Katie couric: reprogram Trump supporters

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My first response: "Fuck You!"

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who the support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the lames of hatred for the other side or exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever we want to. People are getting fire from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?

My first response? I'm not gonna waste an ounce of effort on reprogramming anyone. I'm just gonna let it die on the vine naturally. You'll always have the true believers. But the rest will eventually get bored and move on. No one is harassed for who they support and vote for. But Trump was telegraphing the whole "the election is rigged" months before November. Two months of court cases that went nowhere, screaming FRAUD!! constantly in rage tweets, him whipping the base up about a stolen election culminates in a violent insurrection at the Capitol designed to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That's where I lost my patience. When a bunch of his supporters decided to subvert the Constitution and try to install Trump as a dictator.

I have come to the conclusion that even if there was a 9/11 type commission to study claims of massive voter fraud, Trump supporters would not accept the conclusion unless it showed that Donald Trump won the election..which he didn't. I'm sorry. You don't get to storm the Capitol to overthrow the government and just walk away. We have laws against that. And since most of these idiots thought that they were going to get away with it, they decided to video their heroic actions. Sorry, I don't feel bad for anyone who suffers repercussions for invading the Capitol. You brought them on yourself.
So you're OK with liberal rioters holding cities like Portland hostage month after month but one day of violence by a small number of conservatives has you here holding forth on the "laws" we have against that kind of thing? Gee...can you get around when you're wearing blinders like those?

Oh lordy...how many times we gonna make this comparison? LOL. Sure. People protesting for social justice is SO the same as people storming the Capitol committing sedition and treason. Because there's nothing like trying to overturn a free and fair election and then trying to compare it to protests gone wrong...sure...it's the same. :)
Oh, so because it's for "social justice" it's OK to loot and burn our cities? But people protesting an election that has a palpable stench to it for one day isn't allowed? You're right...it's not the same! Riots that go on for months at a time compared to one that lasted one day? No comparison at all!
It’s possible to condemn the attack on the riot at the CAPITOL with out support BLM violence. This isn’t an either-or issue. One such bad act doesn’t exCause or justify the other.

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who the support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the lames of hatred for the other side or exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever we want to. People are getting fire from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?

My first response? I'm not gonna waste an ounce of effort on reprogramming anyone. I'm just gonna let it die on the vine naturally. You'll always have the true believers. But the rest will eventually get bored and move on. No one is harassed for who they support and vote for. But Trump was telegraphing the whole "the election is rigged" months before November. Two months of court cases that went nowhere, screaming FRAUD!! constantly in rage tweets, him whipping the base up about a stolen election culminates in a violent insurrection at the Capitol designed to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That's where I lost my patience. When a bunch of his supporters decided to subvert the Constitution and try to install Trump as a dictator.

I have come to the conclusion that even if there was a 9/11 type commission to study claims of massive voter fraud, Trump supporters would not accept the conclusion unless it showed that Donald Trump won the election..which he didn't. I'm sorry. You don't get to storm the Capitol to overthrow the government and just walk away. We have laws against that. And since most of these idiots thought that they were going to get away with it, they decided to video their heroic actions. Sorry, I don't feel bad for anyone who suffers repercussions for invading the Capitol. You brought them on yourself.
So you're OK with liberal rioters holding cities like Portland hostage month after month but one day of violence by a small number of conservatives has you here holding forth on the "laws" we have against that kind of thing? Gee...can you get around when you're wearing blinders like those?

Oh lordy...how many times we gonna make this comparison? LOL. Sure. People protesting for social justice is SO the same as people storming the Capitol committing sedition and treason. Because there's nothing like trying to overturn a free and fair election and then trying to compare it to protests gone wrong...sure...it's the same. :)
Oh, so because it's for "social justice" it's OK to loot and burn our cities? But people protesting an election that has a palpable stench to it for one day isn't allowed? You're right...it's not the same! Riots that go on for months at a time compared to one that lasted one day? No comparison at all!
It’s possible to condemn the attack on the riot at the CAPITOL with out support BLM violence. This isn’t an either-or issue. One such bad act doesn’t exCause or justify the other.
I didn't say it did. I'm simply pointing out how hypocritical it is for liberals to declare that one day of a "protest gone bad" in Washington as sedition and treason when violent protests in a city like Portland have been going on for the better part of a year and they are excused.

Keep pounding the narrative. You just don't get it do you? Protesting an election? What REALITY do you live in? HE LOST!! A group of insurrectionist scum tried to OVERTHROW the United States government...LOL. Police shoot unarmed black men in the back, people protest and you compare it to a bunch of disgruntled white bigoted-grievanced mad D-bags because their savior lost an election. Yep..you people have lost it. :auiqs.jpg:

I didn't say it did. I'm simply pointing out how hypocritical it is for liberals to declare that one day of a "protest gone bad" in Washington as sedition and treason when violent protests in a city like Portland have been going on for the better part of a year and they are excused.
Haven’t seen people here excusing riots in Portland. But if they do, I’d agree that’s hypocrisy. But then hypocrisy works both ways. Don’t use one to justify the other.

