Jews involved in the destruction of the temple in the first century

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
maybe at one time born to jewish parents but non practicing jews, like Josephus either really a Roman or a traitor jew

Tiberius Julius Alexander (fl. 1st century) was an equestrian governor and general in the Roman Empire. Born into a wealthy Jewish family of Alexandria but abandoning or neglecting the Jewish religion, he rose to become procurator of Judea (c. 46 – 48) under Claudius. While Prefect of Egypt (66 – 69), he employed his legions against the Alexandrian Jews in a brutal response to ethnic violence, and was instrumental in the Emperor Vespasian's rise to power. In 70, he participated in the Siege of Jerusalem as Titus' second-in-command.[1]

Tiberius Julius Alexander - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

maybe at one time born to jewish parents but non practicing jews, like Josephus either really a Roman or a traitor jew

Tiberius Julius Alexander (fl. 1st century) was an equestrian governor and general in the Roman Empire. Born into a wealthy Jewish family of Alexandria but abandoning or neglecting the Jewish religion, he rose to become procurator of Judea (c. 46 – 48) under Claudius. While Prefect of Egypt (66 – 69), he employed his legions against the Alexandrian Jews in a brutal response to ethnic violence, and was instrumental in the Emperor Vespasian's rise to power. In 70, he participated in the Siege of Jerusalem as Titus' second-in-command.[1]

yeah? so?. Caiaphas----the ass licker of rome was also born into a jewish family------he even advocated the crucifixtion of Pharisees like Jesus. John Gotti and Adolf Hitler were both baptized catholics

I know of no actual evidence that Josephus was a "non practicing" jew-------there is none. His writings advocated the jewish cause------with some restraint since he was enslaved to a roman family

I know of no actual evidence that Josephus was a "non practicing" jew-------there is none. His writings advocated the jewish cause------with some restraint since he was enslaved to a roman family

Since you have never read the NT you can't understand the linkage. You probably have not even read Josephus.

The main question is, how did he live through the siege and capture of Masada...

thanks for thanking moonie----penny dear----you have ONCE AGAIN PROVEN your scholarly erudition------
Moonie-----Josephus was not at Masada. I know you love penny-----but you should find better sources

The main question is, how did he live through the siege and capture of Masada...

thanks for thanking moonie----penny dear----you have ONCE AGAIN PROVEN your scholarly erudition------
Moonie-----Josephus was not at Masada. I know you love penny-----but you should find better sources
He wrote of the siege while supposedly being there...What sources should I be using?

Since you have never read the NT you can't understand the linkage. You probably have not even read Josephus.

what "linkage" I have read enough of the lengthy works of Josephus to have a grasp of that which he said ----which you do not. I have read the New Testament---probably before you were born------what POINT are you struggling to make that you describe as "linkage"? You never read JOSEPHUS---you simply pull your comments out of the shit of a big pile of islamo Nazi propaganda

He wrote of the siege while supposedly being there...What sources should I be using?

writing in the first person was a matter of style------the fact is that Josephus was MOST LIKELY NOT THERE----and writes by information he learned from actual witnesses. The NT is full of PERSONAL FIRST PERSON stuff related to Jesus----that was actually written long after Jesus died----and by people who never met him.

writing in the first person was a matter of style------the fact is that Josephus was MOST LIKELY NOT THERE----and writes by information he learned from actual witnesses. The NT is full of PERSONAL FIRST PERSON stuff related to Jesus----that was actually written long after Jesus died----and by people who never met him.

He is not writing in the first person except for his ? biography.

it is not entirely clear just what parts are actually HIS biography. There is no question that as a LEADER he advocated accommodation to the romans----as a means of saving the situation. The ACCOMODATE OR DIE debate has been going on amongst jews for millennia when facing filth like you, Penelope. Josephus was of the SCHOOL OF ACCOMODATION rather than die. He did survive and he wrote his history from whatever sources he could find-----likely in the first person if no one else survived to do it. That was his ----self perceived "mission" apparently. Since romans like him a lot-----he probably had even roman witnesses from whom to gain information

He was already in Rome with Titus and became a Roman citizen before Masada. Leaves lots of questions.

it is not entirely clear just what parts are actually HIS biography. There is no question that as a LEADER he advocated accommodation to the romans----as a means of saving the situation. The ACCOMODATE OR DIE debate has been going on amongst jews for millennia when facing filth like you, Penelope. Josephus was of the SCHOOL OF ACCOMODATION rather than die. He did survive and he wrote his history from whatever sources he could find-----likely in the first person if no one else survived to do it. That was his ----self perceived "mission" apparently. Since romans like him a lot-----he probably had even roman witnesses from whom to gain information

Yes Josephus was from a wealthy family. He had most likely been a convert long before the war.

