Joe Biden's tough road ahead on religious freedom

He is a good Catholic as far as I know.
How is a good Catholic defined? Proclaiming abortion is fine doesn't quite hit the mark of a good Catholic. When it is proclaimed to the public, then it can keep one away from the Sacraments, and good Catholics generally wish to remain close to their sacramental life.

I plain just don't trust him. He would trample on the religious beliefs of others

How is a good Catholic defined? Proclaiming abortion is fine doesn't quite hit the mark of a good Catholic. When it is proclaimed to the public, then it can keep one away from the Sacraments, and good Catholics generally wish to remain close to their sacramental life.

The only reason is he is known, that doesn't make him a sinner. The Priest should give him the host every time he desires it. I am pro choice and I always received the host, even though I have not been to mass for several years, many upon many Catholics are pro choice and they receive the host.
Also many do not go to confession, even if they sin, and they still receive the host.

The only reason is he is known, that doesn't make him a sinner. The Priest should give him the host every time he desires it. I am pro choice and I always received the host, even though I have not been to mass for several years, many upon many Catholics are pro choice and they receive the host.
Also many do not go to confession, even if they sin, and they still receive the host.
Actually, to advocate for abortion in public settings is a serious sin, one that does place one in the state of personal excommunication, which is why often times both Pelosi and Biden have been denied communion. You may be pro-abortion (I refuse to call it pro-choice) but that does not mean you tell the public you favor it. More Catholics are pro-life, as the Church teaches that life is one of our greatest gifts. You know that.

Then how can anyone vote for a person of whatever faith, not just Catholic,

A public official has a duty to represent all the people, not just those of his/her own faith. A candidate who states that s/he will follow all of the tenets of his/her faith in setting public policy if elected necessarily means that the voter will have to vote according to whether they want the rules of the candidate's faith as public policy/law that would apply to all, not just people of the candidate's faith, and would have to judge both the candidate and the leaders of this candidate's faith. But wouldn't a voter who decides that a candidate is unacceptable because of their religion be called a bigot? Every public official must keep his/her faith personal and separate from official duties. If someone wants to act on all the tenets of their faith, they should become clergy, not a public official.

A public official has a duty to represent all the people, not just those of his/her own faith. A candidate who states that s/he will follow all of the tenets of his/her faith in setting public policy if elected necessarily means that the voter will have to vote according to whether they want the rules of the candidate's faith as public policy/law that would apply to all, not just people of the candidate's faith, and would have to judge both the candidate and the leaders of this candidate's faith. But wouldn't a voter who decides that a candidate is unacceptable because of their religion be called a bigot? Every public official must keep his/her faith personal and separate from official duties. If someone wants to act on all the tenets of their faith, they should become clergy, not a public official.
I did not comment on whether or not I feel Mr. Biden is a good public official--or even a good person. My comment was based on him being a good Catholic. Mr. Biden may feel his higher calling is to be a good public official.

Keep in mind that there were probably many public officials in the nineteenth century who felt their duty as a public official was to pass the Fugitive Slave Act. They may have been against slavery, and never engaged in slavery themselves, but when push came to shove, they had to regard runaway slaves as someone's property. Their elections or re-elections may have depended on this.

What do people think now of elected officials who were personally not in favor or slaves, yet voted for the Fugitive Slave Act? In the same way, I believe there will come an era in the future where our descendants are just as horrified about abortion as we, today, are about owning slaves. They will wonder how citizens could have voted them into office.

In voting, each one of us needs to decide, not what is best for oneself, or even best for one's religion, but rather what is best for the nation. That is my duty as a citizen. Now, people may think I am wrong, but my vote in 2016 was against the DC Machine and its Propaganda Media. While Mr. Trump was by no means my first pick for the Republican nomination, when it came time for me to vote, I enthusiastically voted for him because I saw in him the best chance we had/have to disrupt the DC machine and its propaganda. I truly hope that one day the Democratic Party will return to its own roots, but until it does, I vote straight Republican. I loathe the politics and machinations of both Mrs. Clinton and Mrs. Pelosi. I see, in Mr. Biden, someone who the machinery wants to use. I (along with some others) see this as elder abuse. Mr. Biden deserves better. If it serves the Machine's purpose, it will steamroll Joe Biden. And I don't care what kind of Catholic he is, no man deserves what is happening to him.

