Judge Jackson: "Well, Senator. That is . . . the nature of a right." Great words. I wish she actually believed it.

The idea behind the tax breaks is because of the extra time and effort involved in raising more humans. Duh.
Then why do childless married couples get tax breaks?

Also why should I foot the bill for couples of any gender who decide to whelp puppies?

Your first question is legit.
The second one was already explained in the post you quoted.
The quote was: The idea behind the tax breaks is because of the extra time and effort involved in raising more humans. Duh.

So the logic is that anytime anyone decides to start a project that will require them to put in extra time and effort, they should be subsidized with tax breaks?

Is that why the left expects us to subsidize artists who are unable to produce work that sells in the free market (not every artist has a bribable president for a dad)? Should I get a tax break because I want to spend extra time and effort building a sundial into the landscape of my house? It will be carbon neutral, so there's that.

Have you noticed that the overwhelming majority of people who claim that it is a moral duty that we all subsidize each others lives are the people who are unable or unwilling to make the effort to pay their own way?

If legal marriage is such a brilliant idea, why does it need to be subsidized?

Are you a liberal democrat? They are the ones who come up with "ideas so great, they are mandatory!"

Do you seriously believe that if the government did not subsidize legal marriage between opposite sex couple, there would be no more procreation?
So, advocate to get rid of legal marriage. What have you actively done so far to get rid of legal marriage?

So, advocate to get rid of legal marriage. What have you actively done so far to get rid of legal marriage?
Just vote Libertarian. My view is that people should be able to legally register anyone they want as "next of kin," so whoever they choose to spend their lives with can make medical decisions and automatically inherit their property and whatnot. Then let the churches worry about marriage.

Suppose an American goes to Canada and meets their first cousin once removed (the child or parent of a first cousin), who is a seventeen year-old gender fluid person. The American decides that they want that person to be their legal next of kin, so they go to their local county courthouse (in the States) and register as such. No one asks about the nature of the relationship, that's not the County's business. Now the American's mamma is no longer next of kin, but this newest legal immigrant.

If they decide to get married, and the Church says, "You can't marry your gender fluid seventeen year-old second cousin, you idiot! Don't you know they're West Phalia Reformed Baptist and we are East Phalia Reformed Baptists? What? you gonna follow them into Hell?" the government will have nothing to say about that, it's church business.

The quote was: The idea behind the tax breaks is because of the extra time and effort involved in raising more humans. Duh.

So the logic is that anytime anyone decides to start a project that will require them to put in extra time and effort, they should be subsidized with tax breaks?

Is that why the left expects us to subsidize artists who are unable to produce work that sells in the free market (not every artist has a bribable president for a dad)? Should I get a tax break because I want to spend extra time and effort building a sundial into the landscape of my house? It will be carbon neutral, so there's that.

Have you noticed that the overwhelming majority of people who claim that it is a moral duty that we all subsidize each others lives are the people who are unable or unwilling to make the effort to pay their own way?
Procreation is tantamount to murder on the other end of the spectrum.
You need to grow up.

Forum List

Back