Katie couric: reprogram Trump supporters

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My first response: "Fuck You!"

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who they support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the flames of hatred for the other side for exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever they want to. People are getting fired from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?
Yes, reprogrammed, because you've been effectively brainwashed and we feel bad for you.
Can we reprogram all the communist fuck twinkle-toed cocksuckers trying to start a revolution?

I think torture will be effective, don't you?

The day anyone tries to do any "reprogramming" on me or anyone I know, there will be lots of death.
You're pretty violent sounding.

Boots is VERY violent - Which is why I stopped reading his endless threats.

Couric always runs her mouth.

The best thing she can do with it is put a dick in it and shut the fuck up...

To reprogram citizens into conforming with your opinions may require some violence on your part should people choose to resist you
Just deprogrammed from the lies. No one wants you to become a liberal. Actually, what you're spouting right now is the kind of silly bullshit you've been programmed to believe. Lies are lies. We can prove facts.

To reprogram citizens into conforming with your opinions may require some violence on your part should people choose to resist you
Just deprogrammed from the lies. No one wants you to become a liberal. Actually, what you're spouting right now is the kind of silly bullshit you've been programmed to believe. Lies are lies. We can prove facts.

"Just deprogrammed from the lies. "

How do you figure you can do that on somebody who believe YOU in fact are lying? And do it without resorting to violence? How many Trump supporters are going to willingly subject themselves to deprogramming? Do you think it'll work if they aren't willing and are forced to be deprogrammed? What about their families, kids? Who takes care of them while they're gone?

"Lies are lies."

Okay now tell me about the lies. What lies would that be? You think Trump is the only liar in Washington? You think maybe sometimes he's the one telling the truth? Or maybe he's offering his perspective, he's entitled, no? Same as the rest of us, including you. And for agreeing with him I should be derogrammed? Fuck it, why not just do a frontal lobotomy on me and be done with it.

"We can prove facts."

Can you now? To tell you the truth, I don't think so. These days, the real truth is pretty damn hard to recognize, let alone prove. I think in most cases you have taken somebody's perspective and decided that is the truth cuz you agree with that person. Are you insulted? Well, guess what? So am I.

Katie Couric has spent decades on television across the three broadcast networks, but the highly-partisan remarks she made on "Real Time with Bill Maher" last week could tarnish her image as an iconic, non-partisan newswoman.

"Katie is 'retired' from any 'objective' news duties," NewsBusters executive editor Tim Graham told Fox News. "She has been a partisan for a long time."

Couric, best known as the longtime co-anchor of NBC's "Today" and for a five-year run in the anchor chair on the "CBS Evening News," raised eyebrows when she blasted the GOP's support for President Trump amid his second impeachment battle.

"It is so shocking. ... Not only are they not conceding, Bill, but their thoughts -- that there might have been some collusion among members of Congress, some are refusing to go through magnetometers ... to check for weapons, they're not wearing masks during this siege," Couric began.

"I mean, it's really bizarre, isn't it, when you think about how AWOL so many of these members of Congress have gotten. But I also think some of them are believing the garbage that they are being fed 24/7 on the internet, by their constituents, and they bought into this big lie. And the question is how are we going to really almost deprogram these people who have signed up for the cult of Trump."

My first response: "Fuck You!"

My 2nd and more reasoned response: What the hell happened to this country that anybody is hectored for who they support and vote for. Reprogrammed? Really? I daresay there are many who actually believe that shit. Probably on both sides too. And that kind of emotion does not come out of nowhere, our politicians, journalists, and celebrity types deliberately fan the flames of hatred for the other side for exercising their constitutional right to support and vote for whoever they want to. People are getting fired from their jobs, attacked in the streets, harassed in restaurants, and I'm thinking when does this shit end and what will it lead to in the future? What happens when the lockdowns finally end?
The Talking-Points word of the day is "REPROGRAMMING" from every angle imaginable.

Nothing makes a populous more stirred up and concerned about tyranny than the use of the word "reprogramming" in reference to at least 50% of the population.

They MUST be trying to start a war.
Well what do we do about you nutjobs?

You believe stuff that can't possibly be true and you won't let go. Cults be cults

You don't have to "conform to my opinions" but we need to agree on a basic set of FACTS.

And you folks think QAnon gives you facts. That's a problem

You don't have to "conform to my opinions" but we need to agree on a basic set of FACTS.

And you folks think QAnon gives you facts. That's a problem

Q's dates and predictions keep failing - Which is pretty hilarious.

Q-sters are starting to remind me of the former followers of Harold Camping. ;)

rapture-family-radio.gi.top.jpg

To tell you the truth, I don't think so. These days, the real truth is pretty damn hard to recognize, let alone prove.
That's the programming, in a nutshell.

Works both ways, don't you think? But my side is the one that should be deprogrammed, for deciding for myself what the most likely truth is? And what the most optimal way of dealing with what I think the truth is? Which takes me back to my OP: WTF happened to this country when somebody is harassed, attacked, fired, even shot for having a different perspective and supporting the candidate that I think will do the best job? Right or wrong, isn't that what this country is based on? It's my fucking choice, where does anyone else get off telling me I should be reprogrammed for that? I guess we're a lot closer to a totalitarian state than I thought.

But my side is the one that should be deprogrammed, for deciding for myself what the most likely truth is?
Jesus dude. You think you can determine truth by reading facebook posts and watching idiots on youtube?

It don't work like that

Its interesting that you dont deny the possibility of using violence - but for our own benefit I suppose

I do not have to agree with you about anything

what you call “basic facts” are actually your opinion and lib lies

Its interesting that you dont deny the possibility of using violence - but for our own benefit I suppose
I didn't posit using violence. What purpose would that serve?

It would solidify control over dissidents who resist reeducation

See the Uiggars in china

They did not conform and now they are in concentration camps

Reprogram to exist in feelings rather than thought.
Can we reprogram black males to keep it zipped up and if not at least stick with the family you create?

Oops, too touchy feely right on the factual mark so locked soon.

I do not have to agree with you about anything

what you call “basic facts” are actually your opinion and lib lies
Here’s a fact. You just lied about that poster advocating violence. No opinion. It didn’t happen and you claimed it did

Here’s a fact. You just lied about that poster advocating violence
Ha!

what I wrote was that OldLady refused to rule out violence

I think she really is a befuddled lib who has hated trump for 4 years and is still on the warpath against trump supporters

It would solidify control over dissidents who resist reeducation

See the Uiggars in china

They did not conform and now they are in concentration camps
No one wants to do that to anyone. We're Americans, same as you. Battling authoritarians who want to quell opposition by lying and bullying their man into office after he lost is more worrying than wishin' and hopin' that you guys would come back to this planet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back