Justice Roberts says what?

What will happen when the 2nd Impeachment Trial convenes?

• It will proceed as a democrat Kangaroo Court with Kamala presiding

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • It will be challenged for constitutionality and sent to the USSC for a decision

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Other?

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
You see what you want to see, Pogo/troll. I read the words from Trump, and not seeing what you and yours are seeing.
If he wanted a riot, he would have stated just that, he didn't. He was speaking how he felt about the election and the process.
That is not inciting a riot. And, what they've learned about the participants of the actual riot, tends to lean toward
the professional agitators like we've seen last summer with the mostly peaceful protests.

I find it odd how there have been all these hundreds, if not thousands of accusations here that he incited a riot, yet not so much as one single leftist hack can quote his words that actually did so. It's always "well, people say he did", or "Everybody knows he did" or some such.

I worry for our country when so many mindless partisans do not even ask one simple question -- "is this true". These true believers simply do not care. All they know is that all their little mates would kick them out of the club if they DID ask that question.

Mitch McConnell states that Trump is at fault for what happened that day and let me be clear if you believe Mitch McConnell is a leftist hack then you are nuts!

Fact is Trump didn’t do much before or during the assault on the Capitol and afterwards when he realized manyRepublicans were pissed he issued a statement, and even then his comments were wrong for the moment!!

Finally, those believing the Senate Trial is the Impeachment phase need to brush up on their U.S. Government courses and let be clear if the Senate does Convict this is no longer a leftist thing but a bipartisan thing where enough Senators from both sides said Trump was guilty!

Now with that written I will warn that if Trump is convicted it will be tossed by the USSC because is not a sitting President and he has left office...
Thank you for confirming that none of the leftist hacks here are capable of anything more than "but people say so".

Thank you for confirming that you are unable to understand the difference between the Impeachment in the House and the Senate Trial.

And

Thank you for showing the board how you believe the Democrats are the only ones wanting to punish Trump and those like you for your insurrection against the U.S. Government when it is clear many Republicans from McConnell to Cheney want some sort of punishment!

Isn’t it amazing anyone that does not drink Trump bath water must be a RINO or Leftist whore in the mind of someone like you when in fact Trump was best friends with Clinton and major donor for the Democrats for decades, so which one of us is the true leftist whore here and remember you are the one crying over Trump and not me!

Cheney is in the HOUSE! She doesn't get to decide. She already showed her ass and will probably suffer for it.
Never said she was in the Senate and never alluded to it either, so I do not know where you get that I wrote it but hey you are nuts...

Yes, you did. You can't read your own writing? The Senate decides the punishment, not the House, of which she is a member. She can want him punished but that doesn't make any fucking difference.

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Show me where I wrote Senator Cheney because you are lying as usual and I wrote From McConnell to Cheney they want Trump punished and never said she was a Senator, so why lie troll and are you a closet Homo seeing you are asking for your nuts to be sucked?

Hey fucktard, as I said above, "The Senate decides the punishment". Do you need remedial reading instruction? I can put you on to a real incompetent loser teacher. She probably would be too busy since she is a nurse and FLOTUS.
Taking a swipe at Dr. Jill Biden career tell me you are truly hurt about a wonderful woman being married to Joe Biden...

Also my comment was to another poster and not you and I never wrote Senator when I wrote Cheney, so let be clear you are nuts and most likely got fired from teaching because you are a raving lunatic!

Yes, you definitely need help with that reading issue. All you provide is distraction, lies, and your pathetic misunderstanding of the written language. You may kiss my ass on your way out. "IGNORE"

You see what you want to see, Pogo/troll. I read the words from Trump, and not seeing what you and yours are seeing.
If he wanted a riot, he would have stated just that, he didn't. He was speaking how he felt about the election and the process.
That is not inciting a riot. And, what they've learned about the participants of the actual riot, tends to lean toward
the professional agitators like we've seen last summer with the mostly peaceful protests.

I find it odd how there have been all these hundreds, if not thousands of accusations here that he incited a riot, yet not so much as one single leftist hack can quote his words that actually did so. It's always "well, people say he did", or "Everybody knows he did" or some such.

