Kaepernick Rejected...Fellow NFLers Whine

Yeah. Exactly why this asshole is out of a job. The public doesn't like political statements during sports.

Once AGAIN it's not 'during sports" at all. There is nothing in a football (baseball, soccer etc etc) game that requires or even suggests anybody's national anthem, NOR is it done during any game, which begins at the kickoff (or first pitch etc). And when NFL does it it's not even part of the broadcast, nor should it be. Which means nobody even sees any of this unless they happen to be at the game and happen to be looking around for something to whine about. The vast majority watching on some electronic device didn't even know football players were out there for a national anthem, which has only been going on less than a decade anyway.

In other words these are robots playing the "I'm offended" game only because the System ordered them to do that, and it never occurred to them to say, "yeah? Why?".

And that is mind control.
It's part of the opening of the game. Fans who paid to see the game are in the stadium for said game ( a captive audience). To imply that it's not part of "the game" is dishonest semantics.

No dear. It isn't. The game begins with the kickoff. PERIOD.

I played football (and baseball) all through my youth and not one had a frickin' national anthem in it. And guess what --- they all counted.

What's going on here is a jingoistic charade for zombies.

The baseball iteration is the most ironic, where a stadium full of zombies obediently go through the motions and then sit down to watch a field of players from Panama and Mexico and Cuba and Venezuela and Japan and Korea and Australia and Curaçao and Colombia and Taiwan and the DR and Canada, eh?

And your youth games were the same as the NFL?

Same game, yup. So were the other sports. Underlining the point that NOWHERE is it necessary to play any national anthem in order to play a game of football (baseball, basketball, etc). It is not part of the game. It's not in any way related. And I'm refuting those klowns here who want to pretend that it is.

Matter of fact you're about to agree that it's irrelevant later in this post. And you'll be right. :)

Why don't we have to wait through a national anthem when we go to a music concert? A movie? A play? The grocery store? It would be equally irrelevant and make the same amount of sense, i.e. Zero. But then again the concert halls and theaters and grocery stores haven't been pimped out by the Pentagon to put on charades, have they.

Look, outside of the issue of kneeling players, this idea that the players are only on the job from the start of play until the final whistle is ridiculous. I am confident that no NFL player has a contract stipulating that they are only employees during game time. When an NFL player is on the field wearing their team's uniform, they are doing so as employees of the NFL. Kaepernick was kneeling while at work.

Again, NFL players are contractors, not 'employees'. And of course the requirements of that contract require much more than the 60 minutes of play --- practice squads and workouts, suiting up, travel, etc. But nobody is contracted to be a marionette for a Pentagon-pimped fake-patriotism display. It's got (again) Zero to do with the game, with practicing for the game, with travelling to the game, or any other aspect of it.

The anthem may not be during the game, but it is part of the overall package of an NFL game.

That's the league's problem. They let it happen in the first place, and now they've got to deal with the consequences. And again players weren't even ON the field during it, until less than a decade ago. And again again, nobody who hadn't been personally TO an NFL game would have even known it was done at all, since it's also not part of the telecasts, so now we've got the naked hypocrisy of fake-outrage about fake-patriotism being obediently droned by the unwashed who were ordered to play the part, and fall all over themselves to Obey. Which is disgusting.

I don't care about kneeling players. They can kneel or not during the anthem. I don't watch the games to get their personal political or social views. That said, if the NFL wants to require players to stand during the anthem at games, they can do so.

And yet, they don't.

I don't care about sitting/kneeling players (or fans or anybody) either. They, and I, will do what we want. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be outraged because some media hack(s) and some political demagogue(s) demand I do without giving any good reason.

There may not currently be a rule requiring players to stand, but there is a guideline saying they should stand.

If the NFL owners got together and decided as a group not to hire Kaepernick, they deserve to be punished for that. If he isn't being hired because of the negative publicity surrounding him, and it isn't because of any sort of hidden group decision to blackball him, that's just a consequence of his own actions.

