Judge throws out evidence based upon a stop of an officer not liking how one looked.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
There is no evidence that the officer saw the man doing anything illegal. He simply did not like how he looked. Now one may argue he was correct that this man had illegal substance on him but the problem is, how many people are pulled over that are simply minding their own business? Of course if we simply allowed the police to pull everyone over that will on occasion find someone breaking the law but we have laws that addresses that also and the cops must abide by them.

Judge throws out evidence from traffic stop by Maine trooper accused of racial profiling

There is no evidence that the officer saw the man doing anything illegal. He simply did not like how he looked. Now one may argue he was correct that this man had illegal substance on him but the problem is, how many people are pulled over that are simply minding their own business? Of course if we simply allowed the police to pull everyone over that will on occasion find someone breaking the law but we have laws that addresses that also and the cops must abide by them.

Judge throws out evidence from traffic stop by Maine trooper accused of racial profiling

Good on the judge.

There is a thing called Routine Traffic Stop that a cop can pull you over to verify your license...tough shit

In fact I think law enforcement should be geared where everyone is stopped routinely once a month

There is a thing called Routine Traffic Stop that a cop can pull you over to verify your license...tough shit

In fact I think law enforcement should be geared where everyone is stopped routinely once a month

There is no such thing. That you are not a fan of our Constitutionally protected rights does not surprise me though.

Cops can’t stop you just to verify your license
They need a reason for pulling you over

There is no such thing. That you are not a fan of our Constitutionally protected rights does not surprise me though.
Yes there is stupid. Ask a state trooper about that.....lololol

I believe in sobriety checks all over the place on Fridays and Saturdays

I follow very strict rules in life and expect everyone to do the same

If a cop stops a car of white college kids coming out of an apartment complex in the hood and busts them for drugs ...
That case isn't going to get thrown out of court.

Yes there is stupid. Ask a state trooper about that.....lololol

I believe in sobriety checks all over the place on Fridays and Saturdays

I follow very strict rules in life and expect everyone to do the same

Sobriety checks are not random and they do not single people out. It does not allow a cop to randomly pull you over to check your license. But then again, I don't really expect you to grasp the difference.

If a cop stops a car of white college kids coming out of an apartment complex in the hood and busts them for drugs ...
That case isn't going to get thrown out of court.

If it was a known drug house that was being watched there would be "probable cause". Not liking how someone looks is not.

If it was a known drug house that was being watched there would be "probable cause". Not liking how someone looks is not.

If it is a known drug house, what the fuck are the cops doing busting the white college kids on petty drug charges
instead busting down the door to the known drug house?

Sobriety checks are not random and they do not single people out. It does not allow a cop to randomly pull you over to check your license. But then again, I don't really expect you to grasp the difference.
God are you dumb. i said I wish we had sobriety points all over the place...ok

A cop can do anything he wants.................Only those who worry about this nonsense have to worry about it

Every black person in this country says they were profiled...lolol........It is what the weak do

If it is a known drug house, what the fuck are the cops doing busting the white college kids on petty drug charges
instead busting down the door to the known drug house?

Ask them. Maybe gathering evidence.

Forum List

Back