Judge orders lesbian mother removed from her child’s birth certificate

Yes the judges order will likely be overrules . But only after putting the woman through hell and further complication an already messy situation. THAT is the problem
Oh, oh! "putting the woman through Hell?" Drama-mamma much?

So you have so much compassion for the adult that ruined her marriage, but none for the child being put through the divorce?

That lady needs to stop and think what is best for the child. Anyone with a brain knows that a father and mother is best for a child to have, and that's what she is standing in the way of. I have zero problem with a happy gay couple adopting a child or bringing a child into the world that would not otherwise be here. Because a two-parent opposite sex family is not an option, so a truly loving set of same-sex parents is the next best thing.

I do have a problem with sacrificing the child's happiness for some politically fashionable point.

What the hell are you talking about now? Spell it out.
See post fifty. You care about "equality" for lesbians, but not for children.

That is a major load of uninformed horseshit. There is a large body of peer reviewed scientific literature that shows that having parents of the opposite sex is of minimal importance,. You should read more
I have to assume that you're guessing since you post no link to this "large body."

So, I will guess that is is conducted by liberal dominated universities, whose researchers have not had children of their own.

Oh, oh! "putting the woman through Hell?" Drama-mamma much?

So you have so much compassion for the adult that ruined her marriage, but none for the child being put through the divorce?

That lady needs to stop and think what is best for the child. Anyone with a brain knows that a father and mother is best for a child to have, and that's what she is standing in the way of. I have zero problem with a happy gay couple adopting a child or bringing a child into the world that would not otherwise be here. Because a two-parent opposite sex family is not an option, so a truly loving set of same-sex parents is the next best thing.

I do have a problem with sacrificing the child's happiness for some politically fashionable point.

See post fifty. You care about "equality" for lesbians, but not for children.
How dare you suggest that I do not care about the interests of the child!?? Let me tell you something. I spent a career working in child welfare jncluding foster care and adoption. I had many case that hinged on the best interest of the child. I testified in court on custody and guardianship cases. The child's interests always came first!

In this particular case, the little boy was 2 years old when this divorce came about. If you know anything about children, you know that 2 is a delicate age and that this child is bonded to both woman.

The good news is that he will, in the end be with one of thewoman who he relates to as a parent. But the birth mother seems to be intent on ripping the other one out of his life and that would be a tremendously damaging loss.

Bast case senerio; For the court to establish all three as legal parents. I can be done. The birth mother and the spirm doner would be the cusodial parents and the non gestational parent would share custody

The 3rd parent law does not require a child to have more than two parents and does not automatically create more than two parents. Instead, the law allows a court to find that a child may have more than two parents. If there is an existing parent-child bond with more than two people, the court may find a child has three parents even over the objections of two of the parents. How can families protect against non-intended parents? The law is intended to protect families and children, not ...

Are Three Parents a Crowd? Understanding California’s 3rd Parent Law ...

Yes it is messy and interesting. The court is making it messy. It is absolutly [sic] inappropriate for a judge hearing a divorce case to, in effect, terminate the parental rights of one of the parents

The one was never one of the child's parents in the first place, neither biologically nor legally.

The judge cannot terminate rights that never existed in the first place.

I have to assume that you're guessing since you post no link to this "large body."

So, I will guess that is is conducted by liberal dominated universities, whose researchers have not had children of their own.
  1. The Australian Study of Child Health in Same-Sex Families is the world’s largest attempt to study how children raised by same-sex couples compare to children raised by heterosexual couples. According to a preliminary report on the study of 500 children across the country of Australia, these young people are not only thriving, but also have higher rates of family cohesion than other families:

An interim report found there was no statistical difference between children of same-sex couples and the rest of the population on indicators including self-esteem, emotional behaviour and the amount of time spent with parents.

However, children of same-sex couples scored higher than the national average for overall health and family cohesion, measuring how well a family gets along. World’s Largest Study Of Same-Sex Parenting Finds That Children Are Thriving

Children raised by same-sex couples appear to do as well as those raised by parents of both sexes, suggests an international research review that challenges the long-ingrained belief that children need male and female parents for healthy adjustment.

"It's more about the quality of the parenting than the gender of the parents," says Judith Stacey of New York University, co-author of the comprehensive review. It will be published Friday in the Journal of Marriage and Family. Same-sex couples can be effective parents, researchers find - USATODAY.com

A sampling of recent studies of same-sex parenting: Studies of same-sex parenting
  • 1997-APR: Three 3 recent studies from the US, Britain and the Netherlands were presented at the national meeting of the Society for Research on Child Development during 1997-APR .
Charlotte Patterson, a research psychologist at the University of Virginia and author of one of the new studies, said "When you look at kids with standard psychological assessments, you can't tell who has a lesbian parent and who has a heterosexual parent...That's really the main finding from these studies." She agreed that the studies to date are relatively few and open to criticism.