I worry for our country when so many mindless partisans do not even ask one simple question -- "is this true". These true believers simply do not care. All they know is that all their little mates would kick them out of the club if they DID ask that question.

Mitch McConnell states that Trump is at fault for what happened that day and let me be clear if you believe Mitch McConnell is a leftist hack then you are nuts!

Fact is Trump didn’t do much before or during the assault on the Capitol and afterwards when he realized manyRepublicans were pissed he issued a statement, and even then his comments were wrong for the moment!!

Finally, those believing the Senate Trial is the Impeachment phase need to brush up on their U.S. Government courses and let be clear if the Senate does Convict this is no longer a leftist thing but a bipartisan thing where enough Senators from both sides said Trump was guilty!

Now with that written I will warn that if Trump is convicted it will be tossed by the USSC because is not a sitting President and he has left office...
Thank you for confirming that none of the leftist hacks here are capable of anything more than "but people say so".

Thank you for confirming that you are unable to understand the difference between the Impeachment in the House and the Senate Trial.

And

Thank you for showing the board how you believe the Democrats are the only ones wanting to punish Trump and those like you for your insurrection against the U.S. Government when it is clear many Republicans from McConnell to Cheney want some sort of punishment!

Isn’t it amazing anyone that does not drink Trump bath water must be a RINO or Leftist whore in the mind of someone like you when in fact Trump was best friends with Clinton and major donor for the Democrats for decades, so which one of us is the true leftist whore here and remember you are the one crying over Trump and not me!

Cheney is in the HOUSE! She doesn't get to decide. She already showed her ass and will probably suffer for it.
Never said she was in the Senate and never alluded to it either, so I do not know where you get that I wrote it but hey you are nuts...

Yes, you did. You can't read your own writing? The Senate decides the punishment, not the House, of which she is a member. She can want him punished but that doesn't make any fucking difference.

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Show me where I wrote Senator Cheney because you are lying as usual and I wrote From McConnell to Cheney they want Trump punished and never said she was a Senator, so why lie troll and are you a closet Homo seeing you are asking for your nuts to be sucked?

Hey fucktard, as I said above, "The Senate decides the punishment". Do you need remedial reading instruction? I can put you on to a real incompetent loser teacher. She probably would be too busy since she is a nurse and FLOTUS.
Taking a swipe at Dr. Jill Biden career tell me you are truly hurt about a wonderful woman being married to Joe Biden...

Also my comment was to another poster and not you and I never wrote Senator when I wrote Cheney, so let be clear you are nuts and most likely got fired from teaching because you are a raving lunatic!

Yes, you definitely need help with that reading issue. All you provide is distraction, lies, and your pathetic misunderstanding of the written language. You may kiss my ass on your way out. "IGNORE"

Thank Gawd!

I mean someone claiming I am using distraction and lies and yet all you could have done is shown me where I wrote Senator Cheney, but instead you ran away like a sniveling little coward as usual because you know I never wrote it in the first damn place!

And

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Dood. You're embarrassing yourself.

And

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Dood. You're embarrassing yourself.

He sure is when he is losing a debate to someone like me!

Jesus fucking Christ these Trumpsters are truly upset at the reality their hero is going to get his ass handed to him either through the Senate or the State of New York!

And

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Thank Gawd!

I mean someone claiming I am using distraction and lies and yet all you could have done is shown me where I wrote Senator Cheney, but instead you ran away like a sniveling little coward as usual because you know I never wrote it in the first damn place!

I never said nor claimed you said she wasn't a Senator, dickless! If you could fucking read you would know that. How many times does someone have to make a post before you get your autistic neighbor to read it for you? Goodbye for good, you worthless piece of shit!

Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly wants no part of Trump's impeachment trial (yahoo.com)

" Trump's trial is a bit of a constitutional oddity. On the one hand, it's a presidential impeachment, but on the other hand, the trial will take place after he leaves office, which is why there's a chance Roberts may have some wiggle room. "

Gee, what's Schumer going to do with his 'erection' now?

