John Stossel chimes in on EVs

So, actually; No.

A saltwater-driven vehicle is not an ev as it is currently defined if it is even an EV at all. But you know, by all means, let's have 200 million tanks of saltwater pulled from our oceans on a weekly basis.
It operates more like a fuel cell. So I agree with you.

Are you stupid enough to believe what you just said or simply stupid enough to have not read the short article before responding. The car is an EV that uses a flow-cell battery. And I'm quite certain it is not using sea water but that you should think that it would be a bad thing if it did is fucking hilarious. I guess I'll have to reappraise my options for the former.
Are you stupid enough to believe that by 2035 fossil fuels won’t be used to generate electricity?

Are you stupid enough to believe what you just said or simply stupid enough to have not read the short article before responding. The car is an EV that uses a flow-cell battery. And I'm quite certain it is not using sea water but that you should think that it would be a bad thing if it did is fucking hilarious. I guess I'll have to reappraise my options for the former.
Are you stupid enough to believe our electrical transmission infrastructure will double by 2035?

Are you stupid enough to believe our electrical transmission infrastructure will double by 2035?
Trust me. I have read a lot of the silly garbage that this idiot Crick has posted. He is stupid enough to think things like that.

Of course being the typical uneducated Environmental Wacko dumbass he has a fantasy.

His fantasy is that we will all get our energy needs by by solar to save Mother Earth and then we can all sit around Walden's pond singing "Imagine" all day long.

He is gullible and stupid and like all confused Libtards he doesn't know any more about the reality of Energy Production than he knows about Environmental Science, History, Economics, Biology, Ethics or the Constitution.

The fact that you believe any of this is highly amusing to Me.

Like I have said before.
The Left Wing Fanatics believe that they can bypass the Laws of Thermodynamics with their magical green energy ideas.

The thing is they don't plan on everyone having an electric car ...it's all bullshit

How many flew to Egypt for that last conference on how many private jets? The number is astounding as they laugh at how they have swayed so many millions with their lies on the climate.

How many flew to Egypt for that last conference on how many private jets? The number is astounding as they laugh at how they have swayed so many millions with their lies on the climate.
Do you have some video of them laughing?

The hypocrisy of many concerning climate change is undeniable. Who, however, can be in favor of continuing the disgusting pollution the world disgorges? Something has to be done before something catastrophic overtakes us.

The hypocrisy of many concerning climate change is undeniable. Who, however, can be in favor of continuing the disgusting pollution the world disgorges? Something has to be done before something catastrophic overtakes us.
CO2 isn’t pollution. It’s a vital component of the carbon cycle of which every living creature on earth depends upon.

CO2 isn’t pollution. It’s a vital component of the carbon cycle of which every living creature on earth depends upon.
You appear to have a habit of quoting my posts then addressing something else.
My post did not mention CO2.
Otherwise, "pollution" can be a relative thing, and CO2 can be a pollutant in that context.

The electric vehicle market is still evolving. There are products in the figurative pipeline that could be monumental, and the charging network has not yet sorted itself out. I understand that Tesla is making converters (not the correct term) that would allow "others" to use their charging network, which will be a complete game changer.

GM in particular has products coming that could be the best available in their segment (e.g., the Blazer EV, the Silverado EV). Tesla is threatening to produce a smaller, less expensive car (under $30k), and the CyberTruck is still looming.

Nobody really knows if or when the explosion of EV's will impact The Grid, if at all. But it's possible. Utilities could very well tell residential consumers what hours THEY MAY CHARGE THEIR EV's.

When will states start to impose an EV road tax, to substitute for the gasoline taxes that EV owners are not paying (they do use the roads, eh?)? How about the Feds? Same thing. How will this impact the economics of buying and owning an EV? Yet to be seen.

As a car nut, I personally think it would be foolish to jump the gun and buy an EV right now. In 18 months, the selection will be twice what it is now, and "we"will have a better fix on which products are doing well and which are problematic.

The electric vehicle market is still evolving. There are products in the figurative pipeline that could be monumental, and the charging network has not yet sorted itself out. I understand that Tesla is making converters (not the correct term) that would allow "others" to use their charging network, which will be a complete game changer.

GM in particular has products coming that could be the best available in their segment (e.g., the Blazer EV, the Silverado EV). Tesla is threatening to produce a smaller, less expensive car (under $30k), and the CyberTruck is still looming.

Nobody really knows if or when the explosion of EV's will impact The Grid, if at all. But it's possible. Utilities could very well tell residential consumers what hours THEY MAY CHARGE THEIR EV's.

When will states start to impose an EV road tax, to substitute for the gasoline taxes that EV owners are not paying (they do use the roads, eh?)? How about the Feds? Same thing. How will this impact the economics of buying and owning an EV? Yet to be seen.

As a car nut, I personally think it would be foolish to jump the gun and buy an EV right now. In 18 months, the selection will be twice what it is now, and "we"will have a better fix on which products are doing well and which are problematic.
A reasoned discussion. You don't see a lot of that around here. Much obliged.

You appear to have a habit of quoting my posts then addressing something else.
My post did not mention CO2.
Otherwise, "pollution" can be a relative thing, and CO2 can be a pollutant in that context.
In February 2020, three people died from suffocation at a party in Moscow when dry ice (frozen CO2) was added to a swimming pool to cool it down.[158] A similar accident occurred in 2018 when a woman died from CO2 fumes emanating from the large amount of dry ice she was transporting in her car.[159]

In February 2020, three people died from suffocation at a party in Moscow when dry ice (frozen CO2) was added to a swimming pool to cool it down.[158] A similar accident occurred in 2018 when a woman died from CO2 fumes emanating from the large amount of dry ice she was transporting in her car.[159]

They didn't die from CO2, they died from lack of oxygen.

You don't understand the difference, do you?

Forum List

Back