Justice Department sues Texas over restrictive abortion law

Can't have either without the other.
Atheists can and do my friend.
And I believe that even in America the atheist faction is larger than any single Christian sect. Perhaps even bigger than all of them together?
Can you tell me if either is true?
In any case atheists form a larger group than 'some' or even 'many' Christian groups.

And I believe that even in America the atheist faction is larger than any single Christian sect. Perhaps even bigger than all of them together?
In any case atheists form a larger group than 'some' or even 'many' Christian groups.
If you consider the sleeper group's in America (those that don't get involved until it hits home), then you'll find out that the atheist are a super minority that has been swollen up in number by media lie's, and other manipulated bullcrap.

The Texas nonsense can't possibly stand, but other lesser restrictions can come out of it that might. America's politicians already know that it's too far afield for America to adopt on a wide scale.

This conversation should be more about the consequences of extremism against abortion and how America would will suffer if calmer heads don't prevail.

Separation of church and state will have to take this nonsense down at the Scotus level.

On the positive side, the country will be further divided along religious lines and that's most likely the quickest way to rise above religious myths interfering in law.

Yet none of you baby butcher fans can tell us what is unconstitutional about it. lol you're just parroting rubbish you heard from some hack farm.

Most of you aren't actually atheists, you're pagan materialist cultists, which is why you wet yourselves over the Xians.

Most of you aren't actually atheists, you're pagan materialist cultists, which is why you wet yourselves over the Xians.
We're all different as atheists. Atheism isn't a religion but the title, 'atheists' cover all of us who don't believe in supernatural sky fairies.

If you consider the sleeper group's in America (those that don't get involved until it hits home), then you'll find out that the atheist are a super minority that has been swollen up in number by media lie's, and other manipulated bullcrap.
You don't seem to have grasped the meaning of the word 'atheist'
It simply means that we aren't theists. That could include sleeper groups (whatever they are?), media, or any other people or groups who don't fit the title of 'theists'.

You don't seem to have grasped the meaning of the word 'atheist'
It simply means that we aren't theists. That could include sleeper groups (whatever they are?), media, or any other people or groups who don't fit the title of 'theists'.
Whatever, it isn't worth it dude. Just go on being whatever you are because frankly no body cares. It's your sword to fall on in the end.

Whatever, it isn't worth it dude. Just go on being whatever you are because frankly no body cares. It's your sword to fall on in the end.
I feel quite confident that Christianity is supernatural nonsense.
Things could be better for Americans is they didn't care nearly as much. Government could truly be separated from the church and the threat would no longer be held over the heads of athesists in government who are oblige to pretend to be Christians.

That break is currently happening with the acceptance of others who practice different religions, and should extend to acceptance of atheists in no more than another ten years.

I feel quite confident that Christianity is supernatural nonsense.
Things could be better for Americans is they didn't care nearly as much. Government could truly be separated from the church and the threat would no longer be held over the heads of athesists in government who are oblige to pretend to be Christians.

That break is currently happening with the acceptance of others who practice different religions, and should extend to acceptance of atheists in no more than another ten years.
Sounds like a rotten agenda to me, but it's your sword to fall upon. No one is stopping you.

I hear a Brownie can’t become a Girl Scout until she’s had an abortion.
On a side note, a Cub Scout can’t become a Boy Scout until he’s eaten his first Brownie.
I thought Boy Scouts were Girl Scouts now. Since girls need to feel entitled to take over everything these days.

"The United States has the authority and the responsibility to ensure that no state can deprive individuals of their constitutional rights to a legislative scheme specifically designed to prevent the vindication of those rights," Garland said at a news conference."

Why then hasn't Garland sued the states of CA and NJ and NY and MD and HI for their legislative schemes specifically designed to prevent the vindication of the exercise of the right to keep and bear arms?
Because the Supreme Court has never ruled as to the constitutionality of state AWBs.

That’s not the case with laws banning abortion, where the Supreme Court has long ruled that such measures are un-Constitutional.

AWBs are Constitutional; laws banning abortion are not.

In its lawsuit, therefore, Justice is following settled, accepted privacy rights jurisprudence as determined by the Supreme Court – and appropriately so.

It would be inappropriate for Justice to sue states concerning their AWBs as those measures are perfectly lawful and consistent with the Second Amendment.

If a Supreme Court Judge is not able to see the unconstitutionality of the Texas bill they don't deserve to be a Supreme Court Judge. It's that simple keep laughing your fool head off. No matter how the state of Texas crafted the bill it won't stand up to constitutionality. Incentivizing spying on your neighbors is something that the Soviet Union encouraged, it is not something that should be allowed anywhere in the United States. The Republicans who sponsored this bill and the governor should be ashamed of themselves. This is such a violation of American rights it isn't funny.
The Supreme Court will likely uphold the Texas anti-choice law – or the similar measure in Mississippi – allowing the states to violate the right to privacy and compel women to give birth against their will.

In time the Court will likely invalidate state AWBs as well, which would be appropriate given such bans are an example of government excess and overreach.

Indeed, laws banning both abortion and assault weapons should be invalidated as un-Constitutional increases of government authority at the expense of individual liberty.

This also illustrates the hypocrisy of conservatives – if the states have the right to ban abortion, they should likewise have the right to ban assault weapons.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

Its not about controlling women's bodies, never has been. If you are a woman, and want to punch yourself in the face for 4 hours straight, nobody is going to try and stop you and "control" you. Its only when a baby is involved that they want to protect THAT life.

I've never seen any republican have any issue with a woman doing what they want with their body, except in the case of abortion, and the presence of another life.
But, this whole narrative of "repubs just want to control women" just isn't true.

The Supreme Court will likely uphold the Texas anti-choice law – or the similar measure in Mississippi – allowing the states to violate the right to privacy and compel women to give birth against their will.

In time the Court will likely invalidate state AWBs as well, which would be appropriate given such bans are an example of government excess and overreach.

Indeed, laws banning both abortion and assault weapons should be invalidated as un-Constitutional increases of government authority at the expense of individual liberty.

This also illustrates the hypocrisy of conservatives – if the states have the right to ban abortion, they should likewise have the right to ban assault weapons.

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.
So, put pressure on Manchin and sinema, end the filibuster, pack the courts, and then pass all the laws you guys want.

I don't understand it. The left has the power to do this, yet they are dragging their feet. I'm sure there is SOME way to get Manchin and sinema to vote your way.

You folks could have EVERYTHING you want, in a short amount of time. What is the hold up?

This Texas law is aimed at removing the First Amendment from the Constitution. No government at any level may remove an individual's right not only to exercise a constitutional right, but also to freely discuss a topic, associate freely with others, exercise religious liberty. The legal doctrine of standing is a backbone of our legal system. According to abbott and the Texas legislature, I can sit back and sue any damned Texan I want to while sitting back next to the Potomac. The legal doctrine of standing apparently does not exist anymore.
Insane-ism for today.

We're all different as atheists. Atheism isn't a religion but the title, 'atheists' cover all of us who don't believe in supernatural sky fairies.

lol the fact that you had to throw in a shot like 'sky fairies' shows you're terrified of them. They seem on the verge of taking away your right to mass human sacrifices your cult demands.

Forum List

Back