneling, feeding, administering, paying, etc. Courts gotta know in advance.....hence, they ask, via a form, if that will be part of the trial. I'm confident you recognize the practicaliteis there, poster bp96.

Instead, when the time came, Don Trump's side, checked the box on the required form that stated ....'No jury', or words similar.

So there is that.

What do you think?
Well,

(1) We all wish President Trump the best of luck in keeping his beloved Trump Tower.

(2) We all hope President Trump and his influential supporters remember that famous saying that "Revenge is a dish best served cold." That is, patiently take one's time in figuring out how to get revenge on one's enemy.

a. Who knows? Maybe that Letitia character will eventually have her Fani Willis moment.

1711022380915.png

How fitting it would be if Michael Cohen took a dump on the living room floor of Don's Trump Tower suite after the Orange Messiah gets evicted.

Interesting to see you cheering the theft of a private citizen's property because he's running for POTUS.

May all the guilty parties to this act see justice, including those who support this.

I hope you aren't living in NYC because it's about to become a 3rd world country.
Businesses will be moving out in droves like rats leaving the Titanic.

Trump isn't being "persecuted" because he's running for President. He's being PROSECUTED because he's a lifelong criminal who has been defrauding the citizens of New York for DECADES.

Once again, you assume that all New York business people are liars and crooks, just like Donald Trump, and they have to run away to avoid being "persecuted". Most people are honest and decent. Trump is none of those things. He is a financial predator, who screws over everyone he's ever done business with.

This reckoning is long overdue.

Donald Trump sent out a frantic fundraising plea centered around the possibility that Trump Tower might be seized as part of the massive New York fraud judgment leveled against him.

The former president's lawyers notified the court that none of 30 underwriting entities they approached would finance the half-billion bond he needs to pay as he appeals the fraud judgment, which means the New York attorney general's office could begin seizing his properties next week if he fails to pay by Monday's deadline.

"KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF TRUMP TOWER!" reads a fundraising email sent to supporters. "Insane radical Democrat AG Letitia James wants to SEIZE my properties in New York. THIS INCLUDES THE ICONIC TRUMP TOWER!"

"Democrats think this will intimidate me," the message adds. "They think that if they take my cash to stifle my campaign, that I'll give up! Here's one thing they don't know: WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

More at the line below...

Monday is the deadline before they start seizing Trump properties. Does Trump have a backup plan? Will Trump's fundraising pitch to his supporters be enough to get him bonded? What do you think?
Take Bedminster instead. And if Trump loses, they can turn it into a public park

Donald Trump sent out a frantic fundraising plea centered around the possibility that Trump Tower might be seized as part of the massive New York fraud judgment leveled against him.

The former president's lawyers notified the court that none of 30 underwriting entities they approached would finance the half-billion bond he needs to pay as he appeals the fraud judgment, which means the New York attorney general's office could begin seizing his properties next week if he fails to pay by Monday's deadline.

"KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF TRUMP TOWER!" reads a fundraising email sent to supporters. "Insane radical Democrat AG Letitia James wants to SEIZE my properties in New York. THIS INCLUDES THE ICONIC TRUMP TOWER!"

"Democrats think this will intimidate me," the message adds. "They think that if they take my cash to stifle my campaign, that I'll give up! Here's one thing they don't know: WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

Monday is the deadline before they start seizing Trump properties. Does Trump have a backup plan? Will Trump's fundraising pitch to his supporters be enough to get him bonded? What do you think?
Oh don't go for the Tower. He's hocked that up past his eyeballs already!

The loan is actually closer to $100 million, The Washington Post reported last year, and was approved by the little-known bank as other financial institutions cut ties with him following the Jan. 6 attack and the fraud allegations.

Even with the loan, James could “still force a foreclosure sale” and “as long as the net sale proceeds pay off any lien-holders before her, she can use what’s left to satisfy some of her judgment. And then move on to the next property,” noted MSNBC legal analyst Katie Phang.

Rubin agreed that the loan would not prevent James from trying to collect, but her office has “no interest” in assuming the risk of Trump’s illiquid assets, as the A.G.’s office said in its brief.

“The AG’s office is saying it does not want a mess of a fire sale any more than Trump does; in lieu of an adequate bond or cash, they would much rather Trump just let the court hold the assets in a kind of escrow,” Rubin tweeted. “That doesn’t mean Tish James can’t or won’t force a sale of assets like Trump Tower. But as satisfying as some of her constituents might find it, it’s by no means her first or even second preference. Remember that if and when she is put in a position to enforce her judgment.”

They need another hotel for all of their new voters.

Have you ever been in a Trump Hotel? I went to Sunday Brunch at Trump Hotel Toronto not long after it opened in 2013. A friend in the travel industry had to write a "candid" review for her company's website and took me as her guest. The restaurant was on the top floor so I only saw the lobby, the elevator and the restaurant. The decor was very masculine in the lobbies - dark wood, rich brown leather. More "men's club" than luxury hotel.

The restaurant was light and airy by comparison, with a wall of southern facing windows overlooking "Banker's Canyon" at King & Bay. The brunch was OK. It was a buffet with high end choices - cornish hen, souffles, etc. It was well prepared, but the food was more warm than hot.

I ordered a Moscow Mule - vodka & ginger beer. $18 in 2013!!! Brunch for two - with one drink each - $150 before tip. So no, I wouldn't be going back at that price. The Hot House (our usual Sunday Brunch spot), is only 3 blocks away, and it was $25 per person. And the food is better, and it's hot.

The immigrants would probably want better.

Interesting to see you cheering the theft of a private citizen's property because he's running for POTUS.

Court cases are not theft.

May all the guilty parties to this act see justice, including those who support this.

He has. That is why he is asking for money.

I hope you aren't living in NYC because it's about to become a 3rd world country.

What makes you say that?

Businesses will be moving out in droves like rats leaving the Titanic.
Sure they will.

1711042053626.png

trump take 1.jpg

Forum List

Back