JHU says Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values

He Apologized to Avoid further issues with JHU... It's Politics.

:)

peace...

He apologized for the way he said what he did, not for saying it.

Fact is he made no comparison to gays and pedophiles and only a liberal idiot would think he did.

Dr. Ben Carson stood by his claim on Fox News that legalizing gay marriage opens the door to pedophilia and bestiality, but suggested he might have chose his words better if he had a second chance.

peace...

Fact is he made no comparison to gays and pedophiles and only a liberal idiot would think he did.

Dr. Ben Carson stood by his claim on Fox News that legalizing gay marriage opens the door to pedophilia and bestiality, but suggested he might have chose his words better if he had a second chance.

He lumped pedophiles and the practices of bestiality with consenting adults. No amount of spin will unsay that.

His bigotry does not reflect the values of the university which is why he was disinvited as commencement speaker.

peace...

He lumped pedophiles and the practices of bestiality with consenting adults. No amount of spin will unsay that.

His bigotry does not reflect the values of the university which is why he was disinvited as commencement speaker.

If the shoe fits.

peace...

And why he found it necessary to apologize.

If the shoe fits.

So you're going back on your original statement, that he didn't mean to do that? Figures...

Johns Hopkins reacts to Carson?s homosexuality comments ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Dr. Paul Rothman defended Carson's right to make the comments, which were made in a recent television appearance and not associated with his responsibilities at the school, but said "we recognize that tension now exists in our community because hurtful, offensive language was used."

"Dr. Carson is well known for his accomplishments as a neurosurgeon and for his contributions to the Baltimore community," Rothman wrote. "While his recent comments are inconsistent with our core values, Dr. Carson has the right to participate in public debates and media interviews and express his personal opinions on political, social and religious issues. We strongly value freedom of expression and affirm Dr. Carson's right, as a private citizen, to state his personal views."

So I go here:

The Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan at Johns Hopkins

I read a lot via their Link and I'm still not getting what JHU is saying about "Core Values"...

Seems to me that they are Striving for Ethnic Diversity... Even setting Goals of having a 20% Minority by 2020... Regardless of Qualifications, I'm sure. :thup:

But isn't Ben Carson part of that "Core Value" already?...

BenCarsonScrubs-620x599.jpg

^He Black...

And if Diversity of Thought is also a Goal, then you'd Think this wouldn't Bother JHU:

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

Again... JHU took time to Illustrate that Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values.

I'm still missing what they are talking about.

Seems to me, from what I've read on their Site, he is EXACTLY what they are Striving for in their Core Values.

Does JHU Believe Dr. Carson is Racist?... :dunno:

peace...

Their core values are liberal values not conservative values.

I am for fiscal conservatism and limited government. What he said is not reflective of conservative beliefs. If we don't get to change the definition of marriage, you don't get to change the definition of conservatism.

I'm still not getting it... You are calling this Black Man a Bigot?...

peace...

Yes, indeed. He, in fact, is a bigot. He went completely off on the gay community, and he's a Stephin Fetchit negro apologist for the Republican Party, hence, he is pandering to them, for his political aspirations.

Very few of your own kind accept gays. Guess they're all bigots too.

Dr. Carson reflects a VAST Majority of Black's Views on Gays.

That really Pisses White Liberals Off but they don't have the Lady Balls to call them out on it...

Unless they can Uncle Tom a Conservative Black like they are Carson.

peace...

Yes, indeed. He, in fact, is a bigot. He went completely off on the gay community, and he's a Stephin Fetchit negro apologist for the Republican Party, hence, he is pandering to them, for his political aspirations.

Very few of your own kind accept gays. Guess they're all bigots too.

Dr. Carson reflects a VAST Majority of Black's Views on Gays.

That really Pisses White Liberals Off but they don't have the Lady Balls to call them out on it...

Unless they can Uncle Tom a Conservative Black like they are Carson.

peace...

Uh, he does not, in fact. And unfortunately for you, you can't speak to the matter with any authority. And the label of "Uncle Tom" is used as a adjective and a noun...but not a verb.

peace...

You are an idiot if you think the "we must legalize pedophilia and bestiality" argument is not comparing gays to pedophiles and bestiality.

This is precisely why the slippery slope argument is called a logical fallacy.

So Carson was Harrassing someone?

My comment wasn't about Carson. It was about your faulty example of what Core Values means at Hopkins.