I believe he's got a lawsuit making that case. I don't know what its status is but that's NFL business, not mine. As for the "negative publicity", it matters whether that "negative publicity" is real or fake. Just as the Pentagon-pimped fake displays matter. It's imperative to pick out the real from contrived demagoguery. Fakery is fakery.

That's why I keep railing on these klowns to explain the "reasoning" behind the fake outrage. They can't do it --- ergo fake.

I find the tradition of playing the national anthem during sporting events a very odd one. They seem like very unconnected events. That doesn't mean Kaepernick (or any other player) can kneel during the anthem at games without any consequences.

Actually it does mean that. Or more correctly it does NOT mean he can't.

And again Kaepernick was already sitting out the anthem for several games before anyone noticed and tried to milk a fake-outrage "story" out of t. And those games somehow went on like any other game. Nobody got into this fake-outrage play-acting until they were TOLD to.

Again, I've been to many a baseball game and have never once stood for a national anthem. Nobody tried to milk a story out of me, nobody declined to sell me a ticket to another game --- matter of fact, nobody ever said or did a damn thing. Which is as it should be.

It is indeed an odd thing to do assuming the event is not at the Olympics where it might make more sense. It dates from a time of gross national mob mentality hysteria (1918) --- exactly the same year that another mob demanded that one Earnest Starr bend down and kiss the flag. When he refused HE --- not the mob, but the mob's target --- was arrested and sentenced to 10-20 years hard labor ----- for refusing to go along with the mob. That mob was charged with..... nothing. And THAT is the lesson here, because that's where blind robotic obsequious zombified mob mentality leads.

I find it quite significant that the idea of attaching the national anthem to a sports event (read: a large gathering of a captive audience) happened at the same time people were getting arrested for "sedition" and hard labor for refusing a mob's demands. And that in the next year more people were getting deported for their political beliefs in the infamous Palmer Raids. That's all related. What we really should be doing during a national anthem at a sporting event is waving flags with Earnest Starr's picture on them, with the caption "Never Again" -- and observe the real significance of what's going on.

If Aaron Rodgers knelt during the anthem, would he have a job?

He should. And maybe he does, or maybe somebody else does or did, but we just didn't have a hack reporter trying to milk fake-outrage out of it.

Absolutely. Kaepernick was not a good enough QB to get away with rocking the boat the way he did.

His skills or lack thereof are still in no way related to whether he has a right to decline to play the part of marionette.

Herein lies the irony ---- the fake-outrage dolts are bemoaning the fact that here in an exercise of mob mentality coercion, here's a guy who declines to play it, and their objection is on the basis that mob mentality coercion is a "good thing". Because, again, they've been told it is and they can't lift a synapse to think for themselves. So they bleat the Establishment line, all together --- an obedient mob who love them some coercion, as long as it means taking orders without being given a good reason to take them.

We've discussed this before, and I agree that the outrage about Kaepernick kneeling seems silly and contrived. On the other hand, I don't doubt that many people are honestly upset by his actions.

Kaepernick has a right to sit or kneel during the anthem. NFL teams have a right to decide that his kneeling, combined with a variety of other factors, make him not worth signing.

Call NFL players employees or contractors, the point remains the same: the NFL has pretty broad authority to determine the the conduct of the players. Players have been fired for off-the-field conduct; things that happen during the private time of players. Players have been cut for being arrested, without having been convicted of anything. Players may have the right to protest as citizens, but that does not mean the NFL has to allow such protest from its players.

The national anthem is not integral to playing football. The NFL can decide that they want it played during games, and they can decide that players need to stand while it is played, regardless of how little the anthem has to do with the sport. Put another way, the national anthem is not a part of football, but it can be part of the NFL. Silly or not, playing the national anthem before sporting events is now a pretty normal part of American culture. Kaepernick may not have knelt during the actual game, but he did kneel during a portion of a sports event.