"Protest gone bad???" Holy dog shit.

Keep pounding the narrative. You just don't get it do you? Protesting an election? What REALITY do you live in? HE LOST!! A group of insurrectionist scum tried to OVERTHROW the United States government...LOL. Police shoot unarmed black men in the back, people protest and you compare it to a bunch of disgruntled white bigoted-grievanced mad D-bags because their savior lost an election. Yep..you people have lost it. :auiqs.jpg:
He lost because you liberals fixed our elections so nobody believes in the outcome anymore! You could see this issue coming a mile off and yet you on the left ignored it because you knew that changing election laws would win elections for you. Now people are outraged because they think their legal vote was rendered null and void by "mail in" votes that were added to the totals after the polls closed! That's not going to change by you declaring "HE LOST!!".

He lost because you liberals fixed our elections so nobody believes in the outcome anymore! You could see this issue coming a mile off and yet you on the left ignored it because you knew that changing election laws would win elections for you. Now people are outraged because they think their legal vote was rendered null and void by "mail in" votes that were added to the totals after the polls closed! That's not going to change by you declaring "HE LOST!!".
CONGRESS declared he lost! Sadly, your are obsessed with buying into The Big Lie.

Haven’t seen people here excusing riots in Portland. But if they do, I’d agree that’s hypocrisy. But then hypocrisy works both ways. Don’t use one to justify the other.
You're not looking very far then, Mad Dog! Jack excuses those riots as "protests gone bad" and says that they're over black people being shot in the back by the Police! You know as well as I do that the protests in Portland were not protests gone bad...nor were they about blacks being shot! Those riots were carried out by hardcore members of Antifa and BLM and were all about subjecting a city to anarchy to get their demands met.

CONGRESS declared he lost! Sadly, your are obsessed with buying into The Big Lie.

Is there a body more widely despised in this country than "Congress", Mad Dog? Saying that THEY speak for the American people at this point isn't going to satisfy anyone!

True believer. Sad. You make the People's Temple followers look sane by comparison. Again, you were warned of the red and blue mirages that night. It is your ilk that was looking to throw out millions of legally cast ballots..why? Because, there were MILLIONS of just and righteous white Christian voters who supported Trump. There was NO WAY he could have lost..right? Those evil dark people in those devil worshiping cities MUST have committed fraud. They had to. :)

You're not looking very far then, Mad Dog! Jack excuses those riots as "protests gone bad" and says that they're over black people being shot in the back by the Police! You know as well as I do that the protests in Portland were not protests gone bad...nor were they about blacks being shot! Those riots were carried out by hardcore members of Antifa and BLM and were all about subjecting a city to anarchy to get their demands met.

Antifa!!..Antifa!!..Antifa!!. All you know is what your alt-right media masters tell you to parrot.
Hey..newsflash...Antifa?...doesn't exist. It's an idea. Always has been. :)

True believer. Sad. You make the People's Temple followers look sane by comparison. Again, you were warned of the red and blue mirages that night. It is your ilk that was looking to throw out millions of legally cast ballots..why? Because, there were MILLIONS of just and righteous white Christian voters who supported Trump. There was NO WAY he could have lost..right? Those evil dark people in those devil worshiping cities MUST have committed fraud. They had to. :)
Only a naive waif truly believes that Joe Biden got more votes than any other candidate in the history of American elections! A guy who didn't campaign...has nothing new to offer the country...and puts himself to sleep when he attempts to speak...yet got more votes than Barack Obama? Give me a break!

Antifa!!..Antifa!!..Antifa!!. All you know is what your alt-right media masters tell you to parrot.
Hey..newsflash...Antifa?...doesn't exist. It's an idea. Always has been. :)

Only a naive waif truly believes that Joe Biden got more votes than any other candidate in the history of American elections! A guy who didn't campaign...has nothing new to offer the country...and puts himself to sleep when he attempts to speak...yet got more votes than Barack Obama? Give me a break!

He not only got more votes than Trump. He beat Trump by the same electoral margin that Trump beat Hillary with in 2016..ROAR!!:auiqs.jpg: That's gotta hurt! He lost. He's done. All gone. Bye-bye. Joe Biden will be like a breath of fresh air for this country...and he will be the end of the Republican party. Love it. :)

What did I tell you...not only does Jack excuse the rioters in places like Portland...he'll tell you that Antifa doesn't exist!

I know sweetie. Those black peeps just scare the crap out of you just and righteous Trump supporters. But sure, it's so the same as a bunch of angry, disgruntled white people trying to overthrow the US government because their great white hope lost an election. :) I got your safe space ready...

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who they support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the flames of hatred for the other side for exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever they want to. People are getting fired from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?
Yes, reprogrammed, because you've been effectively brainwashed and we feel bad for you.
Can we reprogram all the communist fuck twinkle-toed cocksuckers trying to start a revolution?

I think torture will be effective, don't you?

The day anyone tries to do any "reprogramming" on me or anyone I know, there will be lots of death.
You're pretty violent sounding.
You bring it out of him. You’re guilty of inciting riots. You should be reprogrammed.

Forum List

Back