That being said, what would you call it if a group you associated with was compared to pedophiles and practitioners of beastiality? Don't know if you're one, but could hunters be so accused because they go out into the woods to look for ANIMALS with their SONS?!?! :eek:

Horrible Analogy... Did you give that some Thought before Posting it?...

Take issue with what Carson said...

Post his Words, and then take him to Task...

If you can. :thup:

peace...

Equating gay marriage to pedophila and bestiality is an equally horrible analogy. THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT.

Again... JHU took time to Illustrate that Ben Carson doesn't Reflect their Core Values.

Seems to me, from what I've read on their Site, he is EXACTLY what they are Striving for in their Core Values.

Hopkins has people from all over the world and all sorts of backgrounds working together and strives to be inclusive of all. Comparing people the way he did to members of NAMBLA or practitioners of beastiality, regardless of the spin put on his comments by conservative media, is antithetical to the ethos of the organization and a poor choice of words from someone who should have known better.

INCLUSIVE to all except those who don't THINK like they do...then they throw you out of the TENT
how firggen funny..typical liberal though, you have to have that "groupthink or out you go

Last edited:
Johns Hopkins reacts to Carson?s homosexuality comments ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

"Dr. Paul Rothman defended Carson's right to make the comments, which were made in a recent television appearance and not associated with his responsibilities at the school, but said "we recognize that tension now exists in our community because hurtful, offensive language was used."

"Dr. Carson is well known for his accomplishments as a neurosurgeon and for his contributions to the Baltimore community," Rothman wrote. "While his recent comments are inconsistent with our core values, Dr. Carson has the right to participate in public debates and media interviews and express his personal opinions on political, social and religious issues. We strongly value freedom of expression and affirm Dr. Carson's right, as a private citizen, to state his personal views."

So I go here:

The Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan at Johns Hopkins

I read a lot via their Link and I'm still not getting what JHU is saying about "Core Values"...

Seems to me that they are Striving for Ethnic Diversity... Even setting Goals of having a 20% Minority by 2020... Regardless of Qualifications, I'm sure. :thup:

But isn't Ben Carson part of that "Core Value" already?...

BenCarsonScrubs-620x599.jpg

^He Black...

And if Diversity of Thought is also a Goal, then you'd Think this wouldn't Bother JHU:

Dr.+ben_carson.jpg

But clearly... It does.

Does JHU Believe Dr. Carson is Racist?... :dunno:

peace...

Their core values are liberal values not conservative values.

I am for fiscal conservatism and limited government. What he said is not reflective of conservative beliefs. If we don't get to change the definition of marriage, you don't get to change the definition of conservatism.

Yes his stance on gay marriage is a social conservatives position.

This from you beloved Huffpo"Social Conservatives To GOP: Maintain Anti-Gay Marriage Stance Or We'll Abandon Republican Party".

Conservative: Marriage is the union of one man and one woman
Liberal: Marriage is the union of people who love each other.

peace...

You are an idiot if you think the "we must legalize pedophilia and bestiality" argument is not comparing gays to pedophiles and bestiality.

This is precisely why the slippery slope argument is called a logical fallacy.

You have no idea what I think you retarded puke!

I was quoting Carson and he was saying that it could open a door to pedophila....etc.

Please learn to read before you go off on a rant.

It has opened the door to pedophilia.

I cited and linked an article today where an atheist loon was proclaiming that there are "degrees" of sex abuse (of children) but that catholicism was without exception always more harmful.

Seriously.

And people on this site have argued that mandatory reporting needs to go away because it puts pedophiles on the spot, and might force them to lie and break the law.

remember folks how the liberal-left is all INCLUSIVE until you go against something they champion..then it's out the door for you

remember folks how the liberal-left is all INCLUSIVE until you go against something they champion..then it's out the door for you

Sorry, but my liberal play book does not say we have to approve of bigotry. We have to allow it to spout it's hatefulness, but we get to call it out as bigotry and hatefulness.

Sorry, but my liberal play book does not say we have to approve of bigotry. We have to allow it to spout it's hatefulness, but we get to call it out as bigotry and hatefulness.

yeah sure, because you are all so high and mighty that you are the judge and jury of people

you people don't fool anyone about how INCLUSIVE AND TOLERANT you are SUPPOSE to be

Last edited:

yeah sure, because you are all so high and mighty that you are the judge and jury of people

you people don't fool anyone about how INCLUSIVE AND TOLERANT you are SUPPOSE to be

Bigotry should never be tolerated.

Forum List

Back