CDZ Jury Duty?

lg325

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2020
Florida's Past
Serving on jury duty is something I strongly belive in doing .Most citizens I have met do what ever they can to get out of it.Its how we citizens can have an impact along with. Voting. Do you go on jury duty when summoned? One thing that was dissapointing for me was when entering the jury room its just me and a large room of other white people.

It's a civic duty.

However, you can spend weeks just in the process of elimination in a big city.
Then you can be required to report every day for weeks if not months.

If you are self employed this could mean bankruptcy
If you work in a labor intensive job this can be a God send.

It's a civic duty. However, you can spend weeks just in the process of elimination in a big city. Then you can be required to report every day for weeks if not months. If you are self employed this could mean bankruptcy. If you work in a labor intensive job this can be a God send.
In Baltimore it's one day or one trial. If you don't get picked, you're out of there at the end of the day. Been four times and never got picked, though I did have to return one morning for about an hour because they hadn't finished picking by the time court was adjourned for the day.

I just got my notice. I get one every year. I show intense bias. The police are never wrong. All plaintiffs are money grubbers looking for a payoff. I can tell if someone is guilty just by looking at them. I gotten out of being on a jury every time. I only have to waste the one day.

I just got my notice. I get one every year. I show intense bias. The police are never wrong. All plaintiffs are money grubbers looking for a payoff. I can tell if someone is guilty just by looking at them. I gotten out of being on a jury every time. I only have to waste the one day.

you constitutional loving patriotic American you……...

I have read the Constitution from beginning to end several times. I excelled in my Constitutional law class. I have never seen my name anywhere.

I never understood why we need to yank 12 random people out of their lives to serve on a jury anyway.

Why can't a judge decide if the evidence merits a guilty or not guilty verdict ?

Or maybe we should institute a professional juror system.

People with some knowledge of the law, the rights of the accused and the victims and at least some basic understanding of forensic science instead of a bunch of people who don't know anything about those things

I have read the Constitution from beginning to end several times. I excelled in my Constitutional law class. I have never seen my name anywhere.

seems you never will.

Neithet

seems you never will.
Neither will anyone else.

Neithet

seems you never will.
Neither will anyone else.

residing in the basket?

yep - you are correct.

I personally hate jury duty for a number of reasons
Pay for a day of jury Duty is a lot less that what I make at work
The treatment of the Jurors is despicable, worse than the defendants
they treat you like you are a heard of cattle, no respect for the jurors. This is in Fort Lauderdale Broward County Criminal Court
And if you really want to get out of it ask about "Jury Nullification"

Last edited:
I found that to be true even when I was the one picking a jury. That's what jury consultants do. They weed out anyone able to make sound decisions.

I have been on two juries, one in Oakland and one in San Jose. Both trials lasted a week including deliberation.

The first case involved robbery, and we found the two defendants guilty. The second case was about grand theft, which we acquitted the defendant.

A few oddities:
In the first case, one of the defendants had only one leg. We found out after the case the defendant had lost the leg in a previous officer shooting not related to this case (it was not revealed as to not influence the decision on this case). So jokingly we could say the dude didn't have a leg to stand on. (rimshot)

On the second case, one of our jurors was deaf, so we had a deaf-language interpreter during the trial and deliberation. In the initial vote, we were split whether to convict or acquit. The deaf man was on the side of conviction and was one of the last to convince to acquit. We had enough reasonable doubt.

Both trials the jurors were eager to wrap it up on Friday and not have to come back the following week. In the Oakland trial, one the day we were deliberating, they took us out to a nice little Cajun restaurant.

I was also in a jury pool in Fremont, but the lawyers settled before they started interviewing prospective jurors.

I was also recruited to be a potential grand juror in San Jose. That would have been an eighteen month commitment where we would meet on Thursdays (excluding holidays). They selected all of the jurors and alternates before they interviewed me, so I was off the hook.

I personally hate jury duty for a number of reasons
Pay for a day of jury Duty is a lot less that what I make at work
The treatment of the Jurors is despicable, worse than the defendants
they treat you like you are a heard of cattle, no respect for the jurors. This is in Fort Lauderdale Broward County Criminal Court
And if you really want to get out of it ask about "Jury Nullification"

BTDT
Broward is EXACTLY as you describe

I served perhaps 6-7 times on juries, both in civil and criminal cases, and several times the experience left a great impression on me. All were interesting cases — and I remember them far more clearly than I remember the proceedings when I myself was arraigned before non-jury judges as a result of anti-war protest activities...

I was willing to serve even when I only received $12 a day, but of course much happier when, as a blue collar worker for an inter-government agency, I received almost full pay.

Let us not forget that this is an important civic duty!

Private: Jury Duty is Constitution Duty
IMPORTANCE OF JURY DUTY...
WHY JURY DUTY MATTERS...

“Every year approximately 30 million American citizens get an invitation to constitutional action in the form of a jury summons. Most dread this core constitutional obligation. Forgotten is the jury’s connection to American history from the Declaration of Independence to the Civil Rights Movement. Ignored are the meaningful, foundational lessons of citizen-jurors over two centuries....”

Everyone has a right to trial by jury. No one has a right to have me as a juror. I have searched high and low. My name appears nowhere.

I have gotten out of jury duty every year for the past 35 years. I have various themes. The police are always right. Plaintiffs are always after the money. I don't care what the evidence shows, I only listen to my spirit guide. I can tell who is telling the truth just by looking at them. The defendant looks just like the guy who carjacked me. Are you sure he didn't change his name? Mexicans do that. Neither the attorneys nor the judges have any respect for juries.

Forum List

Back