I agree in large part with your take on the playing of the anthem during sports events. I disagree with the impression you present that Kaepernick was not kneeling while representing the NFL.

Dirt bag is rejected by fans and the NFL owners. Hey asshole...should have stood up for our nation which offers the most opportunities and freedoms on earth.
NFL players slam owners in heated meeting for leaving Colin Kaepernick ‘hung out to dry,' report says

oh nooooo! how dare someone stand up against unarmed young men being shot for no reason.

you people are so disgusting.
Sure. It’s a real problem in our society. BTW, last night while you slept...another cop was killed. Working high crime neighborhoods that are the result of Democrats creating them.

I wish ALL professional athletes in ALL pro sports would start kneeling. as long as we have a corrupt evil government on our hands there is no way in hell I will ever salute the flag because when you do so you are saluting a corrupt government that is WHY when they do play the national anthem at sports,.i head for the restroom.

I am not going to salute some propaganda lie bullshit song the land of the free when the FACTS are it is the land of the OPPRESSED with everything that was taught to us in history classes to be an outright LIE that we were indoctrinated with.
:206::206::206: Fucking crybaby idiot.

Time to keep politics and religion out of sports.
Yeah. Exactly why this asshole is out of a job. The public doesn't like political statements during sports.

Once AGAIN it's not 'during sports" at all. There is nothing in a football (baseball, soccer etc etc) game that requires or even suggests anybody's national anthem, NOR is it done during any game, which begins at the kickoff (or first pitch etc). And when NFL does it it's not even part of the broadcast, nor should it be. Which means nobody even sees any of this unless they happen to be at the game and happen to be looking around for something to whine about. The vast majority watching on some electronic device didn't even know football players were out there for a national anthem, which has only been going on less than a decade anyway.

In other words these are robots playing the "I'm offended" game only because the System ordered them to do that, and it never occurred to them to say, "yeah? Why?".

It's part of the opening of the game. Fans who paid to see the game are in the stadium for said game ( a captive audience). To imply that it's not part of "the game" is dishonest semantics.

I played football (and baseball) all through my youth and not one had a frickin' national anthem in it. And guess what --- they all counted.

The baseball iteration is the most ironic, where a stadium full of zombies obediently go through the motions and then sit down to watch a field of players from Panama and Mexico and Cuba and Venezuela and Japan and Korea and Australia and Curaçao and Colombia and Taiwan and the DR and Canada, eh?
Sorry Pogo but you are wrong. If you are employed by the NFL and under contract you are on the job the second you sign on the dotted line and especially while in uniform.

And that job has nothing to do with music. Does it.

DO YOUR JOB!

Live like the rest of us do. Just because he's a Democrat Snowflake and athlete, does't mean he's special. He can do his political protesting on his own personal time. If he can't do that, he doesn't deserve a job in the NFL. Period, end of story.

You know, the reason he was able to get a job with an NFL team is because he IS "special". Are you capable of running as fast and throwing a football as well as him? Are you capable of the physical fitness that is required to do his job?

If you were, you would be in the NFL. Many people want to play for a professional football team, but the problem is, not many are capable of the physical fitness requirements.

Kaepernick earned his place in the NFL. Too bad that some of you idiots are incapable of seeing that, as well as too bad that you don't understand what the First Amendment stands for.

He's his own biggest problem. He's immature and unprofessional. It's why he could never advance his game to the next level. And no, just because he's a Democrat Snowflake and athlete, doesn't mean he's better than you and me.

At best, the kid is now a bench warmer. But i can understand why teams don't wanna bring him in. Why bring a whiny Snowflake in as a backup QB? They can find numerous QB's to fill that position. Football is a business. They don't want immature unprofessional folks. Why pay someone to be a problem? I'm fine with protesting, just do it on your own personal time. When you're at work, just do your job. Period, end of story.

