JHU says Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Johns Hopkins reacts to Carson?s homosexuality comments ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Dr. Paul Rothman defended Carson's right to make the comments, which were made in a recent television appearance and not associated with his responsibilities at the school, but said "we recognize that tension now exists in our community because hurtful, offensive language was used."

"Dr. Carson is well known for his accomplishments as a neurosurgeon and for his contributions to the Baltimore community," Rothman wrote. "While his recent comments are inconsistent with our core values, Dr. Carson has the right to participate in public debates and media interviews and express his personal opinions on political, social and religious issues. We strongly value freedom of expression and affirm Dr. Carson's right, as a private citizen, to state his personal views."

So I go here:

The Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan at Johns Hopkins

I read a lot via their Link and I'm still not getting what JHU is saying about "Core Values"...

Seems to me that they are Striving for Ethnic Diversity... Even setting Goals of having a 20% Minority by 2020... Regardless of Qualifications, I'm sure. :thup:

But isn't Ben Carson part of that "Core Value" already?...

BenCarsonScrubs-620x599.jpg

^He Black...

And if Diversity of Thought is also a Goal, then you'd Think this wouldn't Bother JHU:

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

Again... JHU took time to Illustrate that Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values.

I'm still missing what they are talking about.

Seems to me, from what I've read on their Site, he is EXACTLY what they are Striving for in their Core Values.

Does JHU Believe Dr. Carson is Racist?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

Johns Hopkins reacts to Carson?s homosexuality comments ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Dr. Paul Rothman defended Carson's right to make the comments, which were made in a recent television appearance and not associated with his responsibilities at the school, but said "we recognize that tension now exists in our community because hurtful, offensive language was used."

"Dr. Carson is well known for his accomplishments as a neurosurgeon and for his contributions to the Baltimore community," Rothman wrote. "While his recent comments are inconsistent with our core values, Dr. Carson has the right to participate in public debates and media interviews and express his personal opinions on political, social and religious issues. We strongly value freedom of expression and affirm Dr. Carson's right, as a private citizen, to state his personal views."

So I go here:

I read a lot via their Link and I'm still not getting what JHU is saying about "Core Values"...

Seems to me that they are Striving for Ethnic Diversity... Even setting Goals of having a 20% Minority by 2020... Regardless of Qualifications, I'm sure. :thup:

^He Black...

And if Diversity of Thought is also a Goal, then you'd Think this wouldn't Bother JHU:

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

Again... JHU took time to Illustrate that Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values.

Seems to me, from what I've read on their Site, he is EXACTLY what they are Striving for in their Core Values.

peace...

The term "bigot" is more apt.

Institutions that rely on wealthy donors cannot afford to appear to hold backward views, because most donors do not want to be associated with such things.

Giving to Johns Hopkins

So I go here:

^He Black...

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

peace...

Institutions that rely on wealthy donors cannot afford to appear to hold backward views, because most donors do not want to be associated with such things.

Giving to Johns Hopkins

I'm still not getting it... You are calling this Black Man a Bigot?...

peace...

If JHU feels that strongly about it, maybe they ought to terminate him. Would that help improve donations?

peace...

Giving to Johns Hopkins[/QUOTE]

peace...[/QUOTE]

Yes. He compared gay people to pedophiles and animal f***ers:

Ben Carson on Sean Hannity: Gay marriage looped with NAMBLA and bestiality.

If JHU feels that strongly about it, maybe they ought to terminate him. Would that help improve donations?

No they just have to give themselves cover by saying they don't agree, but they tolerate his peculiar beliefs.

peace...

Giving to Johns Hopkins

peace...[/QUOTE]

Ben Carson on Sean Hannity: Gay marriage looped with NAMBLA and bestiality.[/QUOTE]

Actually, in my opinion, no he did not. He compared various lifestyles that are nothing like the definition of marriage and said that they would not get to define marriage. Perfectly logical.

Comparisons like that are made all the time. Like when liberals compare the gay community trying to redefine marriage, whether you agree or not, to that of the Civil Rights movement. I do not see being black and being gay as being equal. THAT comparison I think should have people up in arms but it doesn't seem to bother anyone especially blacks. Not sure why.

peace...

Giving to Johns Hopkins

peace...

Ben Carson on Sean Hannity: Gay marriage looped with NAMBLA and bestiality.

Actually, in my opinion, no he did not. He compared various lifestyles that are nothing like the definition of marriage and said that they would not get to define marriage. Perfectly logical.

Comparisons like that are made all the time. Like when liberals compare the gay community trying to redefine marriage, whether you agree or not, to that of the Civil Rights movement. I do not see being black and being gay as being equal. THAT comparison I think should have people up in arms but it doesn't seem to bother anyone especially blacks. Not sure why.

