Jimmy Carter, oldest ever

Once AGAIN....

>> The Algeria Declaration was a set of agreements between the United States and Iran to resolve the Iran hostage crisis, brokered by the Algerian government and signed in Algiers on January 19, 1981.[1] The crisis arose from the takeover of the American embassy in Tehran on November 4, 1979, and the taking hostage of the American staff there. By this accord the 52 American citizens were set free and able to leave Iran. --- Wikipedia, the free repository of what the rest of us call "Reality" while snowflaked losers desperately try to rewrite history

I'm afraid what you "remember" is Duh Liburrul Media portraying Reagan swearing in at the same time the hostages were freed after months of diplomatic work, implying he had something to do with it while playing down all the work Carter and Christopher did to get it done. Again ---- without firing a shot. Then again you also "remember" ten times the number of hostages so ----------- there's that.

DARN that liburrul media anyway.

Some POTUSes spend their last day in office shooting a slew of pardons out like a baseball game hot dog launcher.
Carter spent his bringing 52 Americans home. There ain't nuttin' you can do about that.

Sorry, but no, laddie. The one thing that got those hostages freed was the fact that Jimmy Cater was LEAVING and that Ronny Reagan was coming in. Carter was a problem collector, hostages, oil and gas crisis, etc., Ronny was a problem eliminator, the airport traffic controllers, USSR, hostages, Berlin wall, you name it, ol' Ron took care of it.

Jimmy was best for pardoning draft dodgers, opposing the B1 bomber, hurting the coal workers, his crisis of confidence, cabinet members dropping like flies, creating the DOE, inflation, recession, and record low approval. The voters chucked his ass for Reagan and the rest his history---- we went from one of the worst ever to one of the best ever presidents. Took a Republican like Reagan to turn the nation and the world back around from the inept peanut bungling of Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter was a nice guy that was way in over his head. To this day I remember his deer in the headlights addresses to the nation!

"When the known facts change, I change my mind. What do you do sir?"

Here, finally, is the answer. "Me? Why I dispute facts by claiming to know what was in the minds of people I've never met in places I haven't visited by taking a flight that didn't exist to sit in on negotiations I wasn't part of in a hotel that hadn't yet been built. You know that "October Surprise" where Bush flew to Paris to undermine negotiations? That wasn't Bush, that was me. And I guarantee, I speak for them and their intentions. History? Schmistory. You gonna believe me or your lyin' eyes?"

Denialists will contort themselves into pretzels rather than admit they were the W word.

But! But! You're the fella that never changes your opinion on anything! Carter will be gone before years end, then you won't have to defend him anymore as one of the worst presidents ever.

No I don't think so. I put Carter on my list of the Not-Dead Pool this year, those over 90 who will still be exhaling CO2 at year's end. I'm standing on that.

You just killed poor Jimmy for sure.

I think he's got the years that his parents and siblings all lost. He's there to drive the average Carter age up to normal.

Still building houses, still teaching Sunday school. Bush lived to 94 and wasn't anywhere near Carter's level of activity.

.....he didn't want to use the military for the Hostage Crisis---then when he did, it was a STUPID plan
...he should've geared up the B52s......Iran committed an ACT OF WAR

Perhaps they did. The point in this instance is ---------- WE DIDN'T.

And you know what that means? It means they failed and we won.

If that's too "Christian" for ya, go to hell. :)
who failed??the Iranians won that

.....he didn't want to use the military for the Hostage Crisis---then when he did, it was a STUPID plan

Did they now.

How many hostages died? How many hostages never got released?

When I think of the Carter presidency, I think of high unemployment, high inflation, and the emboldening of Islamist aggression.

His habitat for Humanity stuff is cool, but it doesn't make up for all the rest, especially considering how much money he rakes in coming from Islamic interests which he has long championed.

Didn't see this posted anywhere so I picked the most appropriate forum.... as of last Friday 3/22, Jimmy Carter became the oldest ex-POTUS in American history at 94 years 172 days, surpassing George H.W. Bush who passed away in December.

>> "Both President and Mrs. Carter are both determined to use their influence for as long as they can to make the world a better place, and millions of the world's poorest people are grateful for their resolve and heart," [a Carter Center spokeswoman] added, "...we at The Carter Center sure are rooting for him and grateful for his long life of service that has benefited millions of the world's poorest people."

As the winner of a Nobel Peace Prize and three separate Grammys, President Jimmy Carter can now add being the oldest living US president to his long and impressive resume. <<​

He still builds houses with Habitat for Humanity and teaches Sunday school (video at the link)

Carter is the only POTUS since Herbert Hoover, who left office when Carter was 8 years old, who never dropped a bomb, never started a war, never fired a shot, which is in context at least as impressive as the above accomplishments although it should be standard procedure. However according to Carter his greatest accomplishment his 72-year marriage to his wife Rosalyn.

I thought he led an unsuccessful military plan to forcibly remove the hostages in Iran?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hostage-rescue-mission-ends-in-disaster

If the plane had not crashed, bullets would have been fired.

All it did was add to his overall picture of being ineffective and weak.

Today's democrats, however, are OK with infusing America's sworn enemy with billions of dollars that Obama gave them.

Last edited:
Didn't see this posted anywhere so I picked the most appropriate forum.... as of last Friday 3/22, Jimmy Carter became the oldest ex-POTUS in American history at 94 years 172 days, surpassing George H.W. Bush who passed away in December.

>> "Both President and Mrs. Carter are both determined to use their influence for as long as they can to make the world a better place, and millions of the world's poorest people are grateful for their resolve and heart," [a Carter Center spokeswoman] added, "...we at The Carter Center sure are rooting for him and grateful for his long life of service that has benefited millions of the world's poorest people."