What you're (deliberately) misstating is that he's not "doing" a damn thing. He's refusing to do something. Something expected by coercion, for no good reason, that has ZERO to do with what he's actually there to do.

You're whining because here's guy who refuses to be a sheep, something for which you don't have the stones.

I still contend he didn't stand for the Anthem that first day partly because he had just been told he would not be starting the game...he was pissed and that is the real reason he didn't stand...it was only the next day he came out with this anti cop shit and his girlfriend bought the pig socks for him and helped pushed his ass right out of any chance of playing in the NFL again....

Dirt bag is rejected by fans and the NFL owners. Hey asshole...should have stood up for our nation which offers the most opportunities and freedoms on earth.
NFL players slam owners in heated meeting for leaving Colin Kaepernick ‘hung out to dry,' report says

oh nooooo! how dare someone stand up against unarmed young men being shot for no reason.

He disrespected the Flag and the nation is stood for, and all it's citizens.

And yet you cannot explain HOW. And there's a reason you can't. It's because your entire butthurt is based on emotion, not on rationality. And that means you have no argument.

And the fans, who are mostly citizens, did not like it.
Congratulations on the appointment as official spokescreature for "the fans" but to the extent the description fits any of them ---- same thing applies.

Truly, imo, the owners are just as much fuckos as he is, because they pandered to this anti-American shit, until it started to hurt their bottom line.

Now you're getting it. Had the owners now bent over for these fake Pentagon charades, there would have been no national anthem to sit out in the first place and none of this demagoguery would exist. That blame can be shared with whoever the hack reporter was who first tried to milk a story out of seeing a player sitting out the anthem (horrors) ---- a reporter who, it should be noted, must have himself been ignoring the whole fake robot-genuflection exercise in order to find Kaepernick in the first place. Wasn't that reporter "disrespecting the flag" (your term) by trolling around for bullshit stories to sell papers?

Oh but that's OK right? And the Pentagon pimping fake-patriotism charades, that's OK too right? And the NFL running an irrelevant anthem before its games --- none of these things is "injecting politics into football", right? Not when you have an uppity you can single out, hell no.

Having it both ways: Priceless. Freaking hypocrite.

Sorry Pogo but you are wrong. If you are employed by the NFL and under contract you are on the job the second you sign on the dotted line and especially while in uniform.

And that job has nothing to do with music. Does it.
Doesn't matter. They are in the stadium wearing an NFL uniform. Hence...on the job.

And your youth games were the same as the NFL?

Same game, yup. So were the other sports. Underlining the point that NOWHERE is it necessary to play any national anthem in order to play a game of football (baseball, basketball, etc). It is not part of the game. It's not in any way related. And I'm refuting those klowns here who want to pretend that it is.

Matter of fact you're about to agree that it's irrelevant later in this post. And you'll be right. :)

Why don't we have to wait through a national anthem when we go to a music concert? A movie? A play? The grocery store? It would be equally irrelevant and make the same amount of sense, i.e. Zero. But then again the concert halls and theaters and grocery stores haven't been pimped out by the Pentagon to put on charades, have they.

Look, outside of the issue of kneeling players, this idea that the players are only on the job from the start of play until the final whistle is ridiculous. I am confident that no NFL player has a contract stipulating that they are only employees during game time. When an NFL player is on the field wearing their team's uniform, they are doing so as employees of the NFL. Kaepernick was kneeling while at work.

Again, NFL players are contractors, not 'employees'. And of course the requirements of that contract require much more than the 60 minutes of play --- practice squads and workouts, suiting up, travel, etc. But nobody is contracted to be a marionette for a Pentagon-pimped fake-patriotism display. It's got (again) Zero to do with the game, with practicing for the game, with travelling to the game, or any other aspect of it.

The anthem may not be during the game, but it is part of the overall package of an NFL game.

