Just because...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
Who here has slept in the back of a pickup after a night with friends? Or just slept under the stars, either wrapped in someone's arms or in a heap with a bunch of friends?

Just for shits and giggles and nostalgia, retail us of your youth and the time spent with friends/lovers out of doors, under the canopy of stars.

I'm a hillbilly- I've slept everywhere. Made my kids too, lol!

On a family camping trip, my sis and bil were in the bed of their truck. My brother slept in the bed of his little truck with the tailgate down and his head on the tailgate.

And a big ole black bear was wandering the campgrounds. We could hear the gradually closer noises of panicked people, the beating of pots and pans, air horns and enough bad language to sink a ship.

I elbowed James and said that there bear is comin our way. Get out there and take care of things.

No response.

More elbow and more admonishments and ... he's shaking! WTF? James ain't scared of nuttin!

My brother sits up because he IS scared of lots of stuff and the bear has snorted about on his forehead and screams BEAR IN THE CAMP! JAMES! BIGFUCKINBEARINTHECAMP!!!!!

James is still shakin, with his back to me. I finally figure out he's laughing himself silly. Wtf?

So he goes out there in cut off sweats, bearing a toyota tire tool that's about 2 inches long and 3 ounces of lethal metal of some sort. He beats it on something and the bear about runs over our sons in the small tent a few feet away. He runs over to my sis and bil who are peeking over the edge of their truck and I yell put yer fool heads down or it'll get 'et maybe! So they do and the bear ran off to the next terrified campsite, which were some vietnamese that had 14,000 pounds of stuff packed and ready to go in 5 minutes.

Not really a truck bed story, but there were 3 truck beds there that night. ;)

Just for shits and giggles and nostalgia, retail us of your youth
Retail or regale?

and the time spent with friends/lovers out of doors, under the canopy of stars.
One gets to spends a lot of time out under the stars with a telescope and friends!

wetherell-greatwetherellrefractor4 copy.jpg

I've slept strapped in to the back of a fire truck heading back from three days fighting forest fires.

As to sleeping in a heap with friends, yes. The latex midgets insist on that when we get together for our Friday Soires.

Up in the Rockies there used to be a car race, up a winding, washboard mountain road we called 4 mile, the day before the Pike Peak's Race. A few guys would roast a pig and we'd all put mattresses and sleeping bags in the back of our pickups and spend the night before the race, partying on 4 mile right above the switchbacks, because that's where most of the cars would lose control and fly off the road.
Fun times...

Forum List

Back