Joint Chiefs of Staff issue military-wide memo condemning Capitol riot, confirming Biden will become next commander in chief

It has surpassed being a partisan dispute.

I think the military is making it clear they aren't going to take over.

And considering the very large military presence in D.C. around the Capitol right now, they are probably right to make that clear!

Quite a few people WANT a military takeover, I am hearing with ear to ground. I don't know if they'd like it as much as they think, but there it is.

The Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Pentagon body comprising the military’s top generals, issued a memo to the entire U.S. military on Tuesday condemning the Capitol riot and confirming Biden will become the 46th commander in chief of the armed forces on Jan. 20.

In the memo, the top Pentagon brass characterized the violent riot as “a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building and our Constitutional process,” and said the military remained fully committed to protecting and defending the Constitution “against all enemies foreign and domestic.”

“As service members, we must embody the values and ideals of the nation,” the top brass said. “We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values and oath; it is against the law.”

The military is taking sides in a partisan dispute and you celebrate that?
Do you also celebrate the rise in censorship?
The military is and should be above partisan politics, and the Joint Chiefs’ statement was a reaffirmation that the military defends our Constitution and Constitutional process. It is too bad you don’t seem to understand this simple distinction.

As for issues of “censorship” or even “a state of emergency” ... those are different questions I’ve discussed in detail elsewhere:

Speaking out NOW, against this particular "protest" while ignoring all the shit that has been going down for hte last two years, coming from teh LEFT, is taking sides.

The military should be above partisan politics. BUt, now, like so many other government bodies, it is not. And you celebrate this.
You are, as always, utterly infantile. So naively disappointed in everything. Where did it start? First with capitalism itself? Then with our Republican institutions? With Congress and (Democratic) politicians? Then the RINOs? Now even the U.S. military has failed to live up to your expectations? Or did it all go back to the original Civil War and the defeat of your precious Confederacy?

You think the political shenanigans of Democrats during “the last two years” or the last four since the fool Trump was elected is something ... new? That it justifies rebellion against all our nation’s Republican institutions? You are furious and have lost all perspective, like the Republicans who apologize for the Jan. 6 outrage. You are furious especially about the last two months when Trump was defeated — in an election whose electoral votes were confirmed by each of 50 states, during which our courts overturned 60 plus nonsense appeals, and the results announced by a joint session of Congress.

But all your fury and failure to see the larger issue is typical, pathetic, and destructive. Luckily, wiser and more mature minds everywhere will decide this issue. At least for now.
The Confederacy was DEMOCRATS. And they got their asses kicked royal.

I think you should study the war before Gettysburg and Vicksburg.
You mean the part where DEMOCRAT General McCleland refused to actually USE the Army of the Potomic?

Your lack of knowledge of history is only surpassed by your poor spelling ability! McClelland was in command of neither of those campaigns, dumbass! Grant was in command at Vicksburg and George Meade was commander of the Army of the Potomac.
Stuff it . I was referring to BEFORE Gettysberg. And I don't give a shit about spelling either. The DEMOCRATS started the Civil War. Clue: What PARTY was Jeff Davis in?

Stuff it? You don't know shit and it's somehow my fault? Typical Democrat!
Democrat? Hmmmm…. I support President TRUMP and everything he stands for. The Democrats are destroying this country. Since they are OWNED by Silicon Valley ,it is no wonder.

Apparently, you are too stupid for that to be true. You don't know shit and it's somehow my fault?

The Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Pentagon body comprising the military’s top generals, issued a memo to the entire U.S. military on Tuesday condemning the Capitol riot and confirming Biden will become the 46th commander in chief of the armed forces on Jan. 20.

In the memo, the top Pentagon brass characterized the violent riot as “a direct assault on the U.S. Congress, the Capitol building and our Constitutional process,” and said the military remained fully committed to protecting and defending the Constitution “against all enemies foreign and domestic.”

“As service members, we must embody the values and ideals of the nation,” the top brass said. “We support and defend the Constitution. Any act to disrupt the Constitutional process is not only against our traditions, values and oath; it is against the law.”

