Katie couric: reprogram Trump supporters

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My first response: "Fuck You!"

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who they support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the flames of hatred for the other side for exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever they want to. People are getting fired from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?
She's pointing out that you're an uneducated dunghole....and she's right.

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who they support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the flames of hatred for the other side for exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever they want to. People are getting fired from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?
Uneducated? You and that slut think that Victor Davis Hanson is uneducated?
Democrats are so stupid.

Democrats are so stupid.
Isn't victor and his propaganda dead?

Aren't you just a fake person

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.
Wow, what a comeback! Shows just how educated you are.

Couric
The standard unit measurement for mass weight of feces, as noted on the 2007 South Park episode "More Crap". The European Fecal Standards & Measurements Board in Zürich keeps track of the authenticity of its records.

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.
Why did you wander off parler boy?

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.
He was being phony.
I was pointing out his phony non-response.
I was being very pithy. Now he’s on ignore.

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.
He was being phony.
Run away little conservative prick.

BLM attacks no one. They defend themselves from police attacks and attacks by racists like the Proud Boys.
That is the biggest lie I have heard today

they have attacked many innocent people on the streets including the police

Last edited:

Democrats are so stupid.

You’re a phony.
He was being phony.
BLM attacks no one. They defend themselves from police attacks and attacks by racists like the Proud Boys.
That is the biggest lie I have heard today

they have attacked many innocent people on the streets incuding the police
Gotta agree with you there

What did I tell you...not only does Jack excuse the rioters in places like Portland...he'll tell you that Antifa doesn't exist!

I know sweetie. Those black peeps just scare the crap out of you just and righteous Trump supporters. But sure, it's so the same as a bunch of angry, disgruntled white people trying to overthrow the US government because their great white hope lost an election. :) I got your safe space ready...
Ah, Jack? Antifa isn't "black peeps"! Most of them are spoiled rich white kids who think they're bad asses because they dress all in black and run around in mobs trashing things! Put most of THEM in a real ghetto and they'd soil their designer undies and faint dead away!

What did I tell you...not only does Jack excuse the rioters in places like Portland...he'll tell you that Antifa doesn't exist!

I know sweetie. Those black peeps just scare the crap out of you just and righteous Trump supporters. But sure, it's so the same as a bunch of angry, disgruntled white people trying to overthrow the US government because their great white hope lost an election. :) I got your safe space ready...
Ah, Jack? Antifa isn't "black peeps"! Most of them are spoiled rich white kids who think they're bad asses because they dress all in black and run around in mobs trashing things! Put most of THEM in a real ghetto and they'd soil their designer undies and faint dead away!
Agreed

ANTIFA are the twisted products of our modern liberal culture

though most of them are white they are also losers, lazy bums who cant hold a meaningful job, sexual perverts and druggies

I concur 100% with Katie. Trump supporters need to be gently reprogrammed. It won't be easy, but it MUST be done! :)

This sounds like something out of North Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and other countries when communists came to power. How American is that; seeking to "pre-program" or "de-program" someone with an opposing view. What is going to be the criteria? Unmask all of the voting ballots? Create "lists"? Set up re-education camps? Sick.

There is nothing wrong with opposing opinions. There's a LOT wrong with QAnon conspiracy theories that result in insurrections.

Bullshit. You are backtracking because you got exposed to subscribing to sick-fuck fascist fantasies of punishment of opposing voices. If that were not the case, you would have focused on QAnon in the first place. Sick and pathetic. Go erect your re-education camps for all who voice dissent. How American of you.

Pull yourself together son! :rolleyes-41:

I dont know if reprogramming will work. You have got to be pretty stupid in order to support what Dump is selling.

I concur 100% with Katie. Trump supporters need to be gently reprogrammed. It won't be easy, but it MUST be done! :)

This sounds like something out of North Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia and other countries when communists came to power. How American is that; seeking to "pre-program" or "de-program" someone with an opposing view. What is going to be the criteria? Unmask all of the voting ballots? Create "lists"? Set up re-education camps? Sick.

There is nothing wrong with opposing opinions. There's a LOT wrong with QAnon conspiracy theories that result in insurrections.

Bullshit. You are backtracking because you got exposed to subscribing to sick-fuck fascist fantasies of punishment of opposing voices. If that were not the case, you would have focused on QAnon in the first place. Sick and pathetic. Go erect your re-education camps for all who voice dissent. How American of you.

Deprogram, Reprogram - when in American History has this kind of language been used? in my lifetime (1968-Present), I've only seen that kind of language used by 3rd World despots and communist regimes wannabes. Is that where you want to take US??

Deprogram, Reprogram - when in American History has this kind of language been used? in my lifetime (1968-Present), I've only seen that kind of language used by 3rd World despots and communist regimes wannabes. Is that where you want to take US??
When you idiots lost leave of your senses.

How else is one to describe the task before us?

How do we bring millions back to sanity? Will removing the contagion allow healing? We can hope.

Dear Leader very nearly turned us into a 3rd world banana republic. It's a damn good thing he failed.

247l6n.jpg

Forum List

Back