Jewish group demands apology after MPs honoured man who fought for Nazis

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is why you hire the right people to do the proper research. Our Jewish brothers and sisters are rightrully offended. This is embarassing and insu!ting to the memory of so many Jews who died and the allies who fought the same ilk of the man being cheered. The invite came from the Speaker, NOT our PM. On Yom Kippur too. Jewish group demands apology after MPs honoured man who fought for Nazis.
OTTAWA - Several Jewish advocacy organizations condemned members of Parliament on Sunday for giving a standing ovation to a man who fought for a Nazi unit during the Second World War.
During Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's visit to Ottawa on Friday, MPs honoured 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka, who fought for the First Ukrainian Division, in the House of Commons.
Hunka was invited by Speaker Anthony Rota, who introduced him.

Last edited:
This is why you hire the right people to do the proper research. Our Jewish brothers and sisters are rightrully offended. This is embarassing and insu!ting to the memory of so many Jews who died and the allies who fought the same ilk of the man being cheered. The invite came from the Speaker, NOT our PM. On Yom Kippur too. Jewish group demands apology after MPs honoured man who fought for Nazis.
OTTAWA - Several Jewish advocacy organizations condemned members of Parliament on Sunday for giving a standing ovation to a man who fought for a Nazi unit during the Second World War.
During Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's visit to Ottawa on Friday, MPs honoured 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka, who fought for the First Ukrainian Division, in the House of Commons.
sheeesh---he was probably 18 ----leave the poor schnook alone

IMG_4714.jpeg

Unless he committed atrocities, this is a politically correct nothing-burger.

May be. To have our government stand and applaud him, it is unacceptable. His orders would be to kill Allied troops and he was not in a nice regiment.
all true----but it was a mistake ---the jerk who cited him apologized---no need to twist the knife It is good to advise CITERS to beware

Shocking thing that this is happening in an allied country. We have to ask every single supporter who has the Ukraine flag in their background if they at admire Adolf Hitler and the third Reich. I have asked these people, and they have ignored me. I’ve asked a number of them the question five or six times. They’ve ignored it every time. I’ve even told him it’s OK to have an opinion I might end up disagreement with you. That’s all.

The cowardice of these pro Ukrainian keyboard warriors is there for all the see.

There’s bad guys in every country of the world, including in Russia, Adam ukraine. But according to the news reports, Ukraine is the only country in the world that has neo Nazi serving in the regular military. So it should be denounced. It’s really a straightforward, simple thing just go ahead and denounced that for the people that support Ukraine. It’s one thing to admire a regular every day Ukrainian fighting for his country… the United States, and Canada should demand that Ukraine ousts it’s Nazis from us, military or else give them no money. It is sickening and deplorable to the world that this is happening. I say this because our ancestors fight on the beaches of Normandy against the third Reich.

The amount of trolling and disturbing behavior from some, but not all Ukraine supporters on topics like this is telling it’s there for all the sea.

I can’t believe that Canada did this. They are honoring people who fought against the Ally’s. It is a disgrace.

It would literally be like an American politician, giving honor to somebody who fought against the allies in World War II. I can’t even believe that this is happened. I know I’m kind of repeating myself, but this is ridiculous.

Hey, it’s the same BLM supporters , far lefties They have no problem giving money to Nazis in Ukraine. They are sick in the head.

It’s one thing to support Ukraine… but if somebody lives in a country, like England, Canada, United States of America, they have to denounce the Nazis at fight for Ukraine. It would literally make no sense, not to, because after all, it was our countries along with the Soviet union, who stood on the Allied side during World War II.

This is all common sense stuff. I’m refraining from using foul language, even though I want to because I’m gonna be a bigger person

For anybody here that support Ukraine..like shockedcanadian I would ask you to keep on asking those with an Ukraine flag in their avatar if they support or admire the third Reich. Keep on asking them until they answer the question if they don’t answer the question then you know what you’re dealing with.

You rightfully condemned the third Reich. It is your right to support Ukraine, but you rightfully condemned the third Reich. Now I would ask you to keep in mind some of your fellow supporters of Ukraine and the ideology that they might carry.

May be. To have our government stand and applaud him, it is unacceptable. His orders would be to kill Allied troops and he was not in a nice regiment.
It’s not just about the holocaust. This is as you are basically saying about remembering the legacy of the Americans and the Ally’s who fought on the Allied side in World War II. Some of these people were our ancestors.

I’ve talked with American Ww2 veterans, and they always say the greatest generation was the World War II generation.

all true----but it was a mistake ---the jerk who cited him apologized---no need to twist the knife It is good to advise CITERS to beware
If I read the story correctly, they all knew that they were honoring somebody who fought against the Soviets during World War II. Putting 2+2 together that would leave No doubt you’re talking about somebody who fought for the third Reich, Italy Or The Empire of Japan,. This wasn’t a mistake.

The real question to ask is why did this ever happened in the first place. Imagine for a moment, some pro Ukrainian congressmen in America saying you know what we’re gonna do we’re going to honor some Ukrainian soldier who fought against the Soviet Union during World War II.

The man who honored the Ukrainian soldier knew exactly what he was doing. This By all logic cannot be called a mistake.

It would kind of be like somebody who doesn’t like Israel saying “let’s honor somebody who fought against Jewish Extremists during World War II” it’s stupid.

They could’ve simply honored somebody who is currently fighting with the Ukrainian army right now in 2023.

Shocking thing that this is happening in an allied country. We have to ask every single supporter who has the Ukraine flag in their background if they at admire Adolf Hitler and the third Reich. I have asked these people, and they have ignored me. I’ve asked a number of them the question five or six times. They’ve ignored it every time. I’ve even told him it’s OK to have an opinion I might end up disagreement with you. That’s all.

