Jamaica

We love Jamaica! Besides Negril, Ocho Rios is great as well. Negril is pretty well laid back. I would consider Ocho Rios for those wanting less of that. As far as sight seeing, there is so much to see, whether you were to choose Negril, Montego Bay, or Ocho Rios. It's true you can be hounded, but it also depends on where you go. The culture is great. If you decide to go, check out the Dunn River falls (be prepared for a walk but worth it), and the coffee plantations. Also river rafting.
The culture there is great, and overall most Jamaicans are glad to have you there and are willing to tell you of life there, and where to visit.
Personally, we prefer the all inclusives. We love Sandals, and whe the kids were young, their family resort, Beaches.Wht is great about them is they have reciprocal dining between a number of their resorts. Check as to which ones, if you decide to go there. Also, you can get resort certified for diving while there, included i your price. If you aren't up for that, then you can go snorkeling. The sea there is beautiful. They also have unlimited golf included in Ocho Rios. And many other water activities, land sports, etc. They also will set up tours for you.
The country and culture is beautiful there. If you rent a car, know some of the roads are super narrow, and also, watch for goats. They are loose and it is considered a crime if you hit and kill one.

Take pics! I wanna see what you saw. It's as close as I will ever get there.

The destination's yet to be decided, Gracie. We spent our honeymoon in the Bahamas, and returned in 2006. But the place is just a little too laid back. We know three couples who've been to Jamaica and they loved it. In any event, it's definitely a serious consideration.

Martha-Brae-River-Rafting.jpeg

Rafting on the Martha Brae, or they even have white water rafting, as well.

Forum List

Back