How long will that €149 fare last and other important questions for ‘WOW air’

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
santa-25-390x285.png

How much is a cheese sandwich? Where exactly is Baltimore-Washington International Airport? And who is this new ‘Icelandic Michael O’Leary’ chap?

How long will that 149 fare last and other important questions for 8216 WOW air 8217

BWI is, as the name implies, right between Baltimore and DC (which are about 40-50 miles apart). No matter which city you're bound for it's a hike, but usually cheaper than Dulles or National.

Fun fact: on the morning 9/11 happened I was packing for a fllght to BWI. They made me give it back though, the employer claimed they needed it to get a refund.

Fascinating news about this flight though. Back in the '70s I took my first trip to Europe on Icelandair, which was offering a similar deal. Don't remember what the price was but it was damn cheap, you stopped at Keflavik (Rekjavik) and continued on to land in Luxembourg -- which is kind of a BWI of northwest Europe. They left the US out of Newark.

I always regretted that I didn't get off the plane in Rekjavik and spend some time before continuing on. This is definitely definitely food for thought. :eusa_think:

Forum List

Back