The military is and should be above partisan politics, and the Joint Chiefs’ statement was a reaffirmation that the military defends our Constitution and Constitutional process. It is too bad you don’t seem to understand this simple distinction.

As for issues of “censorship” or even “a state of emergency” ... those are different questions I’ve discussed in detail elsewhere:

Speaking out NOW, against this particular "protest" while ignoring all the shit that has been going down for hte last two years, coming from teh LEFT, is taking sides.

The military should be above partisan politics. BUt, now, like so many other government bodies, it is not. And you celebrate this.
You are, as always, utterly infantile. So naively disappointed in everything. Where did it start? First with capitalism itself? Then with our Republican institutions? With Congress and (Democratic) politicians? Then the RINOs? Now even the U.S. military has failed to live up to your expectations? Or did it all go back to the original Civil War and the defeat of your precious Confederacy?

You think the political shenanigans of Democrats during “the last two years” or the last four since the fool Trump was elected is something ... new? That it justifies rebellion against all our nation’s Republican institutions? You are furious and have lost all perspective, like the Republicans who apologize for the Jan. 6 outrage. You are furious especially about the last two months when Trump was defeated — in an election whose electoral votes were confirmed by each of 50 states, during which our courts overturned 60 plus nonsense appeals, and the results announced by a joint session of Congress.

But all your fury and failure to see the larger issue is typical, pathetic, and destructive. Luckily, wiser and more mature minds everywhere will decide this issue. At least for now.

You mean the part where DEMOCRAT General McCleland refused to actually USE the Army of the Potomic?

Your lack of knowledge of history is only surpassed by your poor spelling ability! McClelland was in command of neither of those campaigns, dumbass! Grant was in command at Vicksburg and George Meade was commander of the Army of the Potomac.
Stuff it . I was referring to BEFORE Gettysberg. And I don't give a shit about spelling either. The DEMOCRATS started the Civil War. Clue: What PARTY was Jeff Davis in?

Democrat? Hmmmm…. I support President TRUMP and everything he stands for. The Democrats are destroying this country. Since they are OWNED by Silicon Valley ,it is no wonder.

Apparently, you are too stupid for that to be true. You don't know shit and it's somehow my fault?
I can't help it if you suck. that is your own doing.

As a former member who swore to protect this country from all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC I will continue to do so. This is the best government bought and paid for by the Chinese Communists and I will NOT kowtow to that regime. Biden is a d chinese shill.

Maybe you ought to read the UCMJ.

Ummm...it seems you have never studied the history of the United States.

I hate fucktards who won't admit when their ass has been handed to them.

Ummm...it seems you have never studied the history of the United States.
Was Jeff Davis a Democrat? Look it up.

I hate fucktards who won't admit when their ass has been handed to them.
Stop peddling your ass. It won't be handed back pinked.

That would be the epitome of military careerism, the imposition of a military police state throughout America, and a gross perversion of the officers' and enlisted men's oath to support and defend a Constitution which includes the Second Amendment, to wit:
That is a right of the people, not to be usurped by confederate generals and Pentagon insiders in defiance of the said Constitution they are falsely claiming to defend — if indeed the reports of the mainstream media to that effect are true.

And years of riots, with police and government support, terrorizing and killing innocent civilians over the last 4 years,

didn't?

THe lines you draw and painfully obviously self serving.

AND, while they might sound convincing inside your head, in the ears of your enemies, translates to somethign like this.

" We will never give you an even break. We will allow our brownshirts to kill you and treat them with kid gloves while landing on your with all the force we can, for ever infraction, real and imagined. And we will never stop. THe only choice you have is civil war or submission like the lowly serf we see you as"

Projecting? Who's brown shirts ransacked the capital, killed a policeman, and attempted capture members of congress and over throw the election?

And years of riots, with police and government support, terrorizing and killing innocent civilians over the last 4 years,

didn't?

AND, while they might sound convincing inside your head, in the ears of your enemies, translates to somethign like this.