The cowardice of these pro Ukrainian keyboard warriors is there for all the see.

There’s bad guys in every country of the world, including in Russia, Adam ukraine. But according to the news reports, Ukraine is the only country in the world that has neo Nazi serving in the regular military. So it should be denounced. It’s really a straightforward, simple thing just go ahead and denounced that for the people that support Ukraine. It’s one thing to admire a regular every day Ukrainian fighting for his country… the United States, and Canada should demand that Ukraine ousts it’s Nazis from us, military or else give them no money. It is sickening and deplorable to the world that this is happening. I say this because our ancestors fight on the beaches of Normandy against the third Reich.

The amount of trolling and disturbing behavior from some, but not all Ukraine supporters on topics like this is telling it’s there for all the sea.
in my vaunted opinion---the UKRAINIANS are nazis thing is propaganda. There is no
question that Ukraine has a long history of serious antisemitism but that was true all over
the christian and muslim world-----Lots of people have gotten over it just as lots of southern boys are no longer out to lynch blacks. Even Rome eventually gave up crucifixion and feeding people to lions----we can't blame CHEF BOYARDEE. Propagandists are shameless opportunists

in my vaunted opinion---the UKRAINIANS are nazis thing is propaganda. There is no
question that Ukraine has a long history of serious antisemitism but that was true all over
the christian and muslim world-----Lots of people have gotten over it just as lots of southern boys are no longer out to lynch blacks. Even Rome eventually gave up crucifixion and feeding people to lions----we can't blame CHEF BOYARDEE. Propagandists are shameless opportunists
This is not about propaganda, this is not about supporting Russia. This is not about supporting Ukraine.

All people, Jews, Christians, and Muslims have a history of bigotry, and also a history of doing good things for the world like helping the poor, helping people from different backgrounds

I’m sure that Ukraine has a history of good and bad just like any other country. The Ukrainian military is not a Nazi military, but it is well documented that a small number of them are Nazis and supporters of the third Reich.

But the point is, this was not a mistake. Everybody who decided it was OK to applaud somebody because they were fighting against Russia and fighting for the third Reich disgraced the memory of the allies of World War II.

People can support whoever they want. It’s somebody’s right to admire the third Reich. But it’s just odd and bizarre for somebody from an allied country to engage in that type of behavior.

This is not about propaganda, this is not about supporting Russia. This is not about supporting Ukraine.

All people, Jews, Christians, and Muslims have a history of bigotry, and also a history of doing good things for the world like helping the poor, helping people from different backgrounds

I’m sure that Ukraine has a history of good and bad just like any other country. The Ukrainian military is not a Nazi military, but it is well documented that a small number of them are Nazis and supporters of the third Reich.

But the point is, this was not a mistake. Everybody who decided it was OK to applaud somebody because they were fighting against Russia and fighting for the third Reich disgraced the memory of the allies of World War II.

People can support whoever they want. It’s somebody’s right to admire the third Reich. But it’s just odd and bizarre for somebody from an allied country to engage in that type of behavior.
check out the crusaders----they murdered jews along the way and all but genocided
the jews of Jerusalem in the 12th century-----Richard the lion-hearted-----great crusader
guy, on return from the crusades, murdered the jews of York. Robin Hood didn't care

I can’t believe that Canada did this. They are honoring people who fought against the Ally’s. It is a disgrace.

It would literally be like an American politician, giving honor to somebody who fought against the allies in World War II. I can’t even believe that this is happened. I know I’m kind of repeating myself, but this is ridiculous.

Hey, it’s the same BLM supporters , far lefties They have no problem giving money to Nazis in Ukraine. They are sick in the head.

It’s one thing to support Ukraine… but if somebody lives in a country, like England, Canada, United States of America, they have to denounce the Nazis at fight for Ukraine. It would literally make no sense, not to, because after all, it was our countries along with the Soviet union, who stood on the Allied side during World War II.

This is all common sense stuff. I’m refraining from using foul language, even though I want to because I’m gonna be a bigger person
Canada didn't do this, the Speaker did. He has apologized and is passionately asking people not to politicize it. Unfortunately he realizes he could be forced to fall on the sword. The issue is that clearly people didn't do their homework in the most sensitive of issues, war.

Canada didn't do this, the Speaker did. He has apologized and is passionately asking people not to politicize it. Unfortunately he realizes he could be forced to fall on the sword. The issue is that clearly people didn't do their homework in the most sensitive of issues, war.
I don’t think this is about politicizing this. And I’m not doing that because I don’t support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

This guy who was the speaker of the Canadian assembly …., Knew what he was engaging in. So he should expect the criticism he has coming his way along with everybody who was willingly applauding for somebody who fought against the Russians in World War II. You can’t say those kind of people don’t know what World War II was because that will be their only excuse. Somebody who is in the Canadian parliament should know the difference between an allied personnel and an axis personnel during World War II. This is basic history.

For anybody here that support Ukraine..like shockedcanadian I would ask you to keep on asking those with an Ukraine flag in their avatar if they support or admire the third Reich. Keep on asking them until they answer the question if they don’t answer the question then you know what you’re dealing with.

You rightfully condemned the third Reich. It is your right to support Ukraine, but you rightfully condemned the third Reich. Now I would ask you to keep in mind some of your fellow supporters of Ukraine and the ideology that they might carry.

I agree!

Here is Ukraine's Azov Battalion of Neo Nazis that people who support Zelenky and his Government are going for. :(

1695605107578.png

1695605122983.png

Forum List

Back