Jesus vs Muhammad: Who’s the moral exemplar?

Another difference between the two is that Muhammad was, apparently, a real person.

il_340x270.705441110_9fg6.jpg
Get this: Muslims worship allah which originated as a pagan god, worship a pagan rock, and practice pagan rituals on hajj.

Joke, right?

The religion of this Jesus guy was stolen from other, older religions and much of it is based on pagan beliefs.

I don't know of anything original in christianity.

I don't have any use for any religion but you gotta admit,^^^ that's a beautiful written language^^^. Their music is beautiful as well. Same with christian music.

Um, Jesus was a devout Jew.

I don't know how devout he was but yes, he was a Jew.

Sorry I wasn't more clear but I was referring, partly, to that with the line "I don't know of anything original in christianity."

Jesus wore fringes reflecting his Orthodox Jewish faith. He’s called “Rabbi” in the Gospels

Jesus preached to love your neighbor as yourself.
Luke 14:26 Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.

Luke 14:26 Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.

And you actually think Jesus taught to hate your family? Strange how nobody else has picked that up

Metaphor for making sacrifices to follow him

And you actually think Jesus taught to hate your family? Strange how nobody else has picked that up
Funny every translation says the same thing and it does NOT sound like a metaphor.

Luke 14:26
New International Version

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

English Standard Version

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Berean Study Bible

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple.

Berean Literal Bible

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters and yes, even his life, he is not able to be My disciple.

New American Standard Bible

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

King James Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, and even his own life--he cannot be My disciple.

International Standard Version

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, as well as his own life, he can't be my disciple.

NET Bible

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother, and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

New Heart English Bible

"If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

“Whoever comes to me and does not hate his father and his mother and his brothers and his sisters and his wife and his children and even himself, he cannot be my disciple.”

New American Standard 1977

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Jubilee Bible 2000

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brethren and sisters, and even his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

King James 2000 Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

American King James Version

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

American Standard Version

If any man cometh unto me, and hateth not his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Douay-Rheims Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Darby Bible Translation

If any man come to me, and shall not hate his own father and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life too, he cannot be my disciple;

English Revised Version

If any man cometh unto me, and hateth not his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Webster's Bible Translation

If any man cometh to me, and hateth not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Weymouth New Testament

"If any one is coming to me who does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes and his own life also, he cannot be a disciple of mine.

Young's Literal Translation

'If any one doth come unto me, and doth not hate his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, and yet even his own life, he is not able to be my disciple;

Funny every translation says the same thing and it does NOT sound like a metaphor.

Luke 14:26
New International Version

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

English Standard Version

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Berean Study Bible

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be My disciple.

Berean Literal Bible

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters and yes, even his life, he is not able to be My disciple.

New American Standard Bible

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

King James Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

"If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, and even his own life--he cannot be My disciple.

International Standard Version

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, as well as his own life, he can't be my disciple.

NET Bible

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother, and wife and children, and brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

New Heart English Bible

"If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English

“Whoever comes to me and does not hate his father and his mother and his brothers and his sisters and his wife and his children and even himself, he cannot be my disciple.”

New American Standard 1977

“If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Jubilee Bible 2000

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brethren and sisters, and even his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

King James 2000 Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

American King James Version

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Darby Bible Translation

If any man come to me, and shall not hate his own father and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, yea, and his own life too, he cannot be my disciple;

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

If any man cometh to me, and hateth not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Weymouth New Testament

"If any one is coming to me who does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes and his own life also, he cannot be a disciple of mine.

Young's Literal Translation

'If any one doth come unto me, and doth not hate his own father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brothers, and sisters, and yet even his own life, he is not able to be my disciple;

It’s called a parable. Jesus was saying that followers should be prepared to pay the cost of following him

So what do you have to say about the cheap prostitutes whom I mentioned. Whores. All of them. The cheapest of of the cheap. The scum that we Americans put up with. Every one of them is a person with no worth and not worthy of any respect. And these are the cheap whores who want to explore the sex lives of decent, everyday Americans, like the prostitute who recommended that an American keep an aspirin between her knees. I don't know what American he was aiming his "advice" at, but he's the whore, not her.

