What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joe Manchin wants people to....( Oh the horror!) Work!

kyzr

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You don't even realize you're doing it, do you.

Sad.
Your posts are nonsense. Childish. Moronic. Thanks for playing. You lost. <poof>

bendog

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well if a parent is disabled, I guess he/she should be able to get the tax credits to help pay for stuff for their kids.

BUT, imo, the welfare state of LBJ is directly responsible for the death of the black working class, and the "pandemic" of single women with mult kids by different fathers, and even much of the drug/prison culture catastrophe for blacks.

OP
justoffal

justoffal

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well if a parent is disabled, I guess he/she should be able to get the tax credits to help pay for stuff for their kids.

BUT, imo, the welfare state of LBJ is directly responsible for the death of the black working class, and the "pandemic" of single women with mult kids by different fathers, and even much of the drug/prison culture catastrophe for blacks.
Yep...."I'll have them n****** voting Democrat for the next 100 years"

LBJ

Meathead

Diamond Member
Reaction score

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And your left loon belief that the handicapped can’t work isn’t dealing in reality.

One of my favorite places to shop has a Downs Syndrome guy working there.

I admire him, he's trying to make his way. He's a complete sweetheart also

bendog

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yep...."I'll have them n****** voting Democrat for the next 100 years"

LBJ
Well I don't blame them. If not for LBJ they wouldn't be voting. But the welfare state actually became it's own genocide. Ironically, it is largely self-imposed. Some believe they are owed something for wrongs done to people who are now dead, or that drug dealers are something to be admired.

There are whites who bilk "the system too," but imo its particularly destructive on inner city blacks. There seems more social stigma for being freeloading loser parasite in other "minority" groups .... who came here by choice.

Smokin' OP

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Creating dependency then stealing from others to support it never ends well. You don't burn down the house just because some vermin show up. To get rid of the vermin and drive on.
I know.
Didn't end too well for these people.

The Interstate 35W bridge was one of the busiest in Minnesota before it fell Aug. 1, 2007.
Many leaders saw the disaster, which killed 13 people and injured 145, as a wake-up call about the country’s deteriorating infrastructure.
First responders scrambled to rescue survivors from the debris, including a school bus carrying 52 students and several adults. Navy divers spent two weeks recovering bodies from dark waters full of sharp steel. Federal investigators stayed for months.
The 35W bridge had been rated “structurally deficient,” a term that means in need of repair or replacement, before it fell. It was also “fracture critical,” which means bridges at risk of collapse if a single, vital component fails. While neither category means there is an immediate safety threat, they are red flags.

We shouldn't be SO dependent on getting across a bridge.

Rogue AI

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I know.
Didn't end too well for these people.

The Interstate 35W bridge was one of the busiest in Minnesota before it fell Aug. 1, 2007.
Many leaders saw the disaster, which killed 13 people and injured 145, as a wake-up call about the country’s deteriorating infrastructure.
First responders scrambled to rescue survivors from the debris, including a school bus carrying 52 students and several adults. Navy divers spent two weeks recovering bodies from dark waters full of sharp steel. Federal investigators stayed for months.
The 35W bridge had been rated “structurally deficient,” a term that means in need of repair or replacement, before it fell. It was also “fracture critical,” which means bridges at risk of collapse if a single, vital component fails. While neither category means there is an immediate safety threat, they are red flags.

We shouldn't be SO dependent on getting across a bridge.
I would have no problem with a clean transportation bill to address issues like this.

Rogue AI

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sure you would.
Of course, that would be republican's definition, of 'clean'.
NEVER gonna happen.
How would the definition of clean be any different for either party? Clean simply means pertaining to issue at hand. Meaning no pork.

Smokin' OP

Platinum Member
Reaction score
How would the definition of clean be any different for either party? Clean simply means pertaining to issue at hand. Meaning no pork.
Like I stated, it will never happen.
'Pork' will always be a part of every bill.

AZrailwhale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, isn't that the same type of excuse/explanation you right wingers put forward when advancements and adjustments in our social safety nets are proposed??
"Pull yourself up by your bootstraps"...well, kinda hard to do that when you are confined to a wheelchair.

Hey Tiger..ever sat in a wheelchair for an extended period of time?? I have...and it's not a picnic....and I gotta say, bringing up coal miners constantly does your side's argument no good.
Those jobs are being slowly eliminated...by the companies and people that actually employ them..not by environmental laws...or Democrats..or liberals...or progressives.
There are lots of jobs wheelchair bound people can to. Any kind of work at a desk for instance.

AZrailwhale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This. I knew this was on the horizon in the next ten years or so but the pandemic sped it up to a point where it's now right here in front of us. Honestly, you really have to work two, maybe three jobs in an unskilled capacity to just meet basic living needs??..Yikes.
Next big ticket item to come up?? Affordable housing. $2500/month for a two bedroom apartment??? Sheesh.
If you are unskilled, learn a skill. If apartments are too expensive to afford where you live- move somewhere cheaper. That’s what I’ve always done, lived where I could afford to live.

Last edited:

AZrailwhale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, sorry hun. Again. Firsthand experience. Life isn't black and right...:auiqs.jpg:
For example. Sit in a wheelchair for 5 or 6 hours..then try to roll up to a keyboard
and type (not code) for a bit. Just type. Type a letter...then get back to me.
If you are really disabled you are going to be in that wheelchair all your waking hours anyway. Why does working make things worse? When I’ve been in pain having something else to concentrate on made it more bearable.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Posters to this board…please send me money so I can stay at home.

Just DM me and I will give you the phone number to Venmo me some $¥£

maybelooking

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Posters to this board…please send me money so I can stay at home.

Just DM me and I will give you the phone number to Venmo me some $¥£
its amazing people can't see this is the exact same thing!!! but its ok if it aligns with their political views.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List