There may be indications that children benefit from having two lesbian parents. Fiona Tasker of Birkbeck College in the Netherlands, "...found that the non-biological lesbian parent was usually more involved with the children than are the fathers of heterosexual couples." There is also anecdotal evidence that children of gay or lesbian parents tend to be less prejudiced.
  • 1999-APR: Researcher Fiona Tasker at Birkbeck College, UK, published an article in Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry. A summary reads: "There are an increasing number of children who are being brought up in lesbian-led families. Research on non-clinical samples of children raised in lesbian-led families formed after parental divorce, together with studies of children raised in families planned by a single lesbian mother or lesbian couple, suggest that growing up in a lesbian-led family does not have negative effects on key developmental outcomes. In many ways family life for children growing up in lesbian-led families is similar to that experienced by children in heterosexual families. In other respects there are important distinctions, such as different types of family forms and the impact of social stigma on the family, that may influence how clinicians approach therapeutic work with children in lesbian mother families." 14
  • 2001-APR: Researchers Judith Stacey and Timothy Biblarz of the University of Southern California studied sexual orientation and parenting. They reported their findings in the American Sociological Review, a peer-reviewed journal. 1 They :
  • Discussed "...limitations in the definitions, samples and analyses of the studies to date."
  • Examined 21 studies which "almost uniformly reports findings of no notable differences between children reared by heterosexual parents and those reared by lesbian and gay parents..."

How dare you suggest that I do not care about the interests of the child!?? Let me tell you something. I spent a career working in child welfare jncluding foster care and adoption. I had many case that hinged on the best interest of the child. I testified in court on custody and guardianship cases. The child's interests always came first!
Wait, weren't you a CPS guy?
In this particular case, the little boy was 2 years old when this divorce came about. If you know anything about children, you know that 2 is a delicate age and that this child is bonded to both woman.
Yes, I know about children because I had five of them, and because I taught about a thousand of them. Not by working at CPS, for Pete's sake.
The good news is that he will, in the end be with one of thewoman who he relates to as a parent. But the birth mother seems to be intent on ripping the other one out of his life and that would be a tremendously damaging loss.
Why do you blame the birth mother only? Did you attend their divorce court? Or is this just anti-birth mother bias to justify the non-related woman's rights to custody? If the birth mother is so horrible, why is it good news that they child will be with her? Shouldn't CPS take custody without a warrant, and give the kid to one of the famous CPS abusive foster families?

Bast case senerio; For the court to establish all three as legal parents. I can be done. The birth mother and the spirm doner would be the cusodial parents and the non gestational parent would share custody
"non gestational parent?" Why not say "non-biologically related and non-making the effort to adopt person," instead? In my dating days, I dated a couple of single moms who would bring up marriage not to subtly. They both said that bio-dad was out of the picture. Like for. sure. I told them that if our relationship went that far, I would have to adopt the child as my own as part of the joining as a family. For some reason, that cooled them off on the idea.

You have a theory for why?

birth certificates are to record the mother and father,, this women is neither of those so to put her name on it would amount to fraud or falsification of a government document,,
Bullshit. It is a brand new day . The women were married. There is presumption of parenthood. As usual you have no fucking idea what you are talking about

Bullshit. It is a brand new day . The women were married. There is presumption of parenthood. As usual you have no fucking idea what you are talking about
its a BIRTH certificate you stupid fuck,, they dont put step fathers or step mothers so she shouldnt be on it

and no its not a brand new day,,,

Why do you blame the birth mother only? Did you attend their divorce court? Or is this just anti-birth mother bias to justify the non-related woman's rights to custody? If the birth mother is so horrible, why is it good news that they child will be with her? Shouldn't CPS take custody without a warrant, and give the kid to one of the famous CPS abusive foster families?
What the hell are you blathering about now. I blame the bith mother for trying to deprive her ex of parental rights and for depriving the boy of contact with someone who he rellates to as a parent.

You are just making a lot of shit up here and assigning it to me. I did not place blame for thedivorce on either party . I did not say that the birth mother was a horrible parent and I diid not say that it was preferable for the child to bewith her. I just said that was the probable outcome. There is no indication that there is anything going on that warrents a CPS intervention. Removing the child and placing him would be the cruelest thing to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back