Jessee Ventura: American Sniper's Chris Kyle is a "liar"

A Perez

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2015
Associated Press

"Ventura testified Kyle fabricated a subchapter in his "American Sniper" book in which Kyle claimed he punched out a man, whom he later identified as Ventura, at a California bar in 2006 for allegedly saying the SEALs "deserve to lose a few" in Iraq. Ventura said it never happened.

The jury gave Ventura the legal vindication he craved. Publisher HarperCollins removed the passage from the best-seller, and it gets no mention in the movie. Kyle's estate has appealed. Ventura's separate lawsuit against HarperCollins remains pending.

The former wrestler is now working on the second season of his online-only political talk show "Off the Grid" at Ora.tv, which he records in Mexico, where he lives in a solar-powered home with a satellite Internet connection.

Ed Huddleston, a lawyer for Kyle's widow, Taya Kyle, said they won't comment on Ventura's remarks because the lawsuit is on appeal."

(I misspelled Jesse).

Link Jesse Ventura Slams Chris Kyle Says He Won t See American Sniper

Jesse won the lawsuit. Chris Kyle is the liar. It was proven in Court.

Stupid Americans worshiping him as a hero doesn't make him one.

Associated Press

"Ventura testified Kyle fabricated a subchapter in his "American Sniper" book in which Kyle claimed he punched out a man, whom he later identified as Ventura, at a California bar in 2006 for allegedly saying the SEALs "deserve to lose a few" in Iraq. Ventura said it never happened.

The jury gave Ventura the legal vindication he craved. Publisher HarperCollins removed the passage from the best-seller, and it gets no mention in the movie. Kyle's estate has appealed. Ventura's separate lawsuit against HarperCollins remains pending.

The former wrestler is now working on the second season of his online-only political talk show "Off the Grid" at Ora.tv, which he records in Mexico, where he lives in a solar-powered home with a satellite Internet connection.

Ed Huddleston, a lawyer for Kyle's widow, Taya Kyle, said they won't comment on Ventura's remarks because the lawsuit is on appeal."

(I misspelled Jesse).

Off the grid is a great show!!!

That's funny, he didn't say he knocked him out, he said he knocked him DOWN. That was stated in an interview.

So you are going to stop worshiping Jesse? Everybody is making money off of this.

Last edited:
Auto-biography claimed more than was due...
confused.gif

‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle exaggerated medal count, records reveal
May 25, 2016 - Newly published documents reveal that “American Sniper” Chris Kyle was not part of the elite group of U.S. fighters to earn one of the nation’s top three combat medals on more than one occasion during the global war on terrorism, as he claimed in his bestselling autobiography.
Kyle, a former Navy SEAL who was murdered by a disturbed fellow veteran in 2013, wrote that he had received two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars. The Silver Star, the third-highest combat decoration, is awarded for gallantry in action. Being recognized for exhibiting the highest levels of battlefield heroism more than once is rare. “Receiving two Silver Stars would have put him in a very unique and small group,” said Doug Sterner, a Vietnam veteran and author of “Restoring Valor: One Couple’s Mission to Expose Fraudulent War Heroes and Protect America’s Military Awards System.”

020313-chris-kyle-600x400.jpg

New documents question claims that Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and author of the book “American Sniper,” made about his time at war.​

Sterner, who is also a longtime investigator and archivist of military valor awards, said he suspected for several years that the medal count former Navy SEAL Kyle wrote about in “American Sniper” wasn’t accurate, but until now he had not shared his suspicions publicly. “There was that 1 percent chance that he did get two Silver Stars and one of them was classified,” Sterner told Yahoo News. “As long as there’s that 1 percent chance, [I wasn’t] going to accuse somebody of inflating their record.”

That changed Wednesday when the Intercept, an investigative reporting website, published government documents revealing Kyle earned one Silver Star during his decade of military service and four deployments. Navy officials confirmed the records. On page 149 of his autobiography, which became a blockbuster war film starring Bradley Cooper in 2014, Kyle wrote, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars.” According to Sterner, who helped launch the Military Times’ Hall of Valor online database, only a dozen U.S. service members — five Navy, four Army and three Air Force personnel — have been recognized with the top battlefield awards more than once since the war on terror began nearly 15 years ago.