They don’t blow up bombs or behead unbelievers or force Christianity on others

But they have in the past.

Its been said that Muslims now are where christians were.

Lysistrata has a good point. Clean up your own back yard and that means behaving according to what (you apparently believe) Jesus taught.

View attachment 154219

Jesus was a moral exemplar. Muhammad was not

finally!!!! someone answered the question!!!!

This question hasn't been answered. Who were the greater moral examples? Muslims because they obey the violence dictated in the Koran, or the Christians who disobey
why do the silly back and forth bantering----the question was easy-----which of the TWO-----Muhummad, Jesus----was by teaching and life-----the MORAL GUY?

Earliest biographies of Jesus are entitled Gospels, recording the “good news”

Earliest biography of Muhammad is entitled Book of Raids, recording his caravan hijackings, wars and battles

Who’s the moral example?
I have to say Muhammad. His followers did as he instructed. Jesus' followers did not.

is English a language you know?

Sure do.

So which religion's followers are a greater "Moral Example"? Muslims because they follow the violent teachings Mohamed taught, or the Christians who did the opposite of the peaceful messages that Jesus gave?
Your answer doesn't pertain to the question..

It pierces to the very heart of this question. What is the benefit of saying that Jesus' 'message of peace' is superior to Mohamed's message of violence when Jesus' followers ignored that message of peace? Given that the message of peace had to be ignored so that Christianity could survive and prosper.

Another difference between the two is that Muhammad was, apparently, a real person.

Get this: Muslims worship allah which originated as a pagan god, worship a pagan rock, and practice pagan rituals on hajj.

Joke, right?

The religion of this Jesus guy was stolen from other, older religions and much of it is based on pagan beliefs.

I don't know of anything original in christianity.

I don't have any use for any religion but you gotta admit,^^^ that's a beautiful written language^^^. Their music is beautiful as well. Same with christian music.

Um, Jesus was a devout Jew.

I don't know how devout he was but yes, he was a Jew.

Sorry I wasn't more clear but I was referring, partly, to that with the line "I don't know of anything original in christianity."

If you read the NT and had any idea as to the lives and times of important personalities of the time in which Jesus lived------rather than depending on your sunday school teacher and
idiotic candy coated "THE CHRISTMAS STORY" plays for
history----THEN you would understand that Jesus was a typical Pharisee jew of his time.

Luke never met Jesus and did not even know the language
in which Jesus spoke-----he was a GREEK thru and thru with
no knowledge about Jesus other than what he was TOLD

A key characteristic of a prophet is that of moral exemplar for mankind to emulate. Based on this criterion, who was the true moral exemplar and prophet, Jesus or Muhammad?

Let’s compare and contrast: Jesus exhorted to love your enemies and pray for your persecutors, OTOH, Muhammad had his adversaries assassinated and even genocided in the case of the Jews. He had a female poet Asma bint Marwan stabbed to death, nursing her child, merely for criticizing him in poetry. He’s quoted as boasting that the way to paradise is by the sword. OTOH, Jesus warned that he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

Jesus preached to love your neighbor as yourself. Muhammad preached that only Muslims are liked by Allah. He killed his neighbors who disagreed

On a personal level, Jesus did not marry while Muhammad had a veritable harem with 10+ wives at the same time, during a long stage of his life. Perhaps most notorious among his wives were a 6-yr-old child Aisha (Muhammad was in his 50s) and a former daughter-in-law Zaynab, a scandal that shocked the public as it constituted incest in Arab culture

In terms of conduct, Muhammad and his followers robbed caravans in order to support themselves Indeed, the Koran entices Muslims with promises of “booty” and large-breasted maidens in paradise, sanctioned by “Allah” In fact, an entire book was needed to record Muhammad’s many raids, battles and wars, aptly called Book of Raids

Jesus and his followers supported themselves by doing honest, modest work.

Muhammad is quoted as sanctioning the rape of female slaves captured on such caravan raids and conflicts, and encouraged rape without birth control. Jesus did no such horrible thing

Muhammad was a warmonger who incited numerous battles including the first civil war, Medina and Mecca. Jesus was a man of peace who died for his beliefs while Muhammad murdered others for his beliefs

These are just a few contrasts between Jesus and Muhammad...Jesus was clearly the moral exemplar for humanity.
Well, let's see who I would choose:

a. An Arab warlord who steals, murders, rapes and marries and has sex with a little girl.
or
b. The world's first Hippie.