" We will never give you an even break. We will allow our brownshirts to kill you and treat them with kid gloves while landing on your with all the force we can, for ever infraction, real and imagined. And we will never stop. THe only choice you have is civil war or submission like the lowly serf we see you as"

Projecting? Who's brown shirts ransacked the capital, killed a policeman, and attempted capture members of congress and over throw the election?
Attempted to capture members of congress eh ??? Now looky looky,, you very well are projecting (you just did it in that little tid bit found in your assuming of their intent, when there is no facts to back it up), but what's worry some is that you don't realize when you do it or do you ??????????

didn't?

Attempted to capture members of congress eh ??? Now looky looky,, you very well are projecting (you just did it in that little tid bit found in your assuming of their intent, when there is no facts to back it up), but what's worry some is that you don't realize when you do it or do you ??????????
Why did they carry handcuffs?

didn't?

Who ??

didn't?

Who ??

didn't?

Who ??

Wow, a huge well planned out attack eh ?? Sounds like a bunch of loosely nit Yahoo's that were out to try and save the whiskey and rye ON THEIR OWN... LOL.

All jokes aside, thank goodness it didn't get as bad as it could have gotten, but the fact that it didn't speaks well for the thousands who showed up to support the republic, support Trump, and to support the constitution.

didn't?

Provide a link.

I said a long time ago on USMB that all those assholes here who were talking up civil war by stopping the Congressional reading of the already confirmed electoral votes ... should go ahead and try it.

I warned them that it would be the end of Trumpism. That it would be messy and a tragedy, but would have only one result. Most of the fools who followed Trump all the way to this logical, almost inevitable end ... will not pay any price. They were allowed to stroll out of the Congress building and most will never even be prosecuted. Most of the keyboard warriors for Trump will continue to apologize for him and regurgitate Trump-like demagogy.

The maniacal narcissist Trump himself will pay a (small) price. I am glad the Democrats — no angels themselves — and groups like the Lincoln Project, and corporate America too, seem finally to be taking this popular authoritarian threat seriously. It is important that the military and police forces do so as well. The U.S. remains highly vulnerable.

Even if the Republican Party can purge itself of Trump’s cult, and Trump is politically destroyed, other authoritarian threats will arise — because the U.S. is losing its once overwhelming military and economic world supremacy. Our police and military forces, like our people, are not yet fully ready to face the new world that is coming. The rank-and-file military and police may not always be reliable defenders of our Republic. But it will take a lot more than the incompetent narcissist and play actor Trump to win them away from their duty.

Last edited:
I said a long time ago on USMB that all those assholes here who were talking up civil war by stopping the Congressional reading of the already confirmed electoral votes ... should go ahead and try it.

I warned them that it would be the end of Trumpism. That it would be messy and a tragedy, but would have only one result. Most of the fools who followed Trump all the way to this logical, almost inevitable end ... will not pay any price. They were allowed to stroll out of the Congress building and most will never even be prosecuted. Most of the keyboard warriors for Trump will continue to apologize for him and regurgitate Trump-like demagogy.

The maniacal narcissist Trump himself will pay a (small) price. I am glad the Democrats — no angels themselves — and groups like the Lincoln Project, and corporate America too, seem finally to be taking this popular authoritarian threat seriously. It is important that the military and police forces do so as well. The U.S. remains highly vulnerable.

Even if the Republican Party can purge itself of Trump’s cult, and Trump is politically destroyed, other authoritarian threats will arise — because the U.S. is losing its once overwhelming military and economic world supremacy. Our police and military forces, like our people, are not yet fully ready to face the new world that is coming. The rank-and-file military and police may not always be reliable defenders of our Republic. But it will take a lot more than the incompetent narcissist and play actor Trump to win them away from their duty.
You are a funny man... First you trash Trump, then in the next breath you claim weaknesses in our nation (the very weaknesses Trump was trying to fix), and then you trash the police and such, basically saying to what in effect, that we might have to be monitored by the blue helmets soon ???

Forum List

Back