Jai Alai History

Having not watched the video...

Wasn't it big in Florida? I always thought it looked exciting, never understood it, but it looked cool...

It was big here in Florida. It was more popular than soccer. I use to go a lot and would like to see it become popular again.

This is a sport I enjoyed watching years ago if you see it once at a live event you will be hooked

A fun to sport to watch and bet on. Used to go all the time when I lived in Florda.

Thanks for the memories

This is a sport I enjoyed watching years ago if you see it once at a live event you will be hooked

I used to love going to jail alai and bet on matches. I used to go to Dania Jai Alai, down near Lauderdale. I don't know if it's still there. Do they still have them?

I made some good money from Jai Alai.

Not from betting on it.

From working the in-house TV coverate of it.

There was a huge (old-time) TV camera and a 10-inch thick plexiglas window between me and the ball but when it was slammed into the window I still turned quickly away from the viewfinder. Just a natural reaction despite knowing damn well it wasn't coming through.

The players were a great gang to hang out with after the games but English was definitely a second language!

Forum List

Back