My vote is for the Hippie.

A key characteristic of a prophet is that of moral exemplar for mankind to emulate. Based on this criterion, who was the true moral exemplar and prophet, Jesus or Muhammad?

Let’s compare and contrast: Jesus exhorted to love your enemies and pray for your persecutors, OTOH, Muhammad had his adversaries assassinated and even genocided in the case of the Jews. He had a female poet Asma bint Marwan stabbed to death, nursing her child, merely for criticizing him in poetry. He’s quoted as boasting that the way to paradise is by the sword. OTOH, Jesus warned that he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword.

Jesus preached to love your neighbor as yourself. Muhammad preached that only Muslims are liked by Allah. He killed his neighbors who disagreed

On a personal level, Jesus did not marry while Muhammad had a veritable harem with 10+ wives at the same time, during a long stage of his life. Perhaps most notorious among his wives were a 6-yr-old child Aisha (Muhammad was in his 50s) and a former daughter-in-law Zaynab, a scandal that shocked the public as it constituted incest in Arab culture

In terms of conduct, Muhammad and his followers robbed caravans in order to support themselves Indeed, the Koran entices Muslims with promises of “booty” and large-breasted maidens in paradise, sanctioned by “Allah” In fact, an entire book was needed to record Muhammad’s many raids, battles and wars, aptly called Book of Raids

Muhammad is quoted as sanctioning the rape of female slaves captured on such caravan raids and conflicts, and encouraged rape without birth control. Jesus did no such horrible thing

Muhammad was a warmonger who incited numerous battles including the first civil war, Medina and Mecca. Jesus was a man of peace who died for his beliefs while Muhammad murdered others for his beliefs

These are just a few contrasts between Jesus and Muhammad...Jesus was clearly the moral exemplar for humanity.

a. An Arab warlord who steals, murders, rapes and marries and has sex with a little girl.
or

Jesus was a typical Pharisee jew of his time----the BIG TIME CLUE is his attack on the tables of the money changers in the
Temple courtyard. The "business" component right there in the Temple courtyard was SADDUCEAN (read that roman shill) corruption. The enemy of Jesus was the person MOST HATED by the Pharisees----CAIAPHAS--(roman shill)
-------it's easy READ THE BOOK

This question hasn't been answered. Who were the greater moral examples? Muslims because they obey the violence dictated in the Koran, or the Christians who disobey
Earliest biographies of Jesus are entitled Gospels, recording the “good news”

Earliest biography of Muhammad is entitled Book of Raids, recording his caravan hijackings, wars and battles

Who’s the moral example?
I have to say Muhammad. His followers did as he instructed. Jesus' followers did not.

is English a language you know?

Sure do.

So which religion's followers are a greater "Moral Example"? Muslims because they follow the violent teachings Mohamed taught, or the Christians who did the opposite of the peaceful messages that Jesus gave?
Your answer doesn't pertain to the question..

It pierces to the very heart of this question. What is the benefit of saying that Jesus' 'message of peace' is superior to Mohamed's message of violence when Jesus' followers ignored that message of peace? Given that the message of peace had to be ignored so that Christianity could survive and prosper.

Christianity spread just fine for hundreds of years without committing violence. In fact, that is part of why Constantine adopted the religion. He was wanting political power and probably marveled at how the religion spread despite people being thrown to the lions, so he took it as his own to try and conquer with.

Interestingly, Constantine was not even a Christian, although he is rumored to have converted on his death bed.

Through the power of the state, abuses and persecution arise no matter what the religion or lack thereof. For you see, it is the nature of man to murder and seek power.

Statists once convinced us that they were God, then when that no longer worked they convinced us that they spoke for God, then when that no longer worked they tried to convince us that there was not God, thus making themselves a god once again. Amongst the trail of carnage of theocracies and atheist regimes lie a trail of murdered dead bodies.

