Justice Department sues Texas over restrictive abortion law

That's incorrect, most women don't even know if they're pregnant or not by 6 weeks, a fetus is not a viable entity until after 24 weeks and then is still iffy before that point likelihood of survival is less than 50%. The law does not take into account rape or incest, nor does it take into consideration the many third term trimester abortions that married women have to have in order to save their lives or because the child is born we have multiple problems and most likely die anyway. these aren't decisions that should be made by the state these are decisions that have to be made by the mother the father if there if there is a husband involved and her doctor. No one else should be impeding the process. They aren't helping the issue they're hurting it.
Honestly, it's no one else's fucking business whether a woman wants to or gets an abortion, yet this law makes it anyone's business who wants to take the time out of their day to make it theirs.

The defendants should ALWAYS file a counter claim.

Honestly, it's no one else's fucking business whether a woman wants to or gets an abortion, yet this law makes it anyone's business who wants to take the time out of their day to make it theirs.

The defendants should ALWAYS file a counter claim.
Thus it is nobody’s business whether or not I get a vaccine. Checkmate.

Lies as usual. We care about the unborn children a lot more than idiots like you do. Nobody is controlling the lives of women (or in your case one identifying as a woman). Merely not allowing murder of an unborn child with a heartbeat.
Nobody is murdering children. Murder is a legal term that indicates the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. An abortion is a lawful medical procedure.
You don't approve or believe in abortion, simple solution is don't ever have one or risk impregnating someone who might feel differently than you do.

People who are such control freaks that they have this compelling need to try to control what other people do to the point that they harass women at medical clinics or elsewhere are the real head cases here.

The most idiotic part of this law is that private citizens can attempt to personally enrich themselves to the tune of $10,000 per claim by further traumatizing women and dragging them and their business into open court simply because they've exercised their right to terminate a pregnancy.
If the abortion was illegal, they they had no right to terminate the pregnancy,
I find it extremely interesting that his law passed around the same time that Texas went to Constitutional carry.
A prime example of a non seq. Well done.

Its not about controlling women's bodies, never has been. If you are a woman, and want to punch yourself in the face for 4 hours straight, nobody is going to try and stop you and "control" you. Its only when a baby is involved that they want to protect THAT life.

I've never seen any republican have any issue with a woman doing what they want with their body, except in the case of abortion, and the presence of another life.
But, this whole narrative of "repubs just want to control women" just isn't true.
But why do you believe you have the right to do that, particularly if it's not your child?

Nobody is murdering children. Murder is a legal term that indicates the unlawful killing of a human being by another human being. An abortion is a lawful medical procedure.
You don't approve or believe in abortion, simple solution is don't ever have one or risk impregnating someone who might feel differently than you do.

People who are such control freaks that they have this compelling need to try to control what other people do to the point that they harass women at medical clinics or elsewhere are the real head cases here.
Yet freaks like you want the right to murder unborn children. Nobody here has harassed women at clinics Karen. Head cases are people like you who celebrate murder of unborn children.

You know what, I really don't care if you get the vaccine or not, if you get COVID or not, if you die or not.

Honestly.
Am i supposed to care soy boi? Your overinflated ego just makes you blind to reality loser. Guess what? Nobody here cares if you live or die either.

If the abortion was illegal, they they had no right to terminate the pregnancy,

Women have been getting abortions, legal or not for as long as they've been getting pregnant.

Changing the amount of time in which she can obtain one in order to make it harder to stay under the lawful limit is inexcusable meddling. We know that the powers that be are not satisfied just with PREVENTING abortions, they want to punish women who GET or INQUIRE about OBTAINING abortions.

You can't know unless you work in the doctor's office what's going on and within what time frame and there is no way to do any of this without invading the woman's privacy. And suing her for money damages for a harm that one hasn't suffered in order to put her medical information and personal business in the public domain is nothing but a evil, vindictive scheme, a scheme to punish women for doing something that has been legal but that certain members of society do not agree with. These people are so fucked up that they can't be satisfied with not having an abortion themselves, they have to actively interfer in the rights of others in order to do what they can to prevent them from not having one either.

