Jewry

They chose G-d.

He offered that deal to others, but they turned it down.
Most of your own tribe no longer believe in God. They believe it’s all a fairytale.

one thing for certain though, what you just wrote is wrong. That’s allegory.

Like you'd know?
100%

Stop reading every passage of the Torah literally.

Make me.
It’s your mistake to make.

You don't decide that.

Who do you think you are?

Most of your own tribe no longer believe in God. They believe it’s all a fairytale.

one thing for certain though, what you just wrote is wrong. That’s allegory.

Like you'd know?
100%

Make me.

You don't decide that.

Time decides because error can’t stand. Eventually is fails. I have plenty of time.

I wonder if Mindful can explain how the 1st 11 chapters of the Torah ended up in the Chinese written language 800 years before Moses recorded it in writing?

100%

Make me.

You don't decide that.

Time decides because error can’t stand. Eventually is fails. I have plenty of time.

Lucky you.

Are you going to self isolate?
I’m working from home until mid April, so yeah.

I wonder if Mindful can explain how the 1st 11 chapters of the Torah ended up in the Chinese written language 800 years before Moses recorded it in writing?

One of your trick gotcha questions? :nono:

I could probably go into it, if I had all day and all night. But I have to go out and get some provisions, instead of devoting my time to you.

Ask Confucious.

They have some nice synagogues in China.

because it's been plagiarized to death.....and resurrection ding

pagan-meme-e1495822908696.jpg

~S~

So I'm not suppose to be critical of a Pope who chastises Trump building walls while ignoring the genocide of abortion?
I think if the Pope and the Vatican realized how many drugs and how much human trafficking was coming over the border, they would feel far differently. Vatican City has walls...and their immigration policy is much stricter than that of the United States.

I am all ears.

Are you saying that the Catholic church has not tried to cover this stuff up in the past or are you saying they have just started to do so?
I was in news reporting at the time. Fresh from journalism school, we were taught to notice what was left on the cutting room floor. Here are just a few things. First. child molesters were equally distributed all throughout society--doctors, churches, synagogues, sports, clubs, and schools--with perhaps schools being the worse. The Catholic Church was below the national average in such things. Second, psychiatrists recommended that molesting priests go through their programs and then be reassigned to a different parish. Third, priests and bishops were beginning to tell the psychiatrists that their programs and recommendations did not work, did not work, did not work. At this time the news media decided to break the child molestation problem all throughout society--but to only focus on the Catholic Church.

As a Catholic, I am glad they did because the Catholic Church (in the US) became the model on how to change and set up new protections for children. Many of us in the Church were a part of that. We might have the lowest percentage of molesters, but we wanted the numbers to be ZERO. This all came about in the 80s. Forty years later non-Catholics (and even lapsed Catholics) still think we are back in the 1950s-1970s. We're not. In the United States the United States Conference of Bishops and the parishioners have been working for forty years to insure things that happened fifty years ago do not happen again.

Interesting, isn't it, that if you were molested by a priest fifty years ago, there is a link for you. If you were one of the more likely to have been molested by a family member (greatest likelihood for molestation) or a school employee (schools having one of the worst percentages) too bad. Your family and the tax payers of school districts can't afford such suits.

Is the Catholic Church perfect? No. But we do not have to look far to find agencies (news media included) who have even worse failures. And unlike some of these others, the Church is still striving for perfection.

Good lord- it would be refreshing to actually discuss a linked article- I know reading is not something many want to do, but, I assure you it can be enlightening which can't be said for the personal attacks or stupid rhetoric defending the indefensible- like this and many other threads degrade to-

But, let me, an unwashed, play along- as I've stated many times I don't get the admiration, the devotion, the adoration the worshiping of jews by christians in light of the fact jewry is an enemy of christian doctrine- the article linked in the OP pointed out some pretty conspicuous evidence that jews despise christians- and no, I'm not fascinated by jews- I'm appalled at the ignorance of christians which is what I question.

A couple other things: 1), if jews are already chosen why bother? (2), if God will save you from yourself why bother? (3), why did an omnipotent completely ignore the western hemisphere for his demagoguing? Inquiring minds want to know.

OP pointed out some pretty conspicuous evidence that jews despise christians- and no, I'm not fascinated by jews- I'm appalled at the ignorance of christians which is what I question.
I've known for quite some time what (some) Jews despise is Christianity (not necessarily Christians, unless a Christian group is trying to convert Jews). What do you expect when a group feels that their own long held, heart-felt beliefs are being painted over by another, larger group? There is also a great number of Christians and Jews who believe both faiths can peacefully co-exist. As it is, what do you expect when some in the larger group try to change the meaning of what was written in Jewish scriptures?

People become very protective of what is of most importance to them. Heritage and religion probably top that list.

A couple other things: 1), if jews are already chosen why bother? (2), if God will save you from yourself why bother? (3), why did an omnipotent completely ignore the western hemisphere for his demagoguing? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jews were chosen for a specific purpose--to be a light to the Gentiles--and they have been just that. In addition, God chooses many people for many things. Jews can point to where God chose a non-Jew to further one event or another.

We all have it within ourselves to create of ourselves a beautiful vessel. If we choose ugliness, God may save us from utterly destroying ourselves...but we are still what we create. It is not God working on us, but rather God working with us.

Reaching the Western Hemisphere in a different way is not the same as ignoring it. Some inhabitants were quite cognizant of the Great Spirit. The stories of how God touches individuals is not often covered in history books. History books seem more interested writing about nations than in writing about the average person living in that time period.

Reaching the Western Hemisphere in a different way is not the same as ignoring it. Some inhabitants were quite cognizant of the Great Spirit.
Yet- Manifest Destiny by stupid fucks. Murdering "savages", savagely because the only good Indian is a dead Indian because they don't worship the god we demand is omnipotent so lets do the christian thing and round them up after starving them and put them in open cages so we can benefit- sorry, that shit don't wash with me bud.

Forum List

Back