Obviously marriage has been redefined numerous times over history. If it had not men would have multiple wives and keep them all in separate tents :rolleyes:

Crackpot Doom Scandal: "Traditional Marriage"

Last edited:

So I go here:

^He Black...

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

peace...

Ben Carson Apologizes to Johns Hopkins Community -- Daily Intelligencer

So I go here:

^He Black...

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

peace...

Giving to Johns Hopkins

peace...

Yes, indeed. He, in fact, is a bigot. He went completely off on the gay community, and he's a Stephin Fetchit negro apologist for the Republican Party, hence, he is pandering to them, for his political aspirations.

Hopkins has people from all over the world and all sorts of backgrounds working together and strives to be inclusive of all. Comparing people the way he did to members of NAMBLA or practitioners of beastiality, regardless of the spin put on his comments by conservative media, is antithetical to the ethos of the organization and a poor choice of words from someone who should have known better.

Hopkins has people from all over the world and all sorts of backgrounds working together and strives to be inclusive of all. Comparing people the way he did to members of NAMBLA or practitioners of beastiality, regardless of the spin put on his comments by conservative media, is antithetical to the ethos of the organization and a poor choice of words from someone who should have known better.

That Extremely Valid Comparison REALLY Pisses the Left off...

Is JHU Inclusive of Muslims with Multiple Wives?...

Beating Wives?...

Stoning them if they Cheat on you?...

Executing Homosexuals?...

They do Embrace Muslims from the Middle East, correct?...

I Know for a FACT that they do. :thup:

They Stomach that Animalistic Shit and Welcome them with Open Arms yet Ben makes a Valid Comparison Regarding the Marriage Debate in this Country and you'd think he'd Beheaded a Homosexual and then Crucified him...

Yet that was the Kingdom that did that recently.

I wonder what kind of Donations JHU Accepts from the Royalty in Saudi Arabia while they Ignore FAR more than Questionable Opinions of Educated American Blacks?...

peace...

Beating Wives?...

They Stomach that Animalistic Shit and Welcome them with Open Arms yet Ben makes a Valid Comparison Regarding the Marriage Debate in this Country and you'd think he'd Beheaded a Homosexual and then Crucified him...

I wonder what kind of Donations JHU Accepts from the Royalty in Saudi Arabia while they Ignore FAR more than Questionable Opinions of Educated American Blacks?

You're doing the same thing that Carson did, taking a subject that involves acceptance and inclusion and talking about beatings and stonings. As for multiple wives, I'm sure there have been a few patients from the ME that have had more than one wife. They come for medical treatment, it's not the institution's place to pass judgement on their cultural norms.

This is an easy one...The OP doesn't know what JHU core values are but also claims that Dr Carson fits their core values..the same core values the OP says hes unclear about

So he doesn't know the core values but knows that Carson fits the core values...amazing

Beating Wives?...

I wonder what kind of Donations JHU Accepts from the Royalty in Saudi Arabia while they Ignore FAR more than Questionable Opinions of Educated American Blacks?

You're doing the same thing that Carson did, taking a subject that involves acceptance and inclusion and talking about beatings and stonings. As for multiple wives, I'm sure there have been a few patients from the ME that have had more than one wife. They come for medical treatment, it's not the institution's place to pass judgement on their cultural norms.

Except for the Black Communty's that Ben Carson is a part of, Correct?...

I bet the Saudi Royalty wouldn't allow a Gay Nurse in the Room...

Where are they at on that?...

How about NOT Avoiding my Examlpes of what Mainstream Islam does in the ME and the Fact that JHU Employees Muslims who support it?...

Why no callout of them?...

peace...

This is an easy one...The OP doesn't know what JHU core values are but also claims that Dr Carson fits their core values..the same core values the OP says hes unclear about

So he doesn't know the core values but knows that Carson fits the core values...amazing

I linked their Core Values... There is nothing there but Racial Diversity and Goals for Hiring based on Race...

Carson fits that.

What the FUCK else are they talking about?...

Because I can't find anything that they have Published reagrding their Core Values.

peace...

Carson is an unequivocal bigot. He deployed the tired tactic of trying to equate homosexuality with pedophilia and bestialiaty.

In every topic about gay marriage, it is inevitable some dickhead will come along and equate being gay to pedophilia and/or bestiality and/or incest. It never fails. Carson is one of those dickheads.

This is the bigot's way of "proving" homosexuality is harmful. Since they can't actually prove it is harmful to society, they must try to connect it to activities that actually are harmful to society.

Carson is an asshole bigot.

And someone should inform him that marriage was already redefined, in his own lifetime. It was redefined from "two people of the same race", motherfucker! And that really pissed off a bunch of bigoted bible thumping right wingers at the time, too. But our country had grown up enough to no longer give a flying fuck how they felt about it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back