Just ADMIT it, *MUSLIMS* are the problem...

"Sweeping generalizations" are bad?

I disagree.

First, I doubt libbies care about all "sweeping generalizations": Make a sweeping generalization about Christians, whites, Southerners or the rich, and I doubt Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton kick up a fuss.

It's the un-PC ones they don't like: blacks are lazy, Jews are greedy and Muslims are terrorists.

But there's a lot of truth in all these generalizations. Wise policy accounts for generalizations in ways that are fair but not cruel. Example: we stop searching Swedish grandmothers and concentrate terror search efforts on Arabs. If you're a "peaceful" Arab and don't like that, well, TALK TO YOUR FELLOW ARABS ABOUT IT.

And that is the crux of the situation W.J.. But just imagine if the top muslim leaders called for ALL jihad to cease. I'd see one of two things happening, one, they'd be asassinated, and two, the jihadists would think it a joke. So that leaves us fighting terrorists, for a long time to come, and there's only ONE outcome, KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL US.

Liberal apologists like bull pulpit would rather HELP the jihadists than HELP their country.

Pale Rider posts:

Liberal apologists like bull pulpit would rather HELP the jihadists than HELP their country.

Sad, but very true.

This WAR would be all but over, IF we were a united people, not a divided people, as bullshit would like us to be.

I swear, the surrender monkeys keep saying they abhor the death, and destruction, but their very behavior promotes it, go figure.

A little introspection would go a l-o-n-g way.:kiss2:

Since you agree it's not a moral issue, why are you acting like a douchebag?

The ONLY way to deal with terrorists is to capture or kill them

You are still acting like an asshole

It will not be long for you are off on another vacation

I think profiling is a sensible idea.

That said...

So why can’t I take my toothpaste on the plane? How is it that Gatorade is forbidden?

I can't stand belly-aching bitchfests like this.

An Islam practiced by tens of millions of people around the world and which repeatedly and consistently puts armies and cells of terrorists in action around the world. No doubt there are peace-loving Muslims, it’s just that they have an amazing capacity for keeping a low profile – or demanding that people respect their religion.

This is a bunch of bullshit. If it were true many of us would be dead right now, wouldn't we.

Why is it that the protection of our airline industry is focused on products, not people? Why is it that we go to such extreme lengths to screen materials, but purposely avoid screening the people who carry them?

This contradicts itself. If you're checking everyones toothpaste then you're obviously checking the toothpaste carried by young male muslims too. Also, how does he know they don't screen certian groups of people to begin with? Does he know what "screening" means?

Maybe if the government spent less time looking at your carry-on bag and more time looking at young male Muslim passengers we’d all be a lot safer and a lot less inconvenienced.

When was the last time a terrorist act was succesfully commited that involed a commercial airplane?

This whole thing is just a bunch of crying about how the man that the world revolves around has to be inconvenienced whenever he flys. That and its a nice outlet to express his bigotry which plays into the hands of terrorists.

*edited to fix quotes*

I think profiling is a sensible idea.

That said...

I can't stand belly-aching bitchfests like this.

This is a bunch of bullshit. If it were true many of us would be dead right now, wouldn't we.

This contradicts itself. If you're checking everyones toothpaste then you're obviously checking the toothpaste carried by young male muslims too. Also, how does he know they don't screen certian groups of people to begin with? Does he know what "screening" means?

When was the last time a terrorist act was succesfully commited that involed a commercial airplane?

This whole thing is just a bunch of crying about how the man that the world revolves around has to be inconvenienced whenever he flys. That and its a nice outlet to express his bigotry which plays into the hands of terrorists.

*edited to fix quotes*

You are the example of the "idiot apologist" congratulations. A Marxist/Leninists/Western hating jackass.

Hopefully you're the only idiot next blown to smithereens by an Islamic Jihadist. Bigotry eh? Who's the one commiting terrorism? You're pathetic, sad, dangerous.

If you actually took the time to look at Christianity, Islam and Judaism, you would find them to have the same roots. It is simply ignorant and arrogant to hold these religions as being somehow opposed to one another...On closer examination you might find that they actually complement one another. ......

