John Kerry says US farmers must radically transform food production to meet 'net zero' emissions goals by 2030

The things that will be required to protect our biosphere are radical, which is why they won't be done, and which is also why global civilization is fucked. I give us 10-15 years. 20-25 years absolute max.

Civilization will be fine, we just need to quit fighting over the cause, quit trying to stop climate change as it is not going to happen, and prepare for the changes. We need to take advantages to the benefits of the warmer climate and work to mitigate the damage from it

Don't allow the Climate Cult to mess with the food supply.
They are dangerous fanatics.
Humanity has seen this horror before.
maofaminehjhjffjgjhgds.jpg

Civilization will be fine,

It won't.

we just need to quit fighting over the cause,

We won't. The changes that need to be made will represent a direct challenge/threat to the economic and political interests of those who have the $.

When pressed, they will amplify the misinformation and gaslight everyone. The pandemic convinced me that we will not solve this problem. We no longer have shared reality.

quit trying to stop climate change as it is not going to happen, and prepare for the changes.

This is another thing the pandemic convinced me of as well. We won't prepare. And as unprepared as we were for COVID, we are probably a thousand times less prepared for climate change. Part of the problem is that we've improved efficiencies in areas like food and energy production - good things on the surface. But there will be a point at which ecological degradation stresses these systems. And then they will simply collapse, probably without a lot of advanced warning.

We need to take advantages to the benefits of the warmer climate and work to mitigate the damage from it

lol, us and 3-4 billion people who will be abandoning their barely survivable economically unproductive land to join us in the industrialized world.

The things that will be required to protect our biosphere are radical, which is why they won't be done, and which is also why global civilization is fucked. I give us 10-15 years. 20-25 years absolute max.
Does that start in 2006 when Al Jazeera Gore, predicted the same thing, yet in 2016 we were still very well off? And for you, you will probably get T-Boned by a drunk illegal alien who shouldnt of been allowed to cross the southern border, thus killing you well before 10 years from now. You should be worried about the millions of diseased illegals than a clear odorless gas that is for green plants....

It won't.

We won't. The changes that need to be made will represent a direct challenge/threat to the economic and political interests of those who have the $.

When pressed, they will amplify the misinformation and gaslight everyone. The pandemic convinced me that we will not solve this problem. We no longer have shared reality.

This is another thing the pandemic convinced me of as well. We won't prepare. And as unprepared as we were for COVID, we are probably a thousand times less prepared for climate change. Part of the problem is that we've improved efficiencies in areas like food and energy production - good things on the surface. But there will be a point at which ecological degradation stresses these systems. And then they will simply collapse, probably without a lot of advanced warning.

lol, us and 3-4 billion people who will be abandoning their barely survivable economically unproductive land to join us in the industrialized world.
hqdefault.jpg

It is not just economic and political interests of those who have the $.

The changes that would need to be made if humans were the cause of climate change would never be made by humans as you will not get the citizens of modern nations to give up their lifestyles and you will never get humans that are trying to get what we have to give up on that.

The reason we will not prepare is because everything has been made political. We spend too much time throwing shit at each other instead of doing what needs to be done. That is what happens when things are made political.

Actually some of those will come out better with the changing climate than we will

The changes that would need to be made if humans were the cause of climate change would never be made by humans as you will not get the citizens of modern nations to give up their lifestyles and you will never get humans that are trying to get what we have to give up on that.

The reason we will not prepare is because everything has been made political. We spend too much time throwing shit at each other instead of doing what needs to be done. That is what happens when things are made political.

Actually some of those will come out better with the changing climate than we will
My whacky brother in law asked "What IF Global Warming is real"? And i asked "What if the Yellowstone Super Volcano Erupts"? Now global warming has morphed into Climate Change because the Marxists/Demofascists couldnt sell Global Warming with all that Below Zero Winters, now the big sell is Climate Change and the more money you give away to the Marxists Elites the richer they get while making you poorer and poorer by causing your energy prices to necessarily skyrocket. You cant fix stupid, a fool and his money are soon parted....

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
John Kerry, let them eat bugs.

Biden's Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, former Senator John Kerry, made a stunning revelation earlier this month when he spoke about the need to transform the way food is produced in order to lower emissions. The new crusade for climate activists is to reduce emissions that are a result of food production.
"A lot of people have no clue that agriculture contributes about 33 percent of all the emissions of the world," Kerry said, "depending a little bit on how you count it, but it's anywhere from 26 to 33. And we can't get to net zero, we don't get this job done, unless agriculture is front and center as part of the solution. So all of us understand here. The depths of this mission."
First they came for fossil fuels and the energy sector, now they are coming for our sustenance. "The largest source of anthropogenic methane emissions is agriculture, responsible for around one quarter of emissions, closely followed by the energy sector, which includes emissions from coal, oil, natural gas and biofuels," the IEA states.
Reductions in fertlizer, land use, and cows are a big push by the activists who seek to reduce emissions created by food production. One idea that has been put forth to reduce methane emissions caused by cows is to shift to eating bugs, instead. Another idea is to feed cows bugs to reduce fertilizer emissions generated by growing food for cows.

