Just broke, Manchin says he will NOT vote for Build Back Better

Believe me, you’re not on welfare. That‘s just something that libs say because they resent people who worked hard, made prudent decisions, developed a valuable skill, made sacrifices to advance in their career. They refuse to give successful people any credit for how they ended up because it implies that unsuccessful people might be responsible for their own lack of success.

That said, it is adding insult to injury when libs say the affluent are on welfare. Do you remember the “success tax” of the 80’s? It impacted responsible people who maxed out their 401k and IRA contributions instead of spending every last cent, and then found themselves with such a nice nest egg that the MRD was more than $150,000.

Thus, in addition to paying a marginal tax rate of 50% on withdrawals, the hard-working, talented, dedicated, responsible people had to pay an ADDITIONAL 15%! And libs have the nerve to say successful, affluent people, who saved for retirement and invested wisely, are on welfare.
Demofks hate skilled people!

We need more Democrats like Joe Manchin.

We also need less batshit crazy loon nutter conspiracy-loving cultists that most of the Republican base has become.
We also need less far-left loons who would vote out the likes of AOC and Omar. The entire Squad is shameful.

5yil38.gif

5yv2pa.jpg

I don't think he cares what "his" constituents wants. He voted for pretty much all other Democrat's bullshit, so he'll give his vote if they meet his price. Maybe he's asking "10% for the big guy".
Exactly. As soon as they grease his palms, he will change his mind and vote yes.

Manchin is sticking firm to having the extra money go to low-moderate earners rather than a big tax write-off for couples earning $200,000.

And it makes sense. If the Democrats keep claiming that the enhanced child support lifts so many children out of poverty, then what’s the point of redistributing money from the childless segment of the country to affluent families? Those children are nowhere near poverty, even if you subtracted 2/3rds of their income!

Last edited:
Maybe he will switch parties

Maybe, but so far he has kinda thrown water on that possibility. He did say he might leave the democrats and become an independent, but he would still caucus with the democrats and so their majority (such as it is) would remain. By now we know that a democrat senator from New Mexico I think, has suffered a stroke; he's expected to make a full recovery but it's unknown when he might be back, and until then the dems don't have 50 votes. But at the moment they do have a majority cuz there are a couple of GOP senators out with COVID but they're expected back next week or so.

Back to Manchin, his state (WVA) is a solid red state and he could switch if he wanted to, but I believe he is pretty much has a democrat point of view. So, I'm not expecting him to switch parties, but the way the dems are going by moving so far to the Left has in recent years cost them many moderate members and eventually maybe he'll be one of them.

Forum List

Back