That's the league's problem. They let it happen in the first place, and now they've got to deal with the consequences. And again players weren't even ON the field during it, until less than a decade ago. And again again, nobody who hadn't been personally TO an NFL game would have even known it was done at all, since it's also not part of the telecasts, so now we've got the naked hypocrisy of fake-outrage about fake-patriotism being obediently droned by the unwashed who were ordered to play the part, and fall all over themselves to Obey. Which is disgusting.

I don't care about kneeling players. They can kneel or not during the anthem. I don't watch the games to get their personal political or social views. That said, if the NFL wants to require players to stand during the anthem at games, they can do so.

And yet, they don't.

I don't care about sitting/kneeling players (or fans or anybody) either. They, and I, will do what we want. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be outraged because some media hack(s) and some political demagogue(s) demand I do without giving any good reason.

There may not currently be a rule requiring players to stand, but there is a guideline saying they should stand.

If the NFL owners got together and decided as a group not to hire Kaepernick, they deserve to be punished for that. If he isn't being hired because of the negative publicity surrounding him, and it isn't because of any sort of hidden group decision to blackball him, that's just a consequence of his own actions.

I believe he's got a lawsuit making that case. I don't know what its status is but that's NFL business, not mine. As for the "negative publicity", it matters whether that "negative publicity" is real or fake. Just as the Pentagon-pimped fake displays matter. It's imperative to pick out the real from contrived demagoguery. Fakery is fakery.

That's why I keep railing on these klowns to explain the "reasoning" behind the fake outrage. They can't do it --- ergo fake.

I find the tradition of playing the national anthem during sporting events a very odd one. They seem like very unconnected events. That doesn't mean Kaepernick (or any other player) can kneel during the anthem at games without any consequences.

Actually it does mean that. Or more correctly it does NOT mean he can't.

And again Kaepernick was already sitting out the anthem for several games before anyone noticed and tried to milk a fake-outrage "story" out of t. And those games somehow went on like any other game. Nobody got into this fake-outrage play-acting until they were TOLD to.

Again, I've been to many a baseball game and have never once stood for a national anthem. Nobody tried to milk a story out of me, nobody declined to sell me a ticket to another game --- matter of fact, nobody ever said or did a damn thing. Which is as it should be.

It is indeed an odd thing to do assuming the event is not at the Olympics where it might make more sense. It dates from a time of gross national mob mentality hysteria (1918) --- exactly the same year that another mob demanded that one Earnest Starr bend down and kiss the flag. When he refused HE --- not the mob, but the mob's target --- was arrested and sentenced to 10-20 years hard labor ----- for refusing to go along with the mob. That mob was charged with..... nothing. And THAT is the lesson here, because that's where blind robotic obsequious zombified mob mentality leads.

I find it quite significant that the idea of attaching the national anthem to a sports event (read: a large gathering of a captive audience) happened at the same time people were getting arrested for "sedition" and hard labor for refusing a mob's demands. And that in the next year more people were getting deported for their political beliefs in the infamous Palmer Raids. That's all related. What we really should be doing during a national anthem at a sporting event is waving flags with Earnest Starr's picture on them, with the caption "Never Again" -- and observe the real significance of what's going on.

If Aaron Rodgers knelt during the anthem, would he have a job?

He should. And maybe he does, or maybe somebody else does or did, but we just didn't have a hack reporter trying to milk fake-outrage out of it.

Absolutely. Kaepernick was not a good enough QB to get away with rocking the boat the way he did.

His skills or lack thereof are still in no way related to whether he has a right to decline to play the part of marionette.

Herein lies the irony ---- the fake-outrage dolts are bemoaning the fact that here in an exercise of mob mentality coercion, here's a guy who declines to play it, and their objection is on the basis that mob mentality coercion is a "good thing". Because, again, they've been told it is and they can't lift a synapse to think for themselves. So they bleat the Establishment line, all together --- an obedient mob who love them some coercion, as long as it means taking orders without being given a good reason to take them.

