Judge orders lesbian mother removed from her child’s birth certificate

Wait, weren't you a CPS guy?

Yes, I know about children because I had five of them, and because I taught about a thousand of them. Not by working at CPS, for Pete's sake.

Why do you blame the birth mother only? Did you attend their divorce court? Or is this just anti-birth mother bias to justify the non-related woman's rights to custody? If the birth mother is so horrible, why is it good news that they child will be with her? Shouldn't CPS take custody without a warrant, and give the kid to one of the famous CPS abusive foster families?

"non gestational parent?" Why not say "non-biologically related and non-making the effort to adopt person," instead? In my dating days, I dated a couple of single moms who would bring up marriage not to subtly. They both said that bio-dad was out of the picture. Like for. sure. I told them that if our relationship went that far, I would have to adopt the child as my own as part of the joining as a family. For some reason, that cooled them off on the idea.

You have a theory for why?
I do have a theory. They did not like you that much

What the hell are you blathering about now. I blame the bith mother for trying to deprive her ex of parental rights and for depriving the boy of contact with someone who he rellates to as a parent.

You are just making a lot of shit up here and assigning it to me. I did not say that the birth mother was a horrible parent and I diid not say that it was preferable for the child to bewith her. I just said that was the probable outcome. There is no indication that there is anything going on that warrents a CPS intervention. Removing the child and placing him would be the cruelest thing to do.
In your angst about the rights of the non-biological, non-adoptive person, you may have missed this:

Vaughn now lives with Wilson in Oklahoma City. In December 2021, Wilson received an emergency victim protective order from Williams. Wilson said that Williams physically attacked her, though Judge McGuire didn’t mention this when issuing her decision.

Williams really sounds like a person that a two-year old has to have in their lives?

In your angst about the rights of the non-biological, non-adoptive person, you may have missed this:

Vaughn now lives with Wilson in Oklahoma City. In December 2021, Wilson received an emergency victim protective order from Williams. Wilson said that Williams physically attacked her, though Judge McGuire didn’t mention this when issuing her decision.

Williams really sounds like a person that a two-year old has to have in their lives?
Yes I did miss it. But it does not change much. There is no indication that Williams is a danger to the child and we don't know all of the facts about what was going on between the two women

Yes I did miss it. But it does not change much. There is no indication that Williams is a danger to the child and we don't know all of the facts about what was going on between the two women
Thanks for the admission, and I mean that sincerely. Many posters cannot concede the smallest point.

No, of course we don't know all the facts, so any judging of the judge is a little out of place.

Thanks for the admission, and I mean that sincerely. Many posters cannot concede the smallest point.

No, of course we don't know all the facts, so any judging of the judge is a little out of place.
Thank you. However, regardless of the domestic violence, the judge did not have the authority to terminate parental rights

the only person above a judge is god,,
do you want god deciding if she can be on a birth certificate??
Here is a news flash for you. This is a Constitutional Republic. God has no say in the matter

If you think that the Judge had the authority to terminate parental rights when parental rights was not even a question before the court, please explaine

Thank you. However, regardless of the domestic violence, the judge did not have the authority to terminate parental rights
I believe a family court judge does indeed have that authority.

When did the allegedly abusive partner obtain parental rights? Did she have parental rights before the baby was born?

When did the allegedly abusive partner obtain parental rights? Did she have parental rights before the baby was born?
Come on! Where have you been. As the spouse, she became a legal parent at the time of birth, just like the birth mother. There is a presumption of parenthood just like with hetrosexual couples

It is hard to believe that 7 years after the Obergefell decision that established the right to same sex marriage, and the Pavan v. Smith case that same-sex parents of children conceived by a sperm donor and/or birth surrogate should both be listed on the child’s birth certificate, just as is done for different-sex couples who have kids the same way, we have this sort of inhumane treatment of a lesbian.

Where is the equality established in 2015 by the two aforementioned cases? This would never happen with an opposite sex couple. The fact that the sperm donor subsequently petitioned the court for custody does not change that.

It all could have been avoid if ...

The same sex partner married to the biological mother had legally adopted the child as family law requires for custody concerns.
The same sex married couple wasn't getting a divorce making custody an issue in the first place.

It all could have been avoid if ...

The same sex partner married to the biological mother had legally adopted the child as family law requires for custody concerns.
The same sex married couple wasn't getting a divorce making custody an issue in the first place.

Yes it could have been avoided but adoption should not be necessary. It's like telling a father that he should adopt his child that his wife gave birth to

Forum List

Back