As the winner of a Nobel Peace Prize and three separate Grammys, President Jimmy Carter can now add being the oldest living US president to his long and impressive resume. <<​

He still builds houses with Habitat for Humanity and teaches Sunday school (video at the link)

Carter is the only POTUS since Herbert Hoover, who left office when Carter was 8 years old, who never dropped a bomb, never started a war, never fired a shot, which is in context at least as impressive as the above accomplishments although it should be standard procedure. However according to Carter his greatest accomplishment his 72-year marriage to his wife Rosalyn.

I thought he led an unsuccessful military plan to forcibly remove the hostages in Iran?

Today's democrats, however, are OK with infusing America's sworn enemy with billions of dollars that Obama gave them.

I guess you're trying to say "Democrats"? Who knows, we can't speak for blogosphere comic book fantasies.

Carter didn't "lead" that fiasco, Zbigniew Brzezinski did. Brzezinski was one of those klowns who believed in doing things by force. Sec of State Vance resigned in protest over it. And it was aborted before it got started due to pooly conditioned equipment, so it wasn't going to happen anyway.

I guess you're trying to say "Democrats"? Who knows, we can't speak for blogosphere comic book fantasies.

Carter didn't "lead" that fiasco, Zbigniew Brzezinski did. Brzezinski was one of those klowns who believed in doing things by force. Sec of State Vance resigned in protest over it. And it was aborted before it got started due to pooly conditioned equipment, so it wasn't going to happen anyway.

I see, so Carter was not in control of any of this, including who was to oversee it.

See, this sort of passing the buck does little to redeem his reputation, does it.

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
they held the greatest nation hostage for over a year
they toyed with us--COLLEGE kids
and then we looked even more impotent/stupid with the Eagle Claw disaster
big loss for the US

I see, so Carter was not in control of any of this, including who was to oversee it.

See, this sort of passing the buck does little to redeem his reputation, does it.

Ironic limb to climb out to for a wag who just went with a "what if" argument AND a whatabout.

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

Once again ---- how many died? How many didn't return?

Here's a guy to help figure that out.

AAuE7mB6uIKE8IwnWlTvACs74GmhBVehZck5cDoGpw=s300-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

As noted before, war is the ultimate human Failure. Carter failed to achieve it.

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

As noted before, war is the ultimate human Failure. Carter failed to achieve it.
sure--we should've just let the Japanese MURDER more Americans
..war is necessary sometimes
..you live in fairytale land/unreality

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

...Carter FAILED--plain simple

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

good thing England had Churchill and not pussman Carter in WW2

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

I state simple truths: War is the ultimate human Failure, and Carter wasn't part of one. No other POTUS since Hoover can say that.

Period.

Fatter o' mact not only did Carter note that fact with pride, Hoover ran on it too, themeing his 1928 run on the motto "peace and prosperity".

Y'all warmonger bloodlusters forget that peace is a goal, not some kind of slur.

Last edited:

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

I state simple truths: War is the ultimate human Failure, and Carter wasn't part of one. No other POTUS since Hoover can say that.

Period.

Fatter o' mact not only did Carter note that fact with pride, Hoover ran on it too, themeing his 1928 run on the motto "peace and prosperity".

Y'all warmonger bloodlusters forget that peace is a goal, not some kind of slur.
very wrong--you DO live in fairytale land--the land of unreality
War IS a part of humans..there has been and always will be war
it can't be a failure if it is a human '''trait'''
humans fight/bicker/HATE/etc
hate is a human '''trait'''

Did they now.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

Period.

Yeah sure.

As long as klowns like you waddle around with that self-fulfilling prophecy, you'll continue to fuck up the world for the rest of us.

We should just have y'all self-identify and line you up to compete in a coliseum where you can bash each other to bits to your hearts' content.

hahahh
boy --this is too easy
big loss for the US

Period.

Yeah sure.

As long as klowns like you waddle around with that self-fulfilling prophecy, you'll continue to fuck up the world for the rest of us.

We should just have y'all self-identify and line you up to compete in a coliseum where you can bash each other to bits to your hearts' content.
= BULLSHIT
you don't even know what you just posted
FACT = there have always been wars
there are wars NOW
war is not a failure of the humans
it's like saying breathing is a failure of humans

Period.

Yeah sure.

= BULLSHIT
there are wars NOW

As I just said ---- self-fulfilling prophecy. You get what you aspire to.
Inasmuch as this is your aspiration, on behalf of humanity thank you very little. Bottom line, aggression is a choice, not a fate.

Oh and if you didn't notice breathing doesn't kill anybody. It does the opposite.

In closing ---- DUH.

Period.

Yeah sure.

= BULLSHIT
there are wars NOW

As I just said ---- self-fulfilling prophecy. You get what you aspire to.
Inasmuch as this is your aspiration, on behalf of humanity thank you very little. Bottom line, aggression is a choice, not a fate.

Oh and if you didn't notice breathing doesn't kill anybody. It does the opposite.

In closing ---- DUH.
......so if killing is a TOTAL choice--please explain how over 85% of murders are committed by males
..or how blacks commit murder at FOUR times the rate of whites
!!!!!!!!! you CANNOT explain it except the MALES are ''programmed''/made to be aggressive = this is beyond obvious --these numbers are too high
..you can believe in evolution or creation, but males are much, much, much more aggressive than females
....why do females '''''choose''' to be much less aggressive IF there is TOTAL free will/choice?

Forum List

Back