That's not a non seq, I'm pointing out that the stalkers may start getting shot.

Yet freaks like you want the right to murder unborn children. Nobody here has harassed women at clinics Karen. Head cases are people like you who celebrate murder of unborn children.
Well you think Ashli Babbett was mudered so you've already demonstrated your lack of critical thinking abilities.

Wow you're stupid and just piling it on, but that's okay. Has your wife ever aborted any of your spawn?

Am i supposed to care soy boi? Your overinflated ego just makes you blind to reality loser. Guess what? Nobody here cares if you live or die either.
Well you may not care if I live or not but it's not true that NOBODY cares lol. On the other hand, it's very much true that I probably wouldn't even notice if you suddenly disappeared.

Soy boi? Really lol? So earlier you claimed I "identify" as female so that means you think I'm a transgenered female or a transgendered male?

How does granting someone standing to sue violate the US constitution?
I haven't read the law only the analysis of it and I believe that a law granting private citizens standing to enforce criminal law as well as providing a cause of action that allows them to enrich themselves at the expense of another without having been personally harmed, violates the rights of the women involved.

I'm not making a case but this one place I believe one could start (and one of the rights that is protected under "all civil rights") as in 18 U.S. Code § 248 - Freedom of access to clinic entrances
(a) Prohibited Activities.—Whoever—
(1)
by force or threat of force or by physical obstruction, intentionally injures, intimidates or interferes with or attempts to injure, intimidate or interfere with any person because that person is or has been, or in order to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from, obtaining or providing reproductive health services;​

There are a lot of people who hate the fact that I carry a weapon but there is nothing that they can do about it other than harass me and complain, they can't prevent me from carrying but let's say that they changed the laws so that ever time they saw me in public they could snap a picture and go and file a civil complaint against me and get a judgment for $10,000. I have the constitutional right to carry but if my state were crazy enough to create a cause of action that allows individual citizens to punish me for exercising my 2nd amendment right, which is protected, then that new state law would allow violation of my Constitutional rights not even by the government, but a bunch of busy bodies. Are these people now agents of the state of Texas and they can be arrested and sued as agents under Code 1983 Color of Law Act?

I looked up another analysis with reference to the law itself and it reads in part as follows (the patients can not be sued, apparently only the health care providers and assistants, and parents any anyone else who holds her hands or gives her a ride, etc.) This is just BAD law:
Aside from showing that no banned abortion occurred, the only valid argument for defendants appears to be if they acted on the belief, “after conducting a reasonable investigation, that the physician performing or inducing the abortion had complied or would comply” with the ban. The law does not say what constitutes a reasonable investigation.

Defendants could be liable if they act in accordance with a court ruling that is subsequently overturned. In other words, if an appellate court were to find S.B. 8 unconstitutional, abortions resumed, and the Supreme Court later overruled the appellate court, people could be sued for actions taken while the law was suspended.

Notably, the burden is on defendants to prove they did not break the law, not on the plaintiffs to prove that the law was broken — the opposite of normal legal practice.

The standard of proof is “a preponderance of the evidence,” meaning defendants must show a greater than 50 percent chance that they are right. That is the normal standard in civil trials (in contrast to the stricter “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard in criminal trials), but the burden normally belongs to the accuser, not the accused.

I haven't read the law only the analysis of it and I believe that a law granting private citizens standing to enforce criminal law as well as providing a cause of action that allows them to enrich themselves at the expense of another without having been personally harmed, violates the rights of the women involved.
The lawsuit comes after the woman has an illegal abortion.
A woman has no right to an illegal abortion.
I'm not making a case...
You're right - a lawsuit specifically allowed by law is not, under any legal definition, intimidation.
if it were, thenno one coudl ever threaten to sue anyone,.
There are a lot of people who hate the fact that I carry a weapon but there is nothing that they can do about it other than harass me and complain, they can't prevent me from carrying but let's say that they changed the laws so that ever time they saw me in public they could snap a picture and go and file a civil complaint against me and get a judgment for $10,000.
Non seq - it is legal for you to carry a weapon.

Forum List

Back