John Lennon murdered today 42 years ago…

And the Pantera guitarist was murdered 18 years ago today

I read a long story on that, the dude who killed him (and a few others) turned from a fan to a deranged psycho who thought he had to kill him. The responding officer literally blew his head off with his shotgun. I'm not sure the officer ever worked again after that, as he admitted he suffered PTSD.

I read a long story on that, the dude who killed him (and a few others) turned from a fan to a deranged psycho who thought he had to kill him. The responding officer literally blew his head off with his shotgun. I'm not sure the officer ever worked again after that, as he admitted he suffered PTSD.
well, he prevented a bigger massacre

why not just strive for not hero worshipping evil men
You must learn to look at the good. You’re much too old to be told this now.

Are you a fanatical feminist and does this cloud your judgement?

The government killed Kurt Cobain, they were worried about the effect grunge would have on children.
Yeah our wonderfully just and honest government wouldn’t hurt a fly.

Thinks a Statist dunce.

"Our government"?

:auiqs.jpg:
It is interesting that having gone through the phase of telling people with critical ideas to move to another country, people are now questioning whether someone from the same country can even be criticising their country. Amazing how quickly the move has been from Democratic Political values to fascist ones.

It is interesting that having gone through the phase of telling people with critical ideas to move to another country, people are now questioning whether someone from the same country can even be criticising their country. Amazing how quickly the move has been from Democratic Political values to fascist ones.
"From the same country"

:auiqs.jpg:

You two working together ? ;)

Yes of course. This is a tactic as old as government. It never ceases to amaze me how easily many Americans fall inline with protecting and supporting the State, even though they know it is a terrible harmful force.

Yes of course. This is a tactic as old as government. It never ceases to amaze me how easily many Americans fall inline with protecting and supporting the State, even though they know it is a terrible harmful force.
It is quite weird how easy it is for the Government to get people to belittle people who are critical of its actions whereas that is one of the very things which keeps democracy alive. Without even arresting most people, the Government got people to first of all tell people to get out of the country if they do not like it, if they were being critical to now just outright believing they must be a foreigner. Democracy on a Political level knows that if it is to survive it must keep its eye on Government whereas Fascism teaches that its land is the best ever at everything so how could people criticise and that seems to be where the US has moved to in the past 20 years or so.

It is quite weird how easy it is for the Government to get people to belittle people who are critical of its actions whereas that is one of the very things which keeps democracy alive. Without even arresting most people, the Government got people to first of all tell people to get out of the country if they do not like it, if they were being critical to now just outright believing they must be a foreigner. Democracy on a Political level knows that if it is to survive it must keep its eye on Government whereas Fascism teaches that its land is the best ever at everything so how could people criticise and that seems to be where the US has moved to in the past 20 years or so.
Agreed but I’m much more skeptical. I think we are well down the road to Fascism. It’s here right now. This silencing of free speech is a primary example.

Secondly all this talk about our beloved democracy is utter bull shit. We don’t live in a democracy when the only options are two corporatist warmongering political parties who do the bidding of the ultra wealthy and big corporations, while ignoring the will of the people.

Agreed but I’m much more skeptical. I think we are well down the road to Fascism. It’s here right now. This silencing of free speech is a primary example.

Secondly all this talk about our beloved democracy is utter bull shit. We don’t live in a democracy when the only options are two corporatist warmongering political parties who do the bidding of the ultra wealthy and big corporations, while ignoring the will of the people.
I agree with both your positions, but I don't think most people have even begun to see it. They have rather just become conditioned to act that way, though you in the US seem to have two opposing views/parties who in much of what they believe in are much the same but whose main political position appears to be to hate everyone who belongs to the other party. I know I have seen articles suggesting you are ready for the one party state. I have heard other people saying that they believe that fascism now could work in a 'so called' democracy. I can imagine that would be possible in the US except I think the Republican's will push it to........

I don't think we in the UK are as bad at the moment. We were but with Unions rising up again and starting to educate people I have a little hope. Of course Unions are usually one of the first groups fascism comes for. We all should have noticed that in the 90's.

I agree with both your positions, but I don't think most people have even begun to see it. They have rather just become conditioned to act that way, though you in the US seem to have two opposing views/parties who in much of what they believe in are much the same but whose main political position appears to be to hate everyone who belongs to the other party. I know I have seen articles suggesting you are ready for the one party state. I have heard other people saying that they believe that fascism now could work in a 'so called' democracy. I can imagine that would be possible in the US except I think the Republican's will push it to........

I don't think we in the UK are as bad at the moment. We were but with Unions rising up again and starting to educate people I have a little hope. Of course Unions are usually one of the first groups fascism comes for. We all should have noticed that in the 90's.
Many Americans are sleep walking into an authoritarian Fascist society. Others who are paying attention, refuse to believe their own eyes. Americans like to believe they’re independent and can’t be forced by government to do anything they don’t. Of course this is obviously absurd. Americans are easily lead by the elites.

Many Americans have this silly belief that we are the chosen ones. That we have these great freedoms no one else has. This romanticized view leads to lots of problems. They want to believe the US is the best of the best and above criticism.

The war in Ukraine is a good example. I suspect are large majority of Americans support the war and believe Putin is a madman akin to Hitler. Yet their own country has invaded numerous nations, often based on lies and corruption. They fail to see the hypocrisy of their views, because America is the greatest.

Forum List

Back