Just a question about choices for staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't mods be unbiased? If they are "in charge" of this board being "where your voices count", shouldn't those who moderate be exempt from expressing their voices except in moderation decisions?

Asking for a friend.

Good luck finding people without opinions and viewpoints. A good moderator only needs to keep his personal views separate from enforcing board rules and regulations and apply them fairly and equally.

Shouldn't mods be unbiased? If they are "in charge" of this board being "where your voices count", shouldn't those who moderate be exempt from expressing their voices except in moderation decisions?

Asking for a friend.

Hmm :eusa_think: Worthy though Gracie.

How 'bout this: Mods could have sock names, used only for participating in threads, while moderating under a mod name.
That way ---- no would know who the mods are. :50:
so you want to censor them,,,

"Censor" who?

Might want to actually read the post you quote before inserting hoof in mouth.
Classic regurgitated and respewed left babble.

Asking for a friend.

How 'bout this: Mods could have sock names, used only for participating in threads, while moderating under a mod name.
Actually, thats a pretty good idea. But what makes you think they don't already do that, but forget to log out of one and in to the other? ;)

Chill out people. Its just a question. I don't have a prob with the mods. Just wondering...and...er...asking for a friend. lol

Asking for a friend.

Actually, thats a pretty good idea. But what makes you think they don't already do that, but forget to log out of one and in to the other? ;)

Chill out people. Its just a question. I don't have a prob with the mods. Just wondering...and...er...asking for a friend. lol
thats a stupid idea,, it will result in a mod harassing someone under one name and then banning you under another,,,

better to always know who your talking too,,,

If the mods were to moderate each other to keep bias in check, this place would improve drastically.

There is something of an old boy network in action here, though, in that no matter how utterly biased and corrupt a mod acts, the rest of the mods just look the other way.

It has been that way since first joined, anyway.

They moderate each other in their super secret hidey hole forum. They discuss stuff before doing something more than just moving a thread. So yeah...mods moderate mods but its more like "round table" discussions. At least, that was what I was told long ago by a mod no longer here. And when I had a message board, I did the same thing with my moderators. Comes with the territory.

And it may be a stupid Idead (my op), but its also a stupid idea to not let an employee date another employee. A boss dating an employee..well..that another whole kettle of fish. Pun not intended.

And...this thread was just me...er....my friend (lol) wondering stuff that means diddly squat.

Asking for a friend.

I'd like to point out here that I'm not the friend she's asking for. :eusa_shifty:

If the mods were to moderate each other to keep bias in check, this place would improve drastically.

There is something of an old boy network in action here, though, in that no matter how utterly biased and corrupt a mod acts, the rest of the mods just look the other way.

It's kinda like the police, isn't it.

Asking for a friend.

I have no problem with the mod having or expressing opinions, as long as they keep them out of their moderating decisions.

Okay. I've had disagreements with certain mods... but to their credit, they are willing to spend their own time here looking at thousands of posts to make sure everyone is playing by the rules...

Asking for a friend.
This is why I would make a poor mod. Although I can be very fair in all cases, everyone would hate me. Wait, am I a mod?

Although I can be very fair in all cases, everyone would hate me.

The mods do already.
Man, I’m glad you lost your mod privileges. You are a total bum sniffer and asshole, which the others woke up to finally.

AS a mod, I still participate in discussions. I try to be a little more even tempered and not call people idiots. Even if they have shown themselves to be idiots.

But my actions as a mod are not based on my opinions, beliefs or political views. They are based on the rules of this forum.

AS a mod, I still participate in discussions. I try to be a little more even tempered and not call people idiots. Even if they have shown themselves to be idiots.

But my actions as a mod are not based on my opinions, beliefs or political views. They are based on the rules of this forum.

I did not know until now that you had achieved Moddom, Winter. I literally cannot think of a better choice.

Like that word, "moddom"? It's a palindrome.

Asking for a friend.

No, they have a voice also ...

Coyote swing left...

Taz swing so many ways...

Flac is a Libertarian...

Meister swing right...

and yet they are usually fair and balance...

I did not know until now that you had achieved Moddom, Winter. I literally cannot think of a better choice.

Like that word, "moddom"? It's a palindrome.

Thanks!!

Asking for a friend.

No, they have a voice also ...

Coyote swing left...

Taz swing so many ways...

Flac is a Libertarian...

Meister swing right...

and yet they are usually fair and balance...
We be swingers!

Asking for a friend.
I don't care if unbiased or not. Just treat users the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back