Judge throws out evidence based upon a stop of an officer not liking how one looked.

Ask them. Maybe gathering evidence.

It's a lot safer, waiting for the kids to come to them than to go and take care of the dealers ... :thup:
More revenue that way as well ... Less overhead costs and the kid's parents can pay the fines.

wash and repeat

There is no evidence that the officer saw the man doing anything illegal. He simply did not like how he looked. Now one may argue he was correct that this man had illegal substance on him but the problem is, how many people are pulled over that are simply minding their own business? Of course if we simply allowed the police to pull everyone over that will on occasion find someone breaking the law but we have laws that addresses that also and the cops must abide by them.

Judge throws out evidence from traffic stop by Maine trooper accused of racial profiling
I notice that the guy was dirty as can be

distributor quantities of illegal drugs plus a loaded gun

so thanks to a woke federal judge a dangerous criminal goes free

It's a lot safer, waiting for the kids to come to them than to go and take care of the dealers ... :thup:
More revenue that way as well ... Less overhead costs and the kid's parents can pay the fines.

wash and repeat

One does have to gather evidence before barging into a residence.

One does have to gather evidence before barging into a residence.

You said the cop had probable cause ...
There is no more probable cause in the car than the house, especially if the house is the probable cause to stop the car.

Get your story straight ... :thup:

There is no such thing. That you are not a fan of our Constitutionally protected rights does not surprise me though.

There actually is in the 33 states with 'implied consent' laws.

These laws state that by operating a vehicle on a public road, you implicitly consent to be stopped.

You said the cop had probable cause ...
There is no more probable cause in the car than the house, especially if the house is the probable cause to stop the car.

Get your story straight ... :thup:

We are discussing a fake scenario. I noted what would give them probable cause. Not liking one's look is not.

These laws state that by operating a vehicle on a public road, you implicitly consent to be stopped.

No there isn't.

There is a thing called Routine Traffic Stop that a cop can pull you over to verify your license...tough shit

Why is this a thing? Why should the police have the power to pull you over and ask for your papers?

We are discussing a fake scenario. I noted what would give them probable cause. Not liking one's look is not.

Profiling is profiling ... No matter what ethnicity the suspect may be.

I didn't say anything about whether or not anyone was offended by the way someone looked.
That's not particularly and requirement of profiling.

You are mistaken on what implied consent is....

Implied Consent Laws​

Under "implied consent" laws in all states, when they apply for a driver's license, motorists give consent to field sobriety tests and chemical tests to determine impairment.

Anything Trump, but, you may be too dim and biased to accept that.
Take Trump's tax returns as just one of many examples :eusa_whistle:
Have traffic cops been pulling trump over to ask him for his tax returns?

That cop probably thinks Jan Brewer wrote the law that enables him to pull over someone that "looks" suspicious.

1641606677500.png

Check out that miserable looking guy. Damned if she didn't crack a Trump joke at him.

Forum List

Back