Zone1 Jesus Christ suffered for you. And you... Will you suffer for Him?

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I say Jesus is silently asking this Q of all his purported followers

People usually follow Him until.. they don't. . until some other thing begins to take precedence in their lives and they just cannot see giving that thing (or person or whatever) up for Him..

That is why we need all the helps that Christ's ORIGINAL Church provides. We cannot make it otherwise (to Heaven). This is the reason Christ founded a CHURCH (Mt 16:18). He knew how weak we all are..

This is also why we need to know such things as:

Where is Christ's True Church?

I have discovered... through many many years of experiences and knowlege-aquisition (both good and bad esperiences, some even hellish).. where His Church is

and if anyone thinks I am giving up on THAT.. (anti-Catholics seem to think they can achieve such)!

ha ha.. hilarious

"Jesus Christ suffered for you. And you... Will you suffer for Him?"
No, he didn't. Couldn't have. Like you, I didn't even exist when he was supposedly crucified.

And no. I will likely suffer somewhat more pain than usual before dying, but nothing having to do anyone named "Jesus."

Watch. Lord Above, please, pretty please, I beseech thee.. Strike me dead this instant! and ..(crickets, as always) Okay, try this instead. Dear Lord, make me suffer like never before, kick my ass off the grass, smash my face all over the place, and ..(crickets, as always).. Not happening. Do yourself a huge favor.. Fuggetabout it!

People usually follow Him until.. they don't. . until some other thing begins to take precedence in their lives and they just cannot see giving that thing (or person or whatever) up for Him..

That is why we need all the helps that Christ's ORIGINAL Church provides. We cannot make it otherwise (to Heaven). This is the reason Christ founded a CHURCH (Mt 16:18). He knew how weak we all are..

I have discovered... through many many years of experiences and knowlege-aquisition (both good and bad esperiences, some even hellish).. where His Church is

and if anyone thinks I am giving up on THAT.. (anti-Catholics seem to think they can achieve such)!

ha ha.. hilarious

I have suffered plenty. I'm Job from the bible.

Hopefully the Lord will ensure I don't suffer anymore, or maybe share this suffering with my enemies...

Christianity is based on some wild claims and expectation of faith.

A 15 year old girl becomes pregnant and claims that she never had sex and explains a wild dream where she was immaculately impregnated.

Her son is crucified and dies and his body is stolen. His faithful explain that the body was not stolen but elevated to heaven intact.

I've already suffered at the hands of greedy hateful christians.

• Banned
I have suffered plenty. I'm Job from the bible.

Hopefully the Lord will ensure I don't suffer anymore, or maybe share this suffering with my enemies...
We a re called to offer up our sufferings (they are inevitable anyway) for sinners. I have not been good at this but am getting better. Frankly, some of us would just prefer not to ever evne think about some of these horrific sinners... the baby killers, esp the ones in "high" (please :rolleyes:) office, the ones who promote policies of: little to no restrictions on abortion.. and other nefarious policies.. don't want to pray for folks like Jamie Raskin (OMG! :oops:) but we are called to do that. When the Virgin Mother visits children (it is usually children since they are pure hearted), she tells us this (all of us, not just the children she appears to), to offer up our sufferings for sinners, to save them from Hell. Hell lasts a very long time, i have heard.

I made a list of all my sufferings once. It was a long list and even then I forgot about some, even some big ones. I added them on later.

So now I go through this list fairly regularly (in prayer) and as I do so, I offer up the suffering it causes me.. to just think of them. and we all know there will be future ones as well, death being one of the most unpleasant to think of..

• Banned
Christianity is based on some wild claims and expectation of faith.

A 15 year old girl becomes pregnant and claims that she never had sex and explains a wild dream where she was immaculately impregnated.

Her son is crucified and dies and his body is stolen. His faithful explain that the body was not stolen but elevated to heaven intact.
Maybe you should pray the rosary.. No, wait, there is no maybe to it..

Then Jesus and all that pertains to Him becomes more real than.. human beings.. (which to me is not really saying much anyhow but.. whatever)

Maybe you should pray the rosary.. No, wait, there is no maybe to it..

Then Jesus and all that pertains to Him becomes more real than.. human beings.. (which to me is not really saying much anyhow but.. whatever)

Again your beliefs are built around a 15 year old who wouldn’t admit why she is pregnant and a stolen body

Your belief is based on faith in wild stories while perfectly reasonable explanations are available
don't tell me who I am or am not

People hate presumption

You haven't walked 2 feet in my shoes. You do not have the first clue.