(PS: By the way, I don't believe the Republican Party is pure of heart. They are simply less efficient in building and maintaining their own machine.)

A Catholic who can't keep his hands off of little children.
He takes his cue from the Pope, the Cardinals, the Bishops and the Priests.
There it is - that “special” Christian behavior.
Yes, I do tell the truth.

The clergy of the RCC includes many priests that are moved from diocese to diocese to coverup their molestation of choir boys...and the knowledge of it goes all the way to the top.

Fuck your religious beliefs.

That IS my religious belief...

roman_orgy14.jpg

להיות פורה ולהתרבות

The clergy of the RCC includes many priests that are moved from diocese to diocese to coverup their molestation of choir boys...and the knowledge of it goes all the way to the top.
Oh, stop already. You are relating what was occurring prior to the 1980s, and omitting the fact that our public school teachers were moved from school to school for the same reason. The press chose to focus on the Catholic Church when the problem was prevalent throughout society--the majority, as is now, the abuse of children by family members. When we learned that no one--no organization (including priests, rabbis, non-Catholic ministers, etc) was guilt-free of this, society, rightly, began an uproar--and wrongly, directed their anger at the organization, that percentage wise, had the least number of child abuse cases. No matter, as a Catholic, I feel the Catholic priesthood should have zero, and the Church (meaning its parishioners as well as innocent priests) began taking steps to insure this could not happen again.

One of the first things they did was ignore the prevalent psychiatric recommendation that the offender take one of their seminars and, when possible, be removed from the area where the offense happened so they could start anew. (We of the press knew about these psychiatric knew of these seminars, and that there were more teachers and those who worked more closely with children--i.e., the current Boy Scout scandal in the news--than priests did but did not largely report it.)

Within twenty years, the Catholic Church and the solutions it implemented, was the example most often used on how and what other organizations should put in place to protect children. Today, families and public schools are still the number one cover-ups for those who abuse children.

Your statement should have started, "Forty years ago..." Get current; tell the truth. Our Catholic priests are some of the finest men we can ever hope to meet. (And so are family members, Boy Scout leaders, teachers, etc.)

Oh, stop already. You are relating what was occurring prior to the 1980s, and omitting the fact that our public school teachers were moved from school to school for the same reason. The press chose to focus on the Catholic Church when the problem was prevalent throughout society--the majority, as is now, the abuse of children by family members. When we learned that no one--no organization (including priests, rabbis, non-Catholic ministers, etc) was guilt-free of this, society, rightly, began an uproar--and wrongly, directed their anger at the organization, that percentage wise, had the least number of child abuse cases. No matter, as a Catholic, I feel the Catholic priesthood should have zero, and the Church (meaning its parishioners as well as innocent priests) began taking steps to insure this could not happen again.

One of the first things they did was ignore the prevalent psychiatric recommendation that the offender take one of their seminars and, when possible, be removed from the area where the offense happened so they could start anew. (We of the press knew about these psychiatric knew of these seminars, and that there were more teachers and those who worked more closely with children--i.e., the current Boy Scout scandal in the news--than priests did but did not largely report it.)

Within twenty years, the Catholic Church and the solutions it implemented, was the example most often used on how and what other organizations should put in place to protect children. Today, families and public schools are still the number one cover-ups for those who abuse children.

Your statement should have started, "Forty years ago..." Get current; tell the truth. Our Catholic priests are some of the finest men we can ever hope to meet. (And so are family members, Boy Scout leaders, teachers, etc.)
Nah...the RCC screwed up a long time ago when it dictated that its clergy must be celibate. They were too stupid to understand that sexual desires naturally reside in 99.9% of mammals regardless of their attempts to be "holy". I hard prick has no conscience.

I don't recall claiming that all priests are unable to keep their behavior with the bounds of accepted morality. A bell curve exists for all large samples. No doubt there are members of the RCC clergy that have never molested and will not ever molest youth. The same applies to all adult teachers, coaches, scout leaders, etc. It's the requirement of celibacy for the RCC clergy that causes their bell curve to be higher on the pervert side.

Sexual pleasure is a gift from God. It should not be denied by edict from a pompous pope.

Forum List

Back