Why have your people, not boycotted Heinz products?

Agreed.

The changes that would need to be made if humans were the cause of climate change

There's no if - we *are* the cause of this climate change. Moreover, we are the cause of ecological destruction beyond just pumping End-Permian era levels of greenhouse gases, which is bad enough; we're also destroying habitats and putting toxins into the air that kill insects. We're killing off populations and we're endangering about 50% of species on the planet. This isn't "sustainable", no matter what many times we throw that label on the packaging of the shit we buy.

would never be made by humans as you will not get the citizens of modern nations to give up their lifestyles

I would agree.

and you will never get humans that are trying to get what we have to give up on that.

I would agree.

Therefore, we're fucked.

I don't disagree, but I also think that our brains adapted to live in the paleo-world, not the one we've created the last 150-200 years.

I used to believe that myself, and that's because modern mass media treats climate change as just some sort of transition to a new normal that we can eventually adapt to through better technology. When you read the data, the research, the modeling, it's only then that one realizes the scale of the problem.

I don't blame people for not thinking and not wanting to think about the problem, though. Even under the best of circumstances, and even if we could somehow get consensus and cooperation on this issue, the kinds of changes required will necessitate massive economic and political changes. It's just easier to watch Netflix and look at Instagram photos.

Does that start in 2006 when Al Jazeera Gore, predicted the same thing, yet in 2016 we were still very well off? And for you, you will probably get T-Boned by a drunk illegal alien who shouldnt of been allowed to cross the southern border, thus killing you well before 10 years from now. You should be worried about the millions of diseased illegals than a clear odorless gas that is for green plants....

If you're worried about illegals crossing the border, then climate change is not your friend. There's going to be constant pressure from migrants wanting to move northward.

I confess that some of my political positions are schizophrenic. I believe in immigration and think that immigration can fill labor gaps, pay taxes to support an elderly population, and so forth. OTOH, scarcity is a thing, and it's going to potentially overwhelm our system if we have waves of migrants.

We're going to have to make some very difficult choices and some choices/policies may conflict with what we consider to be our long-standing values. Myself included.

If you're worried about illegals crossing the border, then climate change is not your friend. There's going to be constant pressure from migrants wanting to move northward.

I confess that some of my political positions are schizophrenic. I believe in immigration and think that immigration can fill labor gaps, pay taxes to support an elderly population, and so forth. OTOH, scarcity is a thing, and it's going to potentially overwhelm our system if we have waves of migrants.

We're going to have to make some very difficult choices and some choices/policies may conflict with what we consider to be our long-standing values. Myself included.
Why are Marxists/Demofascists saying that the United States needs to cut back on our CO2 emissions then allows millions of illegals to come into this country who will need to buy cars, gas guzzlers are all they can afford, houses, usually those that arent energy efficient, and eat very bad diets, thus making more CO2 than closing the southern border and keeping them where they cant harm the US or its people? Oh yeah, Marxists/Demofascists hate US citizens, and want them all dead....

DeathTollCommunism.jpg

Why are Marxists/Demofascists saying that the United States needs to cut back on our CO2 emissions

Not just us, the whole planet.

Oh yeah, Marxists/Demofascists hate US citizens, and want them all dead....

I think even AOC would consider my positions on climate change/ecological overshoot extreme, but I'm just passing along what the scientists are saying. It's an ugly world, an ugly reality we're moving into.

Not just us, the whole planet.

I think even AOC would consider my positions on climate change/ecological overshoot extreme, but I'm just passing along what the scientists are saying. It's an ugly world, an ugly reality we're moving into.
Interesting that over this weekend, the weather has been unusually cool. How can that be if the world is going to be so hot in what did you say, 20 to 25 years from now? What if you are wrong? Too many predictions have been wrong...

A brilliant man. Yes, let's stop food production to fight Climate Change. Who would have ever thought of that?
These people really do believe the rest of us are child-like in intelligence and that we can't see what they're doing. They have a more secure means to control people coming soon. The CBDC will allow them to control what a citizen can or cannot buy. I think that the civil war should begin about the time they try to impose that shit on people.

Forum List

Back