I think you should read more about Islam before you make more incorrect statements like this. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. The Jewish Torah is taken word for word, and there is complete consistency throughout the numerous books of the Bible.

Islam is a re-write of Judaism from Abraham on. It claims Jesus was the greatest prophet, then goes on to repudiate His teachings. Mohamed was a false prophet; a fact that is easily proven simply by pointing out the many inconsistencies within the Koran.

It's amazing that the same people who cry and scream when their gun rights are threatened are the ones behind this massive surrendering of passengers rights. If you can't read between the lines I am referring to Bush and his Republican cronies.

To prove I am "fair and balanced" I am also 100% in favor of both positive and negative profiling and Dems and GOP share the blame for the fact that it's not happening. It's a real shame. America leads and other stupid countries are following the same childish guidlines. TSA are the scum of the earth. They are only a few centimeters above the terrorists, except sad to say the terrorists are smarter.

I'm not sure where surrendering a right guaranteed by the US Constitution and "passenger rights" are comparable. Flying is a privilege, not a right. If one wants to be a passenger on an airliner, then one must agree to abide the rules of the carrier, and any Federal laws pertaining.

Or you can drive, walk, ride a camel, etc

I'm not sure where surrendering a right guaranteed by the US Constitution and "passenger rights" are comparable. Flying is a privilege, not a right. If one wants to be a passenger on an airliner, then one must agree to abide the rules of the carrier, and any Federal laws pertaining.

Or you can drive, walk, ride a camel, etc

Ever hear the one about "unreasonable search and seizure"? That's what's happening at our airports everyday and that is a violation of our constitutional rights. We don't surrender our rights just because we are getting ready to fly rather than take a train or a bus.

I say they are unreasonable, because random searches ARE unreasonable and idiotic seizures like little mouthwash containers may not be a big deal but it's still an unreasonable seizure.

I can't drive a camel to work. I unfortunately need to fly 100+ times a year to do my job, or find another job. I happen to know for a fact that TSA is doing a really shitty and by definition RANDOM job because I have observed them many times.

I want to get a security clearance so that I don't have to be abused every time I go to an airport.

There should be both positive and negative profiling.

I see no reason why someone like me who is not a Muslim and who has flown thousands of times without incident should be harrassed by illiterates.

Anybody who thinks random searches are OK are surrendering their dignity and that of the rest of the law abiding air passengers.

If you think you can make a good case for random searches I'd like to hear it .

Ever hear the one about "unreasonable search and seizure"? That's what's happening at our airports everyday and that is a violation of our constitutional rights. We don't surrender our rights just because we are getting ready to fly rather than take a train or a bus.

I disagree. One consents to the rules of flying and is subject to whatever those rules entail. In this specific case, I would rather you have to buy a new lighter when the plane lands than have an explosive smuggled aboard to keep from inconveniencing and/or offending you.

I say they are unreasonable, because random searches ARE unreasonable and idiotic seizures like little mouthwash containers may not be a big deal but it's still an unreasonable seizure.

What I am getting here is that you consider only what you deem reasonable as "reasonable." You can get a LOT of sarin in a mouthwash container.

I can't drive a camel to work. I unfortunately need to fly 100+ times a year to do my job, or find another job. I happen to know for a fact that TSA is doing a really shitty and by definition RANDOM job because I have observed them many times.

I'm not going to argue the professionalism of the TSA. It is a government agency, and I'm quite sure functions as "efficiently" as they all do.

I want to get a security clearance so that I don't have to be abused every time I go to an airport.

If it would solve your problem, I suggest you do.

There should be both positive and negative profiling.

To a point, I agree.

I see no reason why someone like me who is not a Muslim and who has flown thousands of times without incident should be harrassed by illiterates.

How do they KNOW you aren't a Muslim? Got a sign?

Anybody who thinks random searches are OK are surrendering their dignity and that of the rest of the law abiding air passengers.

If you think you can make a good case for random searches I'd like to hear it .

