June 8, 1967, Jews Committed an Act of War Against the USA, But USA Did Nothing But Give Them More Money

In the 80/ 90s Kluxer types and The Spotlight Readers and JBS members brought up the USSLiberty incident , nowits Far Left & Left bringing it up
( We can judge the Anti Semites of the day by who is dredging up
The USS Liberty .
The attack on the USS Liberty was thoroughly investigated by the Israeli and the USS governments. It was found to be friendly fire. The Israelis had no motive to attack the only country that was helping them defend themselves against an Arab effort to destroy Israel and to kill all the Jews there.

The attack on the USS Liberty was thoroughly investigated by the Israeli and the USS governments It was found to be friendly fire. The Israelis had no motive to attack the only country that was helping them defend themselves against an Arab effort to destroy Israel and to kill all the Jews there.
The Liberty took up a position that was previously occupied by an Egyptian Ship that was same overall Profile and roughly same tonnage .

Can we agree that LBJ didn't have a freaking clue? He sent a unarmed U.S. Intelligence ship into a war zone without alerting our alleged allies at the time and the ship was attacked. A year later another U.S. intelligence ship, (USS Pueblo) surrendered to North Korean forces and is still used as a trophy.

Not quite correct. The Liberty was armed with four machine gun mounts. At one point during the Israeli attack, one of these mounts let loose with a sustained burst of fire at the approaching torpedo boats.

Not quite correct. The Liberty was armed with four machine gun mounts. At one point during the Israeli attack, one of these mounts let loose with a sustained burst of fire at the approaching torpedo boats.
I thought the Liberty was hit by strafing from Machine Cannon and rockets from 2 Israeli Mirage Fighters making 2 or 3 passes each ? ( did not know she was torpedoed )

I thought the Liberty was hit by strafing from Machine Cannon and rockets from 2 Israeli Mirage Fighters making 2 or 3 passes each ? ( did not know she was torpedoed )
She was initially strafed and hit by napalm.

The approaching Israeli torpedo boats launched several torpedoes. One hit and killed 25 Americans.

Though the captain of the Liberty had ordered his crew NOT to offer resistance his orders did not reach one of the machine gun mounts and the sailor manning it fired a long sustained stream of fire at the approaching torpedo boats just before they launched on the Liberty.

She was initially strafed and hit by napalm.

The approaching Israeli torpedo boats launched several torpedoes. One hit and killed 25 Americans.

Though the captain of the Liberty had ordered his crew NOT to offer resistance his orders did not reach one of the machine gun mounts and the sailor manning it fired a long sustained stream of fire at the approaching torpedo boats just before they launched on the Liberty.
I hate to do this but could you post pics ( not Links just pics )

The Torpedo hole / Damage and the actual israeli Torpedo Boats in question ( as I have only known of an aerial Attack
USSLiberty.jpg

Which side's torpedo boats? Why would a lone intelligence ship have permission to engage in a combat zone that the U.S. had no legitimate right to be in? What did they think would happen? Maybe LBJ was trigger happy after so many victories in Vietnam.

The Liberty was in international waters. And you really think President Johnson had anything directly to do with where the Liberty was sent?

The Liberty was in international waters. And you really think President Johnson had anything directly to do with where the Liberty was sent?

War zones don't have borders. Whitehall thinks everything is micro-managed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a handful of Masterminds.

War zones don't have borders. Whitehall thinks everything is micro-managed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by a handful of Masterminds.
The more I think about it ( The IDF had 2-5 Nukes at that time , and LBJ wanted the Liberty to intercept any potential chatter about the Israelis going there and was willing to sacrifice the Liberty to get the Jump on it ?

The more I think about it ( The IDF had 2-5 Nukes at that time , and LBJ wanted the Liberty to intercept any potential chatter about the Israelis going there and was willing to sacrifice the Liberty to get the Jump on it ?

I don't think the Liberty was 'sacrificed', it was just a bad decision, and they didn't coordinate with the Israelis like they should have. They probably didn't know about the other tanker that looked similar to the Liberty being tracked to Egypt, just fog of war stuff.

But yes, the nuke thing would have been a valid concern at the time; we were brand new allies in 1967, and yet to have developed a working relationship in 1967. Most of our best intelligence assets were directed at the Soviet borders and SE Asia as well, not the Med region. Terrorism was just starting to be a thing then, so we had nothing watching on Palis, Libyans, and the like. More like inexperience was the culprit. We didn't even have a professional intelligence agency until WW II. We relied on corporations and a small cell of rich kids in the State Dept. before then. The FBI wasn't a big presence overseas.

Forum List

Back