Judge Declares Rachel Maddow a "Fake News Fabulist, Not a Journalist."

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
A Judge Rules Rachel Maddow is a Fake News Fabulist and Not a Journalist

In her own filings on the lawsuit, Maddow admitted that she does not try to be accurate.

"Here lies the real humor in this decision. In the process of denigrating OAN as an illegitimate news source, Rachael Maddow had to rest on the defense that what she was delivering was itself illegitimate ‘’infotainment’’. By her own admission, the primetime hostess has declared her own words to be little more than sparkly storytelling. While the network has appealed the decision, in a manner OAN has won a victory.

It managed to get Rachael Maddow to declare in court records that she is a fabulist whose reporting does not need to be taken as the least bit accurate. It is not to be taken lightly when a major name in the media universe has gone on the record to declare what she traffics in on the air is fake news."

A Judge Rules Rachel Maddow is a Fake News Fabulist and Not a Journalist

In her own filings on the lawsuit, Maddow admitted that she does not try to be accurate.

"Here lies the real humor in this decision. In the process of denigrating OAN as an illegitimate news source, Rachael Maddow had to rest on the defense that what she was delivering was itself illegitimate ‘’infotainment’’. By her own admission, the primetime hostess has declared her own words to be little more than sparkly storytelling. While the network has appealed the decision, in a manner OAN has won a victory.

It managed to get Rachael Maddow to declare in court records that she is a fabulist whose reporting does not need to be taken as the least bit accurate. It is not to be taken lightly when a major name in the media universe has gone on the record to declare what she traffics in on the air is fake news."
Take heed Carlson and Hannity

RedState

Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.

Share:
Redstate - Right Biased - Conservative - Republican - Not Credible
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate RedState borderline Questionable and strongly Right Biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of emotionally loaded (sensationalized) headlines. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing of information and a few failed fact checks.
RedState - Media Bias/Fact Check

now i KNOW you won't be fighting me on this, vic...

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate RedState borderline Questionable and strongly Right Biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of emotionally loaded (sensationalized) headlines. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing of information and a few failed fact checks.

your scale is the european version and has no comparison to the scale created by the GREAT AMERICAN EXPIERIMENT,,

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

your scale is the european version and has no comparison to the scale created by the GREAT AMERICAN EXPIERIMENT,,

dude - he JUST used the same site to prove MSNBC is biased & has mixed reporting...

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

dude - he JUST used the same site to prove MSNBC is biased & has mixed reporting...
sorry I missed it,,, my statement still stands,,,

So OAN lost its frivolous lawsuit

Judge correctly ruled opinion and derision related to OAN content is allowable

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

Like hell. I read the transcript of the lawsuit OAN filed against Maddow. Maddow admitted that what she said was not really true, but she justified it by admitting that she does not consider accuracy that important and her show is entertainment, not journalism. The judge reviewed transcripts of her shows and agreed with her evaluation. The law requires that defamation be based upon a misstatement of fact. Since Maddow does not claim to be a journalist presenting fact, the cause of action cannot be supported.

This case, altho dismissed by the judge, is important because it publicly labels Maddow for what she is, an entertainer who does not care about the truth. Lots of people will be very shocked to hear that. I am gratified to see it in print because I detest her and people like her. It is lying media scum who have ruined the politics of the USA and misled the people with their propaganda.

Your source is not very reputable

"The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst."[2] The Poynter Institute notes, "Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."[4] Alexandra Kitty, in a 2018 book on journalism, described MBFC as an apparent "amateur/civic outfit" and wrote that its founder's only qualification was a degree in communications.[3]"

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

Like hell. I read the transcript of the lawsuit OAN filed against Maddow. Maddow admitted that what she said was not really true, but she justified it by admitting that she does not consider accuracy that important and her show is entertainment, not journalism. The judge reviewed transcripts of her shows and agreed with her evaluation. The law requires that defamation be based upon a misstatement of fact. Since Maddow does not claim to be a journalist presenting fact, the cause of action cannot be supported.

This case, altho dismissed by the judge, is important because it publicly labels Maddow for what she is, an entertainer who does not care about the truth. Lots of people will be very shocked to hear that. I am gratified to see it in print because I detest her and people like her. It is lying media scum who have ruined the politics of the USA and misled the people with their propaganda.

"The Columbia Journalism Review describes Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and Van Zandt as an "armchair media analyst."[2] The Poynter Institute notes, "Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."[4] Alexandra Kitty, in a 2018 book on journalism, described MBFC as an apparent "amateur/civic outfit" and wrote that its founder's only qualification was a degree in communications.[3]"

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

you do know your credibility drops off the charts when you attack the messenger without addressing the message???

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

you do know your credibility drops off the charts when you attack the messenger without addressing the message???

media bias check lists MSNBC as being biased. that's not a secret. they also say CNN is center left ... are they wrong about that?

OAN is to right of fox & on par with newsmax, & is pretty close to RT.

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

media bias check lists MSNBC as being biased. that's not a secret. they also say CNN is center left ... are they wrong about that?

not when you use the american scale,, they are clearly just left of center but no where near RW

but that doesnt change my comment,,,

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

not when you use the american scale,, they are clearly just left of center but no where near RW

can you 'splain what you mean by 'american scale'?

So OAN lost its frivolous lawsuit

Judge correctly ruled opinion and derision related to OAN content is allowable
And Maddow had to admit on the record she's infotainment.
That admission was necessary to avoid paying OAN 10million dollars. The facts of their case were correct. I suspect they did not expect her to admit she lies on TV. Most people will be schocked and disillusioned. Watch her ratings fall off if she ever comes back. Right now, she is off the air.

RedState

Share:

RIGHT BIAS

OAN?

LOL!!!!

dismissed.

can you 'splain what you mean by 'american scale'?

constitution is center with conservative, libertarian to anarchist to the right and to the left is the progression of authoritarian based on the constitutional limits,,,

common mistake everyone makes is using the european scale that is full authoritarian just different levels total being far left (monarchy) and least being far right (fascism),, it has none of what we consider the right cause anyone thinking that way was killed or jailed,, in that order,,,

Forum List

Back