Yes Josephus was from a wealthy family. He had most likely been a convert long before the war.

a convert from what to what?
("most likely" <<<<<roflmao @ Penelope wishful thinking)

He was already in Rome with Titus and became a Roman citizen before Masada. Leaves lots of questions.

what is your question, penny dear. I can probably help you to understand

No you can't , unless you ask him. Can you conjure up the deceased?

Last edited:

No you can't , unless you ask him.

ask who? Penny seems to believe that Josephus is a MYSTERY-----no dear----he ain't--

God warned Biblical Israel what would happen when they disobeyed the covenant laws. God would allow Israel to be destroyed (Lev. 26:27-39). God is longsuffering and has always saved a remnant of the core faithful Jews......those that obeyed God's law. Israel sinned against God and God kept His vow......that Israel would be driven from its lands of promise (Deut. 4:25-28, Deut. They would cease being a whole nation (Deut. 8:19-20)

First the northern tribes were removed from the land. (2 Kings 17:7-18) because they had grievously sinned. Then the other tribes sinned and were removed (2 Kings 23:26-27) Because of the longsuffering/patience of God, He declared that after 70 years a remnant would be allowed to return to the land. (Jer. 25:8-13, Isa. 10:20-23).

God made good and allowed a remnant of Israel to return to the land ............with individuals such as Ezra, Zerubbabel, and Nehemiah being the 1st..... But as a broken potters jar God allowed Israel to be pieced together again.....but it would never be complete or whole as it was in its former days of greatness.........and it remained as such until the days of Jesus (Jer. 19:7-13)...........then a NEW COVENANT would come from God in the form of the Messiah of Promise (Jer. 31:31-34) "unlike the law of Moses" but residing within the heart of the believer, not written on stone.

Today.......its not hard to understand. There is no salvation outside Christ Jesus. Only through Jesus can men approach the Father and be saved through the advocacy of Jesus. (Acts 4:12..........Jesus is the way, THE ONLY WAY, -- John 14:6)

Today there is no special favor from God toward the nation calling itself modern Israel. LINEAGE MEANS NOTHING TO GOD. (Luke 3:4). What is important (just as declared in Jer.) is THE HEART, not physical things such as the practice of circumcision. (Rom. 2:28-29).

Historically (as documented in the Old Scriptures) Israel has been just as guilty of sin as the gentile nations (Rom. 3:9-10).

The same gospel (word of truth) saves both Jew and Greek (Rom. 1:16),

The Jews and gentiles have been brought into one body. Reconciled into one body (Eph. 2:11-18). The past mystery (concerning salvation) has been revealed (Eph. 3:6). Today there is only one body, one nation that is the elect of God.........the CHURCH/KINGDOM that Christ established (Eph. 4:4, Eph. 1:22-23).

Everyone on earth was condemned by sin, including the Jews and gentiles alike .......so there could be a new covenant founded upon a belief/faith that rests in one's heart .........that new covenant is now the standard to calibrate righteous worship. (Gal. 3:22)

The Old Laws that created the nation of biblical Israel were only temporary until the SEED (Jesus) should come (Gal. 3:19). That seed is Christ (Gal. 3:16)

The Old Law preserved the faithful from season to season until Christ came and then the Old Law ended. (Gal. 3:24-25)

Now, today we are all one in Christ, one nation of believers and heirs to the promise made to Abraham (Gal. 3:25-29)

Its through the faith that rests in your heart that you become heirs of Abraham.......not physical lineage (Gal. 3:29)

The world has been grafted into the original branch .......adopted by God through a belief in Jesus. As He did in the past God saved a faithful remnant of the Jewish nation (those who accepted Jesus during the 1st 10 years of Christianity, as the first gentile convert did not happen until a decade after the chruch/kingdom was established).

Jesus even told the generation in which He lived that that their Kingdom (biblical Israel) would be taken from them by God and given to another (Matt. 21:24) He told them this because they were about to kill the Son of God.

God's patience ended.

Today. The blind Jew can have his/her sight restored by simply accepting Christ Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of God as described (Gal. 3:24-29).

Penny, habibity ----you never did comment on from what and to
what Josephus Flavius converted

Forum List

Back