Just got my shot #2

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
1. I neither urge anyone to get the vaccine nor do I urge anyone to stay unvaccinated.

2. Every human being is different. This is my experience.

3. After I got my first shot three weeks ago, I did not notice any side effects.

a. Of course, there may have been some serious side effects, of which I am not yet aware.

4. I got my second shot yesterday at 9:30 a.m., PST. It is now 10:30 a.m. the next day. I do feel a little more tired than usual. I do not know whether it is due to the vaccine.

5. I understand that any noticeable side effects will appear within three days and resolve themselves in one to three days.

6. I decided to finally get the vaccine because (a) I did not want to unwittingly infect others, (b) I did not want to end up hospitalized (although this can happen to even the vaccinated), and (c) I wanted my vaccine passport.

Best wishes to anyone who is still thinking about getting or rejecting the vaccine.

1. I neither urge anyone to get the vaccine nor do I urge anyone to stay unvaccinated.

2. Every human being is different. This is my experience.

3. After I got my first shot three weeks ago, I did not notice any side effects.

a. Of course, there may have been some serious side effects, of which I am not yet aware.

4. I got my second shot yesterday at 9:30 a.m., PST. It is now 10:30 a.m. the next day. I do feel a little more tired than usual. I do not know whether it is due to the vaccine.

5. I understand that any noticeable side effects will appear within three days and resolve themselves in one to three days.

6. I decided to finally get the vaccine because (a) I did not want to unwittingly infect others, (b) I did not want to end up hospitalized (although this can happen to even the vaccinated), and (c) I wanted my vaccine passport.

Best wishes to anyone who is still thinking about getting or rejecting the vaccine.
Vaccinated people can still get and spread the virus.

You may still unwittingly infect others.

Vaccinated people can still get and spread the virus.

You may still unwittingly infect others.
Yes.

That is why I wear a mask even outside.

When I see an approaching pedestrian (masked or unmasked), I try to step to the side to give him/her plenty of passing space and turn my head away from him/her.

I neither want to give nor contract this terrible disease.

I did get both of the Moderna spikes, but I won't get a booster.
After the second spike I was diagnosed with AKI.
I know that isn't the norm, but it is what it is.
Everyone needs to do what's best for them
If the booster accounts for the mutations of Delta and Lambda it would be wise to get it. The current vaccines were synthesized to work against Covid-19. Full stop. It is not as effective against mutations - obviously - that were born after they finished working on the vaccines.

If the booster accounts for the mutations of Delta and Lambda it would be wise to get it. The current vaccines were synthesized to work against Covid-19. Full stop. It is not as effective against mutations - obviously - that were born after they finished working on the vaccines.
If I get the booster, more than likely, I'm going to go on dialysis, yes, I'm that close.
The cure is worse than the disease in this case.

I got my second Pfizer shot at the end of July. I refuse to get a third. I see no valid reason for it, especially when the vast majority of the world is pleading just to get a first.

If I get the booster, more than likely, I'm going to go on dialysis, yes, I'm that close.
The cure is worse than the disease in this case.
Oh, if you have legit medical reasons, from your doctors, not to get it, by all means do not get it. :laugh:

It's not once size fits all. Some people just can't get the vaccine. Those people need to be extra careful. Which makes your comment about refusing to wear a mask sound ignorant.

Fuck, you're an idiot, take one line out of context and change the entire post.
But, if that's how you have to twist the truth, it's what you do.
No, it's in context. It's the Republican world view: look out for #1 and the hell with anyone else. This pandemic keeps confirming it. No wonder you all love Trump. He's the epitome of "fuck you, I got mine".

Oh, if you have legit medical reasons, from your doctors, not to get it, by all means do not get it. :laugh:

It's not once size fits all. Some people just can't get the vaccine. Those people need to be extra careful. Which makes your comment about refusing to wear a mask sound ignorant.
There you go....making up shit by twisting what's been posted. I HAVE BEEN SPIKED TWICE.
You are the one showing your ignorance

No, it's in context. It's the Republican world view: look out for #1 and the hell with anyone else. This pandemic keeps confirming it. No wonder you all love Trump. He's the epitome of "fuck you, I got mine".
Stop your lying, YOU did twist what I posted to make your point.
You wear yours and I will not wear mine. My body, my choice....just like abortion.

If the booster accounts for the mutations of Delta and Lambda it would be wise to get it.
All of the vaccines "account" for the variants. The variants have the same spike proteins that the vaccines show your immune system. The problem with the Delta variant is that it is so virulent. So much of it enters your system and it replicates so quickly that it can outpace your immune system. So getting a booster should make your immune response more robust.

6. I decided to finally get the vaccine because (a) I did not want to unwittingly infect others,
Shame. You're just as likely to infect others now as before.

(b) I did not want to end up hospitalized (although this can happen to even the vaccinated),
You are much less likely to get seriously ill and need hospitalization.

and (c) I wanted my vaccine passport
That and still wearing the mask will get you into a bar now.

Yes.

That is why I wear a mask even outside.

When I see an approaching pedestrian (masked or unmasked), I try to step to the side to give him/her plenty of passing space and turn my head away from him/her.

I neither want to give nor contract this terrible disease.

I have no problem wearing one indoors when required, but I don't see any need to wear one outside. I'd never judge anyone who chooses to do so, but when I see it, I want to ask the person if he or she knows there's no legal requirement for outdoor masking.

Forum List

Back