We've discussed this before, and I agree that the outrage about Kaepernick kneeling seems silly and contrived. On the other hand, I don't doubt that many people are honestly upset by his actions.

Clearly there are those who profess to be, as represented in this thread. That, we already knew. But do they have a good reason ---- or are they just doing what they're told?

That's why my first question to them has always been, and still is, to EXPLAIN it. To give some rational basis. No such basis has ever appeared, and (again) to be expected. When the mob assembles for the purpose of burning a witch it's running on emotion, and not reason. The two are incompatible.

Kaepernick has a right to sit or kneel during the anthem. NFL teams have a right to decide that his kneeling, combined with a variety of other factors, make him not worth signing.

Call NFL players employees or contractors, the point remains the same: the NFL has pretty broad authority to determine the the conduct of the players. Players have been fired for off-the-field conduct; things that happen during the private time of players. Players have been cut for being arrested, without having been convicted of anything. Players may have the right to protest as citizens, but that does not mean the NFL has to allow such protest from its players.

Once AGAIN, what's being described here is not an 'action' but an inaction. It's declining to take an action. When Earnest Starr refuses the mob's demand to kiss a flag, Earnest Starr is not the one taking an action. The actor is the mob; Starr is just its target.

As far as the NFL, obviously the owners therein can staff their teams as they see fit, on whatever criteria they have. My interest here has nothing to do with that, but rather with the coercion of forced behaviour by the mob and why that is unacceptable.

The national anthem is not integral to playing football. The NFL can decide that they want it played during games, and they can decide that players need to stand while it is played, regardless of how little the anthem has to do with the sport. Put another way, the national anthem is not a part of football, but it can be part of the NFL. Silly or not, playing the national anthem before sporting events is now a pretty normal part of American culture. Kaepernick may not have knelt during the actual game, but he did kneel during a portion of a sports event.

There is nothng "normal" about blind robotic mob mentality unless we live in North Korea. The fact that something has happened repeatedly in the past is in no way a reason it needs to continue, and in no way a reason nobody should dare to ask, "wait-- why are we doing this?"

And no, the national anthem cannot be described as "a sports event" so nobody knelt during a sports event except those quarterbacks with possession of the ball and a lead with 31 seconds left --- now that kind of kneeling I can actually make a case to be offended by. That kind of kneeling is cowardice, and it disrespects the game and the spirit of competition. :gay:

I agree in large part with your take on the playing of the anthem during sports events. I disagree with the impression you present that Kaepernick was not kneeling while representing the NFL.

I don't think I said that and it's not what I think was going on. Rather (again see above) I think he was declining to engage in a pretentious flummery. And again the NFL does not require it anyway. Just as there was no law requiring Earnest Starr to kiss a flag. That's the mob talking.

I really don't get how the mob acquired so many apologists. Mob mentality is *NEVER* a good thing. That's where lynchings come from. That's where Earnest Starr going to prison for being a victim of one comes from. That's where taking a Dachshund from its owner and stoning it to death on the street because the breed has a German name comes from. That's where the Third Reich came from. ANY time a mob is calling the shots it is the duty of any and every citizen to at the very least question it and if appropriate, defy them. "We are a nation of laws", not mobs.

I still contend he didn't stand for the Anthem that first day partly because he had just been told he would not be starting the game...he was pissed and that is the real reason he didn't stand...it was only the next day he came out with this anti cop shit and his girlfriend bought the pig socks for him and helped pushed his ass right out of any chance of playing in the NFL again....

Could be, but whatever his reason was for sitting out the anthem (and it wasn't "that day", it was a regular thing until some hack reporter contrived a fake 'story' out of it) is irrelevant. Could have been meditating. Maybe he had to fart. Who knows or cares.

The relevant part of your post though is at the end, where you suggest the mob can and will punish those who decline to fall in line with the prescribed attitude through blackballing. Shades of the "Red Scare". Isn't Joe McCarthy supposed to be dead?

