Judaism in its Own Words

Saying that it's absurd is not a rebuttal (unless you are a Leftist).

How can you account for the FACT that one can be a committed atheist, and still be a jew in good standing? Indeed, this is common in that community...the expression is often "secular jews."

An argument can be made that it is not a "real religion." Unlike Evolution.
I can account for it-----it is an ethos----Acts are important in the jewish
ethos-------beyond "belief" or doubt or personal psychic turmoil

pick a "FACT" and we can discuss it

One of your "FACTS" >>>>>The modern Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox are not the Judaism of Moses, they're a racist Babylonian cult formed by Pharisees in the 2nd century A.D.

feel free to defend your "not judaism of Moses" "racist babylonian"
and "2nd century AD"

Already have, numerous times, and you nor any other Xian bashing racist has ever refuted it. Sucks when your own Jewish scholars refuse to censor themselves just because you demand they do, eh?

How can you account for the FACT that one can be a committed atheist, and still be a jew in good standing? Indeed, this is common in that community...the expression is often "secular jews."

lol yes, then they run around sniveling Christians can't be Jewish', never mind there are many who converted and especially in the 1st Century. The Apostles and Paul all taught in synagogues and in the Temple itself for decades , until the they cut into the cash the Pharisees were raking in with their scams. They can be atheists because of their master race gimmick they created starting with Ezra and codified extensively in the following 500 years. They have quite the elaborate 'Racial Purity' code.

Already have, numerous times, and you nor any other Xian bashing racist has ever refuted it. Sucks when your own Jewish scholars refuse to censor themselves just because you demand they do, eh?
ROFLMAO ----the DUD is stymied again.........................did anyone mention
christians?

pick a "FACT" and we can discuss it

One of your "FACTS" >>>>>The modern Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox are not the Judaism of Moses, they're a racist Babylonian cult formed by Pharisees in the 2nd century A.D.

feel free to defend your "not judaism of Moses" "racist babylonian"
and "2nd century AD"

they most certainly are, the religion of forgeries and fallacies ... whether their own brand or not.

I suggest to stop bashing of Christianity by Judaism and officially denouncing hate against Gentiles by rabbiners.
Judaism requires to stop the Christian 'hate', so Christianity shall require to do the same from Judaism.

Judaism shall wipe away all hate stipulations against Gentiles from his Book # 1 Shulhan Aruch

MSKI24702-2-large.jpg
Maybe you should look at the Hate and Antisemitism in your religion before pointing to others

Saying that it's absurd is not a rebuttal (unless you are a Leftist).

An argument can be made that it is not a "real religion." Unlike Evolution.
On face value alone, arguing Judaism isn’t a real religion is absurd. I’m curious what you believe a real religion is exactly. Because it actually sounds like you are arguing there is only one real church. Which is fine if that is what you are arguing but you don’t need to gen up a convoluted argument like you did. And your argument was convoluted. You started by saying church doctrine and concluded by stating anyone who believed that doctrine must not consider Judaism a real religion. But in fact you are arguing that that is the church’s position. Now before I waste anymore of my time on this I direct you to the Catechism so you can discover your error.

ROFLMAO---"most certainly"

nothing new there -

JERUSALEM — Benjamin Netanyahu, struggling for more than a month to form a coalition government, on Friday was granted another 10 days to do so. But his hopes rest on a contentious quest: shepherding in a new law that would allow convicted criminals who have suspended jail terms to serve in his cabinet.

israel, the land of opportunity ...

On face value alone, arguing Judaism isn’t a real religion is absurd. I’m curious what you believe a real religion is exactly. Because it actually sounds like you are arguing there is only one real church. Which is fine if that is what you are arguing but you don’t need to gen up a convoluted argument like you did. And your argument was convoluted. You started by saying church doctrine and concluded by stating anyone who believed that doctrine must not consider Judaism a real religion. But in fact you are arguing that that is the church’s position. Now before I waste anymore of my time on this I direct you to the Catechism so you can discover your error.
I have already described what a "real religion" is. It is a religion that believes in "god," believes in an after life, and believes that a virtuous life is rewarded in the afterlife and an evil life is punished (or extinguished) in the afterlife.

Virtually every major religion in the US meets these minimal criteria. All Christians, Mormons, Muslims, 7th Day Adventists, J. Witnesses, ...all of them.

But Judaism does not. There is no formal belief in an afterlife, no "pie in the sky," so to speak, and no punishment for evil. Jews can infer the existence of an afterlife and based on the belief that God is ultimately just, they can infer reward/punishment, but these are not formal jewish teachings.

I am not taking the position that Judaism is not a religion, but that position is tenable, according to rational criteria.

Sacrifices Under Fire | Rabbi Cherki
The continuation of war against Greeks after the victory of Hanucah

Yehudah didn't call himself a king, and neither Yonatan nor Yohanan, the first 3 rulers of the Hasmoneans. Only Shim'on, after his brothers Yohanan and Yonatan were killed with Yehudah the Maccabee, then he was anointed, it took some time.