I made my case. Again, flying is a privilege. If you wish to avail yourself of that privilege, or any other, you are subject to the rules that go with it. That's just how it is.

As far as random searches go, I see no problem with them, and don't considering it surrendering my dignity nor any rights. Further, knowing you have been to or may still go to foreign countries, I don't see how you can possibly take issue with the band-aid approach to security we have here.

If you can't ride a camel, and can't reconcile yourself with the current rules, I'd say you have a problem you need to resolve one way or the other.

However, belittling people who aren't as touchy about being searched because they can see the common sense behind the measure, and claiming unreasonable search and seizure applies to something that is a privilege when the law states otherwise is rather unbecomming of your usual nonchalant character.

However, belittling people who aren't as touchy about being searched because they can see the common sense behind the measure, and claiming unreasonable search and seizure applies to something that is a privilege when the law states otherwise is rather unbecomming of your usual nonchalant character.

Maybe because it is an issue I deal with on a weekly basis and I see how poorly they operate. I have literally seen 75 year old nuns, farmers with John Deere hats, Red Wing boots and bib overalls, and young couples with children searched for no sane reason. Anybody with the slightest common sense could see that the nun and farmer were not potential terrorists. I have also seen women in burkhas pass through without a second look. I would actually rather have them searched because at least there is a slight possibility they might be terrorists, whereas with the nun it was just harassment.

You suggested I should get a security clearance. That's my point. There is no way to do this. There should be a frequent traveller security clearance which we can get if we have travelled without incident.

As far as "how do they know I'm not a Muslim"? Blonde hair, blue eyes. Maybe not all Muslims look alike, but most of them have Arabic, Mediterranean or Indonesian features. Very few have northern European features.

Hey the terrorists are Muslims. Why hassle the rest of us?

Good debate guy's.

I think when all is said and done, I'd have to come down on the side of GunndyL.

Here's why: First, flying ISN'T a right, just like driving, playing golf, taking football in school, going to Disneyland, on, and on.

Second, Security is what it is, either deal with it, or make alternate plans.

Third, Nuc, you'll never get the "common sense" card to play, not when your talking about ANY government, sorry.

I DO feel for your plight though, I was hoping, that the airport security people would be of a much higher caliber than what we've ended up with.

Maybe its a work in progress, one can hope.;)

Here's the latest installment in the "Nuc observes the TSA" soap opera.

I was going through security wearing a t-shirt with an unbuttoned long sleeve shirt on top. They told me to take off my "jacket". So I buttoned up the shirt and said, "Now it's a shirt, do we have to take off our shirts as well?" They said, "Now it's OK".

Someone dare to say this is not retarded.

What this kind of stuff has to do with the "War on Terrorism" is way beyond my reasoning abilities.

I was going through security wearing a t-shirt with an unbuttoned long sleeve shirt on top. They told me to take off my "jacket". So I buttoned up the shirt and said, "Now it's a shirt, do we have to take off our shirts as well?" They said, "Now it's OK".

What this kind of stuff has to do with the "War on Terrorism" is way beyond my reasoning abilities.

If I told you it was a place to start, what would you say?

All endeavors have a starting point, we are, after all, new at this. Not making excuses here, if I were a regular flyer, I'd be gritting my teeth as well.

Quite frankly, I'd rather be spending some of that aid sent "overseas" on airport security, port security, and boarder security, but thats just me.:scratch:

But, to YOUR point, yes, it is RETARDED, and counter productive, in that it pisses off citizens, and really doesn't add to security. In fact, in leans an air security, that really doesn't exist.

There are BETTER ways, we know what they are, but for some odd reason, they have yet to be put into play.

Take an aspirin, go to bed, tomorrows bound to be.................different.:wine:

I hate to say it, but it will probably take another disaster before they start to focus their security measures a little (or a lot) better. I don't mind the idea of security, just make it more targeted and people will respect the situation a lot more.

Thanks for your sympathy, t. :salute:

I keep telling people about 'where you be going'. :laugh:

Remember, you posted that, somewhere?

Forum List

Back