Justice Clarence Thomas: ‘Northern liberal elites’ worse than segregated South

R.D.

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2011
“The worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, [were] by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia,” he said, the Daily Mail reported.....

“My sadness is that we are probably today more race and difference-conscious that I was in the 1960s when I went to school,” he said, the Daily Mail reported. “To my knowledge, I was the first black kid in Savannah, Georgia, to go to a white school. Rarely did the issue of race come up.”
Justice Thomas said, to the crowd gathered for a chapel service at the nondenominational Christian school: “Now, name a day it doesn’t come up.”

Justice Clarence Thomas: 'Northern liberal elites' worse than segregated South - Washington Times

Got to be some pretty ugly northern hate filled liberal elites to beat the ugly hate filled southern liberal elites

UNREAL: Alabama Democrat Says He Doesn?t Like Justice Clarence Thomas Because ?He?s Married To A White Woman? ? Update: Walks Back Comment, Then Calls Him An ?Uncle Tom?? | Weasel Zippers

“The worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, [were] by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia,” he said, the Daily Mail reported.....

“My sadness is that we are probably today more race and difference-conscious that I was in the 1960s when I went to school,” he said, the Daily Mail reported. “To my knowledge, I was the first black kid in Savannah, Georgia, to go to a white school. Rarely did the issue of race come up.”
Justice Thomas said, to the crowd gathered for a chapel service at the nondenominational Christian school: “Now, name a day it doesn’t come up.”

Justice Clarence Thomas: 'Northern liberal elites' worse than segregated South - Washington Times

Got to be some pretty ugly northern hate filled liberal elites to beat the ugly hate filled southern liberal elites

UNREAL: Alabama Democrat Says He Doesn?t Like Justice Clarence Thomas Because ?He?s Married To A White Woman? ? Update: Walks Back Comment, Then Calls Him An ?Uncle Tom?? | Weasel Zippers

:popcorn: in 3.....2....1.....

Information idiot...not education.

He said it, what's it matter who reported it?

I was born and raised in Boston and lived there until I was 24 years old. I then moved to South Carolina and lived there for six years. I never heard even remotely close to the amount of bigoted and racist statements from people in the south than I did growing up in the north. The union guys in Boston were the worst of the lot too, a bunch of blue collar, beer guzzling, racists.

Thomas says:

"I was the first black kid in Savannah, Georgia, to go to a white school. Rarely did the issue of race come up.”

uh excuse me. Does anyone see the absurdity of those two sentences together?

Tsk tsk tsk, you cheated.

He said "to my knowledge...."

You doubt he was the only black in his school? You doubt people were civilized about it?

Says more about you than CT

This idea that one section of the nation is more racist than the other is highly absurd. I am really over this dividing partisan bullshit about who is more racist, Liberals or conservatives.
In my opinion this just shows that everyone is a bunch of whining brats who need to sit in a corner till they learn to act correctly.

Grow up already and stop supporting this type of messages from people in power.

Thomas says:

"I was the first black kid in Savannah, Georgia, to go to a white school. Rarely did the issue of race come up.”

You doubt he was the only black in his school? You doubt people were civilized about it?

You missed the point, but then again that's your specialty.

Thomas says:

You missed the point, but then again that's your specialty.

I asked didnt I? You clever libs are so good at deflection

I was born and raised in Boston and lived there until I was 24 years old. I then moved to South Carolina and lived there for six years. I never heard even remotely close to the amount of bigoted and racist statements from people in the south than I did growing up in the north. The union guys in Boston were the worst of the lot too, a bunch of blue collar, beer guzzling, racists.

The North had de facto segregation and discrimination, and the South had de jure and de facto segregation and discrimination. When I moved down here from the North, it was a much more relaxed racial attitude, it's definitely because of my location in the South (Va Beach) and it's proximity to various military bases.

When asked to provide examples of the sexual harassment by Clarence Thomas, the best Anita Hill could come up with was, "He said, there's a **** hair on this coke can". I don't believe he said that, but even if he did, it's not in the same ball park as a driving so drunk he drove off a bridge and killed Mary Jo Kopechne, who was pregnant at the time, that would be Ted Kennedy who was leading the attack against Clarence Thomas.

Democrats are so disgustingly dishonest, I can't stand any more of this. Taking another break to keep my head from totally exploding!

I can't speak for the Justice, because I did not have his experiences.

However, I did live in the south for than three decades, and there is reason for why northerners are generally impressed with the south.

Who can tell me why southerners are generally polite to one another, particularly in the smaller communities and villages?

I can't speak for the Justice, because I did not have his experiences.

However, I did live in the south for than three decades, and there is reason for why northerners are generally impressed with the south.

Who can tell me why southerners are generally polite to one another, particularly in the smaller communities and villages?

Except where they do lynchings. There? Not so polite.

Forum List

Back