John Wayne and Donald Trump

Let's clear the bullshit out shall we? Any one voting Trump is doing so because they ether are pissed off at politics and are latching on The only non politician and ignoring his history OR is completely ignorant of his history and latches on to him out of stupidly thinking the man is a conservative.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

John Wayne's daughter announced her endorsement of Donald Trump for President at a ceremony in Iowa today. The Wayne family has a long history of supporting conservative causes, so the optics are good for Trump's credibility as a conservative Republican. But I think Trump identifies with John Wayne on a much deeper level.......Trump can really relate to a phony tough guy who never served his country or did anything tougher than talk. John Wayne and Donald Trump are like kindred spirits.

I will excuse your ignorant comments regarding John Wayne, but you really should educate yourself and stop posting bullshit talking points.

Unfortunately I can't reciprocate by excusing your incredible stupidity.

If I am so stupid, it should be very easy to prove your point. However, you won't because you simply cannot.

America's entry into World War II resulted in a deluge of support for the war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no exception. Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status, classified as 3-A (family deferment). He repeatedly wrote John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".[4]:212 Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him; Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[4]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[4]:213
Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[4]:253 with the USO[27][28][29] By many accounts, Wayne's failure to serve in the military was the most painful part of his life.[4]:212 His widow later suggested that his patriotism in later decades sprang from guilt, writing: "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."[30]

U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne had, in fact, made an application [31] to serve in the OSS, that day's equivalent of theCIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William Donovan, OSS Commander, wrote Wayne a letter informing him of his acceptance in to the Field Photographic Unit, but the letter went to his estranged wife Josephine's home. She never told him about it.[32] Donovan also issued an OSS Certificate of Service to Wayne.[33]

John Wayne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't see a 4-F classification in there anywhere.

John Wayne's daughter announced her endorsement of Donald Trump for President at a ceremony in Iowa today. The Wayne family has a long history of supporting conservative causes, so the optics are good for Trump's credibility as a conservative Republican. But I think Trump identifies with John Wayne on a much deeper level.......Trump can really relate to a phony tough guy who never served his country or did anything tougher than talk. John Wayne and Donald Trump are like kindred spirits.

I will excuse your ignorant comments regarding John Wayne, but you really should educate yourself and stop posting bullshit talking points.

If I am so stupid, it should be very easy to prove your point. However, you won't because you simply cannot.

America's entry into World War II resulted in a deluge of support for the war effort from all sectors of society, and Hollywood was no exception. Wayne was exempted from service due to his age (34 at the time of Pearl Harbor) and family status, classified as 3-A (family deferment). He repeatedly wrote John Ford saying he wanted to enlist, on one occasion inquiring whether he could get into Ford's military unit, but consistently kept postponing it until after "he finished just one or two pictures".[4]:212 Wayne did not attempt to prevent his reclassification as 1-A (draft eligible), but Republic Studios was emphatically resistant to losing him; Herbert J. Yates, President of Republic, threatened Wayne with a lawsuit if he walked away from his contract,[4]:220 and Republic Pictures intervened in the Selective Service process, requesting Wayne's further deferment.[4]:213
Wayne toured U.S. bases and hospitals in the South Pacific for three months in 1943 and 1944.[4]:253 with the USO[27][28][29] By many accounts, Wayne's failure to serve in the military was the most painful part of his life.[4]:212 His widow later suggested that his patriotism in later decades sprang from guilt, writing: "He would become a 'superpatriot' for the rest of his life trying to atone for staying home."[30]

U.S. National Archives records indicate that Wayne had, in fact, made an application [31] to serve in the OSS, that day's equivalent of theCIA, and had been accepted within the U.S. Army's allotted billet to the OSS. William Donovan, OSS Commander, wrote Wayne a letter informing him of his acceptance in to the Field Photographic Unit, but the letter went to his estranged wife Josephine's home. She never told him about it.[32] Donovan also issued an OSS Certificate of Service to Wayne.[33]

Do you even have a fucking clue about the shit you are posting?

No one ever said he was 4-F. Was that your classification for lack of intellect? I'll bet you have no idea what 4-F even means!

trrumpscoming.jpg

John Wayne was the best actor of his day. He was certainly not Shakespearean, rather he was the personification of what was called the "Great Generation". While many have tried to disavow that generation that disposed upon America its strongest period of history, instead celebrating what they call tolerance, which is better described as weakness.

I am sure that the period heralded of American power, is like that of the later Romans and Enoch Powell. "I see the river Tiber foaming with blood" ,the quote going back to Troy itself.

Wayne was no Jimmy Stewart

No one ever said he was 4-F. Was that your classification for lack of intellect? I'll bet you have no idea what 4-F even means!

Obviously I do or you wouldn't be so sensitive about it.

No. You come across as a clueless, basing your hatred on your own ignorance. Does that make you proud?

No. You come across as a clueless, basing your hatred on your own ignorance. Does that make you proud?
"They Were Expendable" was a much better movie than "In Harms Way".

He didnt dodge the draft like marion "sissyboy" morrison did.

When was he drafted?

How old was John Wayne in 1941?

How many children did he have?
He could have done like so many others in Hollywood did, he could have volunteered. But he didn't.

Read my reply to your other your other baseless accusations.
And "Red River" was better than "The Searchers", and a lot better than "Hondo" .

"They Were Expendable" was a much better movie than "In Harms Way".

Your opinion is noted.

He didnt dodge the draft like marion "sissyboy" morrison did.

When was he drafted?

How old was John Wayne in 1941?

How many children did he have?
He could have done like so many others in Hollywood did, he could have volunteered. But he didn't.

Read my reply to your other your other baseless accusations.
And "Red River" was better than "The Searchers", and a lot better than "Hondo" .

Your opinion is noted.

Forum List

Back