Its part of Roberts' job duties, he doesn't have a choice. I guess he could quit?
I sorta like the sound of he doesn't have a choice. I don't know what he's talking about, the left went after him in the last trial. What did he do?

Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly wants no part of Trump's impeachment trial (yahoo.com)

" Trump's trial is a bit of a constitutional oddity. On the one hand, it's a presidential impeachment, but on the other hand, the trial will take place after he leaves office, which is why there's a chance Roberts may have some wiggle room. "

Gee, what's Schumer going to do with his 'erection' now?
From your linked article's original source, Politico...because this trial is not of a sitting president, but ex president, he does not have to be the one presiding over the impeachment according to the Constitution.... it can be someone like the President of the Senate, VP Harris, or longest Served Senator, Leahy.....

JOHN ROBERTS WANTS OUT OF JURY DUTY: Multiple Republican and Democratic sources close to the impeachment trial negotiations tell us that Supreme Court Chief Justice JOHN ROBERTS is looking to avoid presiding over impeachment proceedings.

We’re hearing that Roberts, who for years has sought to keep the courts apolitical, was not happy he became a top target of the left during Trump’s first impeachment trial. “He wants no further part of this,” one of our Hill sources says. A spokesperson for the chief justice declined to comment when our Josh Gerstein reached out.

The Constitution delegates the chief justice to oversee impeachments of presidents, but this time around Trump will be an ex-president. That’s why lawmakers and aides were talking through the weekend about two other figures who historically have presided over lower-level impeachments: the vice president and the longest-serving member of the chamber. But would KAMALA HARRIS really want to do this in her first week on the job? If not, Sen. PATRICK LEAHY (D-Vt.) could be the guy.
Typical Democrats, making it up as they go along. How can you Constitutionality impeach and convict a person who is no longer in office?
First, he was impeached while in office, the trial two weeks after he left office.

But to answer your question, there is precedent.... President Grant's Secretary of War, William Belknap, was impeached AFTER he no longer held the office, and was tried by the Senate about 3 weeks after he had been impeached and no longer held office.

In addition, the 14th Amendment States anyone involved in an attempted insurrection shall no longer be eligible to hold any future office... but no means is given on how to do such.... one option is through impeachment, the other through criminal insurrection charges....

The impeachment trial per the constitution involves two votes by the Senators...

One VOTE is to convict him of the articles of impeachment, which takes 2/3rds of the Senators,

The second VOTE, is for Senators to keep the office holder from ever holding g an office holder position again, which only requires a majority vote.

In order to achieve the second constitutional requirement of voting to never allow them to hold office again, a trial in the Senate, has to take place... So a person no longer holding office when an impeachment trial takes place to essentially remove them from office...does stop the trial from taking place, because the second impeachment vote required, still has to be done, to complete the Senate trial process.
14 amendment Section2? The section that says MALES over 21 get to vote and get to hold office-----------and says that those involved in any crimes not just rebellions (which btw since trump was the government how he can be rebelling against the government) ---------------------THOSE INVOLVED IN ANY CRIMES is a cute phrase since you know that Biden has admitted to blackmailing --and he was doing for bribes to his family which got funnelled to him which is exactly the same chit that PELOSI and her family were doing.

If you want to really test this section--bring it on-..................because the Way I am reading it, all those Congress critters with families getting money (aka BRIBE taking) are all illegally in office and this section doesn't even require a criminal conviction to remove them so ergo it would also be impossible to rebel against them.

This section also defines as a citizen being represented in US as only those being citizens under the jurisdiction of the US_------meaning many of the electoral votes in NY and CALI don't even count.

And

Suck my nuts, libtard!

Thank Gawd!

I never said nor claimed you said she wasn't a Senator, dickless! If you could fucking read you would know that. How many times does someone have to make a post before you get your autistic neighbor to read it for you? Goodbye for good, you worthless piece of shit!

First off you are claiming that I wrote she was a Senator and I never wrote that and now you are claiming I said you said I said she wasn’t a Senator, so are you fucking drunk posting?

Next, you said you were ignoring me already, so either ignore me and fuck off or admit you are nuts!