Once AGAIN, what's being described here is not an 'action' but an inaction. It's declining to take an action. When Earnest Starr refuses the mob's demand to kiss a flag, Earnest Starr is not the one taking an action. The actor is the mob; Starr is just its target.

As far as the NFL, obviously the owners therein can staff their teams as they see fit, on whatever criteria they have. My interest here has nothing to do with that, but rather with the coercion of forced behaviour by the mob and why that is unacceptable.

The semantics of this don't really matter to the overall point. Further, while not standing may be an inaction, it was something he did as a conscious decision. It's not like he just didn't feel like standing up at that moment; sitting was an intentional act of protest, per his own words.

The NFL already coerces certain behaviors from its players, almost certainly based on an attempt to create a particular perception in the fans. I don't see why this is all that different. As far as how people react to players not standing for the anthem, people will think and feel about that what they will. :dunno:

There is nothng "normal" about blind robotic mob mentality unless we live in North Korea. The fact that something has happened repeatedly in the past is in no way a reason it needs to continue, and in no way a reason nobody should dare to ask, "wait-- why are we doing this?"

And no, the national anthem cannot be described as "a sports event" so nobody knelt during a sports event except those quarterbacks with possession of the ball and a lead with 31 seconds left --- now that kind of kneeling I can actually make a case to be offended by. That kind of kneeling is cowardice, and it disrespects the game and the spirit of competition. :gay:

Now you're just being silly. There are all kinds of pointless activities and rituals that are part of any given culture. They often don't make sense, yet they remain. That's just the apparent reality of having human societies. Why do Americans consider tipping important, almost a requirement, at a restaurant? Why are men mostly limited to a suit and tie when it comes to formal clothing? Why are women in skirts and dresses acceptable, but not men? Why is nudity taboo in some places but not others? There are all kinds of cultural quirks. Having the national anthem played at sporting events is a cultural quirk in the US.

It isn't that the anthem is a sports event, it is that the anthem is part of professional sporting events. You can complain about it as much as you like, the reality is that playing the national anthem is a regular part of sporting events in the US. If you don't understand that basically from the moment someone enters a stadium to see a game they are part of a sports event, I don't know what to say.

I don't think I said that and it's not what I think was going on. Rather (again see above) I think he was declining to engage in a pretentious flummery. And again the NFL does not require it anyway. Just as there was no law requiring Earnest Starr to kiss a flag. That's the mob talking.

I really don't get how the mob acquired so many apologists. Mob mentality is *NEVER* a good thing. That's where lynchings come from. That's where Earnest Starr going to prison for being a victim of one comes from. That's where taking a Dachshund from its owner and stoning it to death on the street because the breed has a German name comes from. That's where the Third Reich came from. ANY time a mob is calling the shots it is the duty of any and every citizen to at the very least question it and if appropriate, defy them. "We are a nation of laws", not mobs.

Holy hyperbole, Batman! Equating some people being upset at NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to lynchings is one hell of a stretch. And clearly the "mob" isn't calling the shots, as the NFL has not implemented a rule that players must stand during the anthem. In fact, players continued to sit, kneel, and raise fists during the anthem well after Kaepernick stopped playing. It hasn't been limited to the NFL, either. So this isn't lynching, this isn't the Nazis, this is some people getting upset over a perceived disrespect. Sure, there are some idiots who call for making it a law to stand during the anthem; there are internet tough guys who claim they'd assault someone who didn't stand during the anthem; there are those who equate not standing to spitting on the memory of every fallen US soldier. What you mostly find are people who don't like when someone doesn't stand during the anthem, who find it disrespectful, and perhaps have stopped watching the NFL because of the protesting players.

