January 6 Was Not A Coup

You're either lying or you're an abject imbecile. Trump was pressuring Pence to unilaterally reject legit Biden electors. Had Pence gone along with that, Congress would have decided the winner and it would have been Trump. That was Trump's insidious plan for stealing the election from duly elected President Biden. To deny that was a real threat to our Democracy his the height of deception.

Wrong.
If the electors are contested, it goes to the state courts.
Congress only gets to make final decisions, not deal with ruling on irregularities in the vote process. That is up to each state.

{...
In early January, the total Electoral College vote count is opened by the sitting vice president, acting in his capacity as president of the Senate, and read aloud to a joint session of the incoming Congress, which was elected at the same time as the president. Members of Congress are free to object to any or all of a state's electoral vote count, provided that the objection is presented in writing and is signed by at least one member of each house of Congress. If such an objection is submitted, both houses of Congress adjourn to their respective chambers to debate and vote on the objection. The approval of both houses of Congress are required to invalidate those electoral votes in question.[30]

If no candidate receives a majority of the electoral vote (at least 270), the president is determined by the rules outlined by the Twelfth Amendment. Specifically, the selection of president would then be decided by a contingent election in a ballot of the House of Representatives. For the purposes of electing the president, each state has only one vote. A ballot of the Senate is held to choose the vice president. In this ballot, each senator has one vote. The House has chosen the victor of the presidential race only twice, in 1800 and 1824; the Senate has chosen the victor of the vice-presidential race only once, in 1836.

If the president is not chosen by Inauguration Day, the vice president-elect acts as president. If neither are chosen by then, Congress by law determines who shall act as president, pursuant to the Twentieth Amendment.

Unless there are faithless electors, disputes, or other controversies, the events in December and January mentioned above are largely a formality since the winner can be determined based on the state-by-state popular vote results. Between the general election and Inauguration Day, this apparent winner is referred to as the "president-elect" (unless it is a sitting president who has won re-election).
...}

Last edited:
He thought he had been cheated out of an election, something that has not been disproven to my satisfaction.

I am anti-Trump, and I do not believe the election was stolen, but clearly voting machines should NEVER be used, and are very easily rigged.
Dominion can never prove their machines do not have back doors, not only because all computers have to have back doors, but also because that would put them out of business because it would mean opening their code to the public domain.

He thought he had been cheated out of an election, something that has not been disproven to my satisfaction.

Doesn't matter what he thought. Doesn't matter what you thought. He tried to get the VP to throw out the election so he could be declared the winner. That's the polar opposite of everything a democracy stands for. The polar opposite of what America stands for. It was an attempted bloodless coup. The sort of tactic you would normally only see occur in 3rd world dictatorships.You denying it only serves to reveal you're either lying or you're batshit insane.

But Trump would always be in the back seat of a long limo, so then wouldn't it be impossible to at all gain any access to the steering wheel, in any way?

Lying nutbag, there's a seat directly behind the driver.

Wrong.
Congress never gets to decide, no matter what.
If the electors are contested, it goes to the courts, not congress.

My G-d, you're nuts. :cuckoo:

12th Amendment

The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;-The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote;

Hanging in effigy is a time honored form of political protest.
It is not remotely illegal or provocative at all.
The Notre Dame vs Michigan St game of the century in 1966 featured an Irish player hanging in effigy outside of Spartan Stadium.
Today’s demmunists would insist that player was Alan Page and it was inspired by white supremacy.

I am anti-Trump, and I do not believe the election was stolen, but clearly voting machines should NEVER be used, and are very easily rigged.
Dominion can never prove their machines do not have back doors, not only because all computers have to have back doors, but also because that would put them out of business because it would mean opening their code to the public domain.
You helping OJ find the real killer, too?

"Practically picking out curtains"?

Ridiculous.
Hmmmm... I'm not so sure it's "ridiculous"...

Unless the Pubs screw-up and run the Orange Con-Man again, someone like Desantis stands a very, very good chance of getting elected in 2024...

Sleepy Old Uncle Joe just ain't up to the job, unfortunately, and nobody wants anything to do with Harris, so the Dems will probably run Newsome...

And California's such a $hithole nowadays - with sane folk leaving in droves - that it's difficult to believe Newsome poses much of a threat to Desantis...

That, coupled with staggering fuel prices and the inevitable soaring inflation and all the grief that brings, and you've got a recipe for Dem Disaster...

All that's only a guess, of course, but it's a darned-fine guess, and well within the bounds of both Reality and Probability...

I'm a "middle schooler" and you don't know the difference between counting electoral votes and counting election ballots...or what happened on Jan 6 (yes the Mob stopped the Electoral Count)

You're just lost

You're throwing shit against the wall hoping some of it sticks. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, but the argument I made is there was never a serious insurrection. They had no way to take over the government. Democrat hysteria on that is as stupid as everything you say and do. You're idiots and racists

You will never have that because you are in a cult in devotion to the loser. The loser and the losers who voted for the loser do not get to decide that the loser was cheated out of an election .

We cannot have democracy if the loser can decide that he is the winner based on feelings in an in a Bility to lose graciously.

Your point there is it best very absurd

They tried to stop the process that would peacefully transfer the office to Biden
Until there was a proper investigation of the election fraud charges. Many were unfounded, but after a year and a half we are seeing many impropriates and actions that violated state and federal election laws. Rules were changed and procedures altered in ways that didn't comply with the law.

We have a system in place for such things, illegally trying to stop the certification of the election is not one of them. Pressuring the SOS of a state to find a specific number of votes is not one of them. Working with party officials in states to have fake electors ready to pounce is not one of them.
The system failed. The courts refused to get involved and didn't allow any cases to go forward so actual evidence could be discovered by use of subpoenas and discovery. It seems like after Gore took Florida's election to the Florida Supreme Court and Bush had to go to SCOTUS to overrule their partisan decision, the courts came to an agreement to not get involved in elections anymore.

9boas50vsk991.jpg

because you havent yet given enough

The system failed. The courts refused to get involved and didn't allow any cases to go forward so actual evidence could be discovered by use of subpoenas and discovery. It seems like after Gore took Florida's election to the Florida Supreme Court and Bush had to go to SCOTUS to overrule their partisan decision, the courts came to an agreement to not get involved in elections anymore.

Half the cases were dismissed upon a motion to dismiss due to lack of merit or lack of evidence.

Pointing out you lied is not a diversion. It's showing you're a liar and have no valid point to make.

I was talking to you about the issue, and you just stopped and started talking shit. Like libs tend to do. Especially whacky ones like you.

I was talking to you about the issue, and you just stopped and started talking shit. Like libs tend to do. Especially whacky ones like you.

You lied. Nothing you said at that point mattered. No one gives a shit about lies.

You lied. Nothing you said at that point mattered. No one gives a shit about lies.

No, you are the liar. And you are an asshole. I would be happy to discuss the issues, but you just sort of stopped talking and started throwing shit like a retarded monkey.

Forum List

Back