So as the board can see I never said Cheney was a Senator and my response to Dog was not to you unless you are Dog which would explain why you are nuts!

Now let see if you answer and lie again!

.....as USUAL, more time and American tax payer $$$$$$ WASTED on crap
.....the Capitol/etc NEEDS to be invaded and those jackasses hit with frying pans!!!!!!!!!!!!
......so much bullshit waste
......remember the MLB steroid hearings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Like 11 Benghazi investigations to come up with.....ZIP?

MAGA

Zip? The Benghazi investigations came up with plenty. Obama and Hillary fucked that pooch in the caboose. They did not want to admit that Obama had not stopped terrorism during his reelection campaign.

As long as we are going off topic...You know what came up with ZIP? Mueller.
WTF is your point on the SECOND Impeachment clown show????????

I am glad that ewe like your God/King trying to overthrow our government!!!

MAGA

Govt is the lib god. Thats all they have.

tRump is yours!

MAGA

I supported him. I don't nor will I ever support Rs or Ds who have been destroying this country for decades.
Exactly. The oligarchs buy politicains, and then make $billions outsourcing jobs, and importing products that undercut US products. Trump upset the applecart with his "populist-America First" agenda.
That was all window dressing. Trump was in on the importing or at least the branding of imported products, as much as anyone. Look behind the curtain; he's been laughing at you. :abgg2q.jpg:
Either show me a few links to backup your bullshit or I'm laughing at you.

Please remember that the FBI is investigating the Biden's money-laundering scams.
The Bidens got $millions from Burisma in Ukraine
The Bidens got a cool $1,500,000,000 from China to "invest"
You can google any of these and get tons of links

p.s. don't forget Hunter's laptop, the emails, and the 1st hand whistleblower

p.s. I don't know Q? That must be for goobers only.
lol. We also know right wingers only have frivolity in open Court due to their being clueless and Causeless.

.....the Capitol/etc NEEDS to be invaded and those jackasses hit with frying pans!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAGA

Zip? The Benghazi investigations came up with plenty. Obama and Hillary fucked that pooch in the caboose. They did not want to admit that Obama had not stopped terrorism during his reelection campaign.

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

I supported him. I don't nor will I ever support Rs or Ds who have been destroying this country for decades.
Exactly. The oligarchs buy politicains, and then make $billions outsourcing jobs, and importing products that undercut US products. Trump upset the applecart with his "populist-America First" agenda.
That was all window dressing. Trump was in on the importing or at least the branding of imported products, as much as anyone. Look behind the curtain; he's been laughing at you. :abgg2q.jpg:

Please remember that the FBI is investigating the Biden's money-laundering scams.

lol. We also know right wingers only have frivolity in open Court due to their being clueless and Causeless.
lol. We also know left wingers only have frivolity in open Court due to their being clueless and Causeless.

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

lol. We also know left wingers only have frivolity in open Court due to their being clueless and Causeless.
No, we don't. The reason why Your guy got very little accomplished is because right wingers just make stuff up and have no clue and no Cause as to how our federal Constitution is supposed to work.

Nancy's faux impeachment of Trump is beginning to fall apart already.
The Belknap "precedent" is not even a "given".
Can you say "Constitutional Crisis"?

"The Constitution says that in impeachments for presidents, the chief justice of the Supreme Court is the presiding officer. For lesser impeachments, the presiding officer has been the same as for other Senate business — either the vice president or a senator. The Constitution is not clear on who should preside over impeachments for former presidents."

So if Kamala Harris presides over Nancy's Kangaroo Court, just imagine how fast the trial will be and how little the defense will be allowed to present. OBJECTION!! What a joke. If ANY Republicans vote guilty they are done, gone, primaried and discarded.
Lie, they have not chosen who will preside.
As a person who hopes Trump is convicted, the trial would be tainted by a Democrat presiding.
I am confident Roberts will preside.