MORE

See also:

Navy Probes 'Discrepancies' in SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle's Medal Claims
May 25, 2016 | Navy officials say they’re looking into the circumstances under which decorated Navy SEAL Chris Kyle was issued discharge papers containing more military valor awards than he apparently earned. "We recognize that there is a discrepancy and we are looking into it right now," a Navy official, who asked for anonymity in order to discuss the situation, told Military.com.
The new probe comes in the wake of an investigative story by The Intercept, published Wednesday, that highlights Navy personnel documents showing Kyle earned only one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars, rather than the two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars that he publicly claimed. Kyle, who has been called the deadliest U.S. military sniper in history, shot to fame when he published his memoir, "American Sniper," in 2009. The story became a blockbuster movie starring Bradley Cooper in 2014. The year before the film’s release, Kyle was tragically murdered by a disturbed veteran at a shooting range in Texas. While some of Kyle's previous claims have been successfully challenged -- notably, former Minnesota governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura successfully sued Kyle for defamation over a claim the Kyle punched him in a bar -- questions about his medal count have not gained much public traction.

Staff for Kyle's widow, Taya Kyle, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Inquiries to Kyle's American Sniper co-authors, Jim DeFelice and Scott McEwen, also went unanswered. But multiple Navy officials who spoke with Military.com said they now consider the documents on file with Navy Personnel command to be the most accurate record of Kyle's combat awards. "The Navy considers the individual service member's official military personnel file and our central official awards records to be the authoritative sources for verifying entitlement to decorations and awards," Navy Personnel Command spokesman Cullen James said in a statement provided to Military.com. "The form DD-214 is generated locally at the command where the service member is separated. Although the information on the DD-214 should match the official records, the process involves people and inevitably some errors may occur."

8c0d6c3bb7d6ab0a8d5090b2f63a56db

In this image released by Warner Bros. Pictures, Kyle Gallner, left, and Bradley Cooper appear in a scene from “American Sniper.” The film is based on the autobiography by Chris Kyle​

The Navy's process for issuing DD-214 discharge forms is more centralized now, a Navy official said. "We're sifting through who owns that piece," the official said, regarding the discharge form that Kyle received. The official said no DD-215 form, correcting the original discharge papers, has ever been issued for Kyle, indicating the Navy has never before tried to correct the record publicly. At this point, the official said, it's not clear how long the investigation into the discrepancy will take, or how high the inquiry will rise up the chain of command. "As we figure out which route we're going or does a correction need to be made, we'll make that information public," the official said. Doug Sterner, a Vietnam veteran who maintains the Hall of Valor, the most comprehensive online database of U.S. military awards in existence, said he has long believed Kyle rated only one Silver Star, and lists only one in the database.

That Silver Star is for gallantry during a 2006 deployment to Ramadi, Iraq, in which Kyle personally accounted for 91 confirmed enemy sniper kills and dozens more likely enemy casualties. The Silver Star is the third-highest combat honor, and relatively few troops have ever earned more than one. Sterner said he never publicly questioned Kyle's claims of additional awards, because he believed it was possible Kyle might have earned a Silver Star that was classified due to covert operations. But the revelations from The Intercept removed his remaining doubts, he told Military.com. "I have suspected this for some time, but I've done interviews where I've said this is what I believe, but I'm not going to go there, because I believe Chris Kyle is a hero in the veterans community," Sterner said. "And I've learned a long time ago that the response is often to kill the messenger." Fewer discrepancies would arise, Sterner said, if the military would abandon its recent trend of liberally classifying valor awards for special operations missions. "I have never seen this fetish for classifying awards that we've seen in the war on terrorism," Sterner said.

Navy Probes 'Discrepancies' in SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle's Medal Claims | Military.com

Associated Press

(I misspelled Jesse).

Since John Kerry I thought we'd given up on "Hero's" having to actually have done anything heroic.

Associated Press

(I misspelled Jesse).

This guy is so full of himself. He actually thought he was VP material for Trump, too.

I was shocked Minnesotan's elected him as governor. He is not that smart of person, IMO. Of course that is my opinion of Barack Obama, too.

But before his run for political office I occasionally heard him on the radio doing cover analyst for Vikings' games. I remember vividly thinking what a "dolt" he is, definitely not impressed with what he chose to speak about and how he said it. Then two years later he is running for governor!!!!

Associated Press

(I misspelled Jesse).

This guy is so full of himself. He actually thought he was VP material for Trump, too.

I was shocked Minnesotan's elected him as governor. He is not that smart of person, IMO. Of course that is my opinion of Barack Obama, too.

But before his run for political office I occasionally heard him on the radio doing cover analyst for Vikings' games. I remember vividly thinking what a "dolt" he is, definitely not impressed with what he chose to speak about and how he said it. Then two years later he is running for governor!!!!

Trump hasn't picked a VP yet...

Associated Press

(I misspelled Jesse).

Trump hasn't picked a VP yet...
When he does, his pick will have no resemblance whatsoever to a has-been, mediocre, "professional" wrestler. Jesse Ventura is a goddamned joke on steroids.

How many times was Ventura deployed to Iraq? The jury said Casey Anthony didn't kill her kid and that OJ didn't butcher his wife. So the Ron Goldman family won a law suit so was OJ guilty or not?

Forum List

Back