Should be mentioned, an interesting thing, in the book of Maccabees it's told, a totally weird thing, while Yehudah the Maccabee offers sacrifices in the Temple to consecrate the altar, there're soldiers around him, and he asks them "while I'm offering sacrifices, continue shooting arrows at the Hakra, so that they stop throwing stones at me".

What is the Hakra? It is the Greek fortress, in which stationed a Greek garrison force! Imagine this, purifying the Temple, offering sacrifices, lighting the Hanucah candle, playing the dreidel…and near the Temple, there's a Greek fortress, and they attempt at disturbing it by throwing stones. Yehudah has no choice, to "continue shooting please so that I can make the offering".

Now, how much time has the Hakra held? 20 years, until the days of Shim'on the Hasmonean, this is an incomprehensible thing… All the region is in the hands of Yehudah and the Hasmonean family, and there's been a garrison force for 20 years, holding position in Jerusalem while being locked in a wall, moreover, they have weapons. Where do the supplies come from? How can they live there, with their families?!

Very simple, also written in the book of Hasmoneans, there was an agreement of understanding with Demetrius, son of Antiochus, that for humanitarian reasons there's a corridor for supplies. Yes, sometimes they've bought silence from the Hakra, right?

It's a thing we wouldn't imagine, how can this be?! Would You imagine that an Israeli force will supply an enemy force inside its capital city? It's an unimaginable thing, correct?

Of course, it ended when Shim'on the Hasmonean became king, and the first thing he did - was to go and destroy the Hakra.

Why wasn't it possible prior to that? Simple, because there was no unity of opinions in the nation – Shim'on is the first who was anointed by the authority of the entire nation. Before that, probably there were those who wanted to destroy the Hakra, there're those who will say "moreover, we have a partner", meaning don't destroy the Hakra for nothing.

Student: Opinions weren't united to destroy the Hakra?

R. Cherki: There was no unity of opinions at all, indeed how did the Hasmonean war start? It was also a civil war, not only against the Greeks. The war was against the Hellenists, against Yason and Alchimos, all these folks were from us, correct?

Last edited:
Yonatan Razael - Harmony

Whoever said my soul is torn
Said beautifully correct
Certainly it is torn

Impossible to grasp in our minds
A human whose soul is not torn
Only the silent is complete

But the human
Has opposite aspirations
Amidst a constant inner war
And all the work of the human
Is to unite the opposites in his spirit
Into a general idea of which magnitude and greatness
Everything is included and coming into harmony

Last edited:
בס"ד
On the movement of ideas in Israel | Preface and introduction by Rabbi Cherki

A new and unique series of lessons to learn the fundamental article of HaRav Kook: "To the movement of ideas in Israel", about the faith, Judaism, nationalism and their historic incorporation, and their activity in the nation of Israel and the whole of humanity along the generations.

This chapter is the introductory chapter and contains the context in which the words were written and the purpose of Rabbi Kook in his publication.

(B"H translations later)

(Comment)

What I've got from my first introduction to this article,
is the fundamental realization of 3 ideological camps in Israel,
as a projection of all humanity - the religious, national, and humanist.

With all their combinations and physics lyrically described by Rabbi Kook.
The main goal being - the revival of Prophecy in Israel.

But for that either one needs a brave mind,
or a Jewish Neshamah to fathom the desire for a conversation...

%D7%9B%D7%99%D7%A1.jpg
Orot.jpg

The article "On the Movement of Ideas in Israel" is an article published by Rabbi Avraham Yitzhak HaCohen Kook, in 1912, in the Hebrew newspaper edited by Rabbi Meir Bar-Ilan, and was later included in Sefer Orot in its expanded edition, at the suggestion of Rabbi Yehoshua Hutner.

The article, which is considered one of Rabbi Kook's most important articles, gives a historiosophical overview of the history of humanity in general and the people of Israel in particular. The article analyzes many cultural phenomena such as pagan idols, Christianity, Buddhism, the Enlightenment movement and the like - from a Jewish point of view.

From the article emerges an innovative concept in relation to the understanding of Judaism, which stands against the concept that developed, according to Rabbi Kook, in exile. According to him, in the diaspora Judaism turned from a national-divine culture into a 'religion', in the narrow sense, as laws that limit the flow of life, and deal mainly with the individual, while the original Judaism - and the future - is a way of life that embraces all expressions of life, material and spiritual, private and especially general, and leads to their implementation in a healthy and complete manner, and not to their reduction. In the Israeli nation resides the 'Shechinah', which gives 'divine pleasure' to life and causes its love, and not the other way around[1].

למהלך האידיאות בישראל – ויקיפדיה

No'am and Or Shafir - Arb'a Bavot

11-2-1024x1024.png

9-2-1024x1024.png

31-1-1024x1024.png

Forum List

Back