Just the ones I have personally had dealings with, and all the others I have heard about. Having to buy my mother's medicine because she sent her money to a preacher to buy another jet classifies as greedy, doesn't it?
i had a friend who did this kind of thing.. always sending money off to some preacher who basically told his tv audience that they could become wealthy also if they sent $$ to his organization. Then she found her and her husband facing huge bills that.. well, her husband was irresponsible but she had to pay for a lot of that and.. so how could she afford to send some fake preacher $$?

so yeh, I get what you're saying.

At least the Catholics just send a basket around and you can give or not give.. they don't TALK about the money thing (except once or twice a year when there is that.. Peter's Pence thing or whatever. But I have never been pressured by a Catholic priest or any Catholic person to give $$)

ha ha.. hilarious
I suffer plenty, Im married

I suffer plenty, Im married
I hear ya.

I was rather fortunate in NOT ever getting married.. True, I am a difficult person. Non-difficult persons may be able to make it in a marriage. But me.. I always knew marriage would not work out for me.. well, not always (a Mr Kimball moment there :) ) but for the last 15 years anyhow.. I've been alone much longer than 15 years.. at one time looking for someone but now.. I learned a lot and .. realize I could never be happily married to anyone .. anyone I know, that is. I'm sure there's someone in the universe somewhat like me.. but I don't have time to travel through the whole universe, much less do I have the means to do so..

I made a list of all my sufferings once. It was a long list and even then I forgot about some, even some big ones. I added them on later.

So now I go through this list fairly regularly (in prayer) and as I do so, I offer up the suffering it causes me.. to just think of them. and we all know there will be future ones as well, death being one of the most unpleasant to think of..
For what purpose? Any takers yet?

Ah, I see..
for sinners, to save them from Hell. Hell lasts a very long time, i have heard.
Wow, not your fault! I get it now :auiqs.jpg:

Well, I hope you still have some responsible family or friends, and that the local police at least have been made aware of your condition. There is doubtless help available to you right here on Earth. You just need to earnestly request it from the real people you come in contact with on a daily basis. Don't be ashamed. Everyone needs help at times.

ha ha.. hilarious
I think your question premise is simply wrong. Jesus Christ atoned for our sins so we won't have to suffer if we repent. He doesn't want us to suffer. He wants us to be happy and full of joy. If we have challenges put before us, the atonement is there to help live with them and if possible, work through them with Christ so we don't have to suffer.

Now, where Christ's true Church is also has a false premise as well. All Christian Churches teach Christ and at least some truth. The question should be, which Church should you join so that you have the fullness of the Gospel or true Gospel? The one that will get you to the highest degree in Heaven? (1st Corinthians chapter 15). You can be a member of a church that you believe existed and founded at one time by Jesus Christ and have the falsest Gospel on the Planet (Roman Catholic Church). And, even with that, you can receive a reward in heaven, just not the highest degree in Heaven. Joseph Smith asked the question of which Church he should join. Which one teaches the correct Gospel. When he asked through the direction of James in the Bible, with real intent, no double mind, faith not wavering, the Father and Son appeared to him and told him not to join any of the Churches on earth. That their lips drew near to the Godhead but their hearts were far from the Godhead. So, there was only one thing to do and Christ told him that through Joseph, he would restore His Church with all authority and truth of the Gospel line by line, precept by precept...The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Now, don't get me wrong. Do I believe you or anyone else should immediately drop where they are worshipping and join up and be baptized and confirmed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? Nope. See, most people will not be able nor willing commit to the laws, doctrines , ordinances and covenants you'll have to commit your entire life to forever and ever. It would be a greater condemnation to make the covenants we do and then break your covenants. As a few examples:
1. Keep the word of wisdom like no coffee, tea, tobacco and alcoholic drinks and other unholy practices like this
2. No sexual relations outside the bounds of marriage and only between a man and a woman
3. Pay 10% of your annual increase in tithing and also fast offering to feed the poor and sick
4. Attend Church once a week on Sundays and observe the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy
5. Keep all the covenants you make in the Temple with the Lord like consecrating all your time and talent to building up the kingdom of God on the earth

the ironic thing about this post is the o.p. does not put their faith in Christ for salvation. But puts their faith in the rcc, the sacraments, man made tradition and legalism. Pharisee-ish.

Forum List

Back