This issue doesn't even have anything to do with the law. This is about professional football players, NFL team owners, and fans. No laws have been broken that I know of, no new laws have been implemented. And the reality is that, in some contexts, we are a nation of mobs. One might argue that mobs are what determine what gets on television, or in the newspaper. Mobs determine who gets elected when it's based on popular vote. And mobs can determine what the NFL decides is proper conduct for its players.

You want to defy the people who are upset about kneeling players? OK, watch the NFL, and buy NFL merchandise, I guess. ;)

He disrespected the Flag and the nation is stood for, and all it's citizens.

And yet you cannot explain HOW. And there's a reason you can't. It's because your entire butthurt is based on emotion, not on rationality. And that means you have no argument.

How? Seriously?

During a ritual where standing is requested as a show of respect, he choose to KNEEL.

And if you had any doubt, he clarified in his words, that he was doing that, because he did not want to show respect to America, the country.

Do I need to explain to you the connection between America, and Americans?

My offense is emotional. I am offended by blatant anti-Americanism, especially by Americans.

And the fans, who are mostly citizens, did not like it.

Congratulations on the appointment as official spokescreature for "the fans" but to the extent the description fits any of them ---- same thing applies.

As I explained before, the same thing does apply. Kaepernick disrespected all of them.

People who's money, supports the whole industry that Kaepernick, the anti-Americans asshole, and his anti-American asshole fellow players, and the anti-Americans asshole owners, who benefit from that support.

FUCK THEM ALL.

Truly, imo, the owners are just as much fuckos as he is, because they pandered to this anti-American shit, until it started to hurt their bottom line.

Now you're getting it. Had the owners now bent over for these fake Pentagon charades, there would have been no national anthem to sit out in the first place and none of this demagoguery would exist. That blame can be shared with whoever the hack reporter was who first tried to milk a story out of seeing a player sitting out the anthem (horrors) ---- a reporter who, it should be noted, must have himself been ignoring the whole fake robot-genuflection exercise in order to find Kaepernick in the first place. Wasn't that reporter "disrespecting the flag" (your term) by trolling around for bullshit stories to sell papers?

Oh but that's OK right? And the Pentagon pimping fake-patriotism charades, that's OK too right? And the NFL running an irrelevant anthem before its games --- none of these things is "injecting politics into football", right? Not when you have an uppity you can single out, hell no.

Having it both ways: Priceless. Freaking hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

Your issue with the inclusion of the National Anthem in the pre game rituals, is noted.

It does not excuse Kaepernick's assholeness, nor the assholeness of his fellow players or the owners.

FUCK THEM ALL.

[
FroBro is a no talent reject with anti-American political views.

FroBro is a talented player with anti-Conservative political view.

There, fixed it for you..
If you actually knew anything at all about the N.F.L., you would realize that were he talented enough, he would have a job. He is wildly inaccurate and has yet to learn how to read a defense. He is demanding a starters salary yet does bring enough to the table to make signing him worth all the negative crap he brings with him.

[
FroBro is a no talent reject with anti-American political views.

FroBro is a talented player with anti-Conservative political view.

There, fixed it for you..
If you actually knew anything at all about the N.F.L., you would realize that were he talented enough, he would have a job. He is wildly inaccurate and has yet to learn how to read a defense. He is demanding a starters salary yet does bring enough to the table to make signing him worth all the negative crap he brings with him.

How do you know he is demanding a starter's salary?

I served this country for over 20 years and through 4 different war zones. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

Supporting the Constitution means that you support the things that are written in it.

Defending the Constitution means that you understand the concepts written in it, and you will speak out whenever someone is using it wrong.

Free speech is one of those things that is contained in the Constitution. Kaepernick was simply exercising his right to free speech by taking a knee.

The NFL, fans and people who watch are entitled to have their opinion about his actions and voice them if they feel the need.

Kaepernick has a right to do what he did. Even if I don't agree with what he does, he still has the right to do it.
You are obviously a liberal commie scum, and not a true Patriot like Donald Trump and his followers.

Forum List

Back