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

No, we don't. The reason why Your guy got very little accomplished is because right wingers just make stuff up and have no clue and no Cause as to how our federal Constitution is supposed to work.
yes you do .....just only one example, he got us out of the DUMBASS Paris Accords--a great accomplishment ----now jackass Harris/Biden got us back in!!!!!!!!! they are dumbasses..Harris fell for the Smollet hoax!! = big dumbass

"The Constitution says that in impeachments for presidents, the chief justice of the Supreme Court is the presiding officer. For lesser impeachments, the presiding officer has been the same as for other Senate business — either the vice president or a senator. The Constitution is not clear on who should preside over impeachments for former presidents."

So if Kamala Harris presides over Nancy's Kangaroo Court, just imagine how fast the trial will be and how little the defense will be allowed to present. OBJECTION!! What a joke. If ANY Republicans vote guilty they are done, gone, primaried and discarded.

Just think, we might even get witnesses this time unlike in Mitch's last faux "trial". Lotta evidence will be unfolding in the next couple weeks. Like all the violent insurrectionists who sincerely believe that Trump called him and sent them to "fight like hell".

And your threats of primaries are laughable. Senators with a backbone will do the right thing and their constituents will reward them.

LOL, insurrectionists? Until Nancy uttered it you'd never even knew about the word.

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

yes you do .....just only one example, he got us out of the DUMBASS Paris Accords--a great accomplishment ----now jackass Harris/Biden got us back in!!!!!!!!! they are dumbasses..Harris fell for the Smollet hoax!! = big dumbass
I agree to disagree. Fossil fuels are finite anyway. We should be advancing renewable energy even if only for the advances in technologies it will require. Emerging technologies also create more opportunities for Labor.

Lie, they have not chosen who will preside.
As a person who hopes Trump is convicted, the trial would be tainted by a Democrat presiding.
I am confident Roberts will preside.
Roberts said he IS NOT PRESIDING.
Roberts only presides when the PRESIDENT is impeached, not citizen Trump
Nancy's Kangaroo Court should be hilarious, with "heels up" Kamala deep-sixing her 2024 GOP opponent, no conflict there!

MAGA

MAGA

tRump is yours!

MAGA

I agree to disagree. Fossil fuels are finite anyway. We should be advancing renewable energy even if only for the advances in technologies it will require. Emerging technologies also create more opportunities for Labor.
..it's not so much as the energy/climate/etc as it is that it fks over the US .....just up front we have to PAY for all kinds of crap BEFORE even getting into the cutting emissions/etc

Donald Trump cannot be impeached except on the basis that he is still legally the President by the true results of the general election November 3.

Public officials are no longer subject to impeachment after they leave office, as they no longer have the protections of public office against criminal prosecution. Richard Nixon, for example, would have been impeached but for his resignation.
The Establishment that brought the impeachment articles against Nixon clearly did not want to bring those charges in a proper criminal court.
At a 2014 panel discussion, Ford’s lawyer during that period, Benton Becker, explained an additional element that influenced Ford’s decision to issue a presidential pardon: a 1915 Supreme Court decision. In Burdick v. United States, the Court ruled that a pardon carried an "imputation of guilt" and accepting a pardon was "an admission of guilt.”. Thus, this decision implied that Nixon accepted his guilt in the Watergate controversy by also accepting Ford’s pardon.
Thus the courts nullified the powers of a presidential pardon by causing the alleged crime to remain on the defendant's record as a criminal conviction even after a pardon. Which means that a pardon is no different, by that SCOTUS twist, from Barack Obama's commutation of Chelsea Manning's sentence which leaves the criminal conviction on her record with a dishonorable discharge.

The courts have also nullified the due process of a jury trial with a mandatory collective bargaining plea agreement -- which entails a forced confession or guilty plea and is always deemed by a public defender or private defense attorney to be in the best interests for the defendant to accept and forfeit any rights to a jury trial.

In all cases whatever, a mere arrest always counts as a conviction on all counts listed on “charging documents” in the U.S. court system, no matter what.

..it's not so much as the energy/climate/etc as it is that it fks over the US .....just up front we have to PAY for all kinds of crap BEFORE even getting into the cutting emissions/etc
You mean like venture capital? In my opinion, it should be about returns to scale whenever possible. Fusion (an energy with a future) is one current and costly example until it comes online.

Forum List

Back