Jesus was careful to say that he was not of this world and if he were his followers would take up arms to defend him. Conversely, Mohammad was the exact opposite. Mo conquered and converted with the sword and made it clear that there is no separation between Islam and the government. In reality, Mo condemned many to a myriad of deaths by taking this stance which continues today.

or

Jesus was a typical Pharisee jew of his time----the BIG TIME CLUE is his attack on the tables of the money changers in the
Temple courtyard. The "business" component right there in the Temple courtyard was SADDUCEAN (read that roman shill) corruption. The enemy of Jesus was the person MOST HATED by the Pharisees----CAIAPHAS--(roman shill)

Jesus was "about the Father's business", which was trying to connect man with their Maker.

The temple was that meeting place, and was the one place where the money changers interfered with this meeting place, hence they were targeted.

It is important to see that Jesus was in no way a pacifist. Instead, it showed where his real fight was, the human heart. He had no interest in mindless war and death and destruction, all from the power of the state. Instead, he was focused on the heart that bring such things to mankind.

These 'new atheist' idiots don't have the first clue about any of this; all they know is what they're told by other tards who constantly cite verses with zero context, as if the books are all just lists of random sayings or something, then pronounce themselves 'rationalists n stuff' for being butt stupid semi-literate morons.

Issue is who’s a moral exemplar.

And what each religion's followers did with those "moral examples' is immaterial?

Muslims have killed 70 million Hindus, alone, perhaps more. Don’t even go there.

Your right! And Christians never killed anyone.

Muslims have killed more, and continue to today

Doubt that. WW1 killed 18 million, WW2 60 million. Give me time to crunch the numbers for previous centuries. I'm sure Christians were responsible for more deaths.

Not many at all; most of the alleged 'killings are just highly exaggerated rubbish; they are entitled to self-defense, despite all the idiotic nonsense about them being required to be total pacifists or something, and that includes having armies and driving Islamo-Vermin and their friends out.

It should be noted that at least some of the Apostles carried swords, and we know for certain Peter did, because he wacked the ear off of some asshole official with one.

Last edited:

or

Jesus was "about the Father's business", which was trying to connect man with their Maker.

The temple was that meeting place, and was the one place where the money changers interfered with this meeting place, hence they were targeted.

It is important to see that Jesus was in no way a pacifist. Instead, it showed where his real fight was, the human heart. He had no interest in mindless war and death and destruction, all from the power of the state. Instead, he was focused on the heart that bring such things to mankind.

Luke never met Jesus and did not even know the language
in which Jesus spoke-----he was a GREEK thru and thru with
no knowledge about Jesus other than what he was TOLD

Picaro found my post-----the one above that starts with "LUKE" to be 'funny'. Poor Luke----he spoke ONLY
greek-----which was for the Romans----really HOT SHOT
high class. but Jesus did not. -------it is actually hard for me
to believe that Jesus---the disciple of Hillel, would ask his followers to hate their parents. Luke was a product of Greek
culture----Greek parents had the RIGHT to kill their children----
even grown children.

And what each religion's followers did with those "moral examples' is immaterial?

Muslims have killed 70 million Hindus, alone, perhaps more. Don’t even go there.

Your right! And Christians never killed anyone.

Muslims have killed more, and continue to today

Doubt that. WW1 killed 18 million, WW2 60 million. Give me time to crunch the numbers for previous centuries. I'm sure Christians were responsible for more deaths.

Not many at all; most of the alleged 'killings are just highly exaggerated rubbish; they are entitled to self-defense, despite all the idiotic nonsense about them being required to be total pacifists or something, and that includes having armies and driving Islamo-Vermin and their friends out.

It should be noted that at least some of the Apostles carried swords, and we know for certain Peter did, because he wacked the ear off of some asshole official with one.

Exaggerated? Dead is dead, can't exaggerate that.

This sword business has me confused. Jesus said to 'sell your cloak and buy a sword'. Peter did that, and when he used it Jesus said to him: "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword". So when is a Christian supposed to use that sword? When the voices in his head tells him to?

I will concede one point. Muslims kill for the vile reason of religion. Christians on the other hand can hold their heads high. Rarely do they kill for their religion. Christian mostly kill for the far nobler aims of Greed and Avarice.

Forum List

Back