Ivy League Schools and Other Universities Losing Donations Due to Student Protests

AyeCantSeeYou

Platinum Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
It's about damn time some of the philanthropists pay attention to what is going on and what is being allowed to happen at the universities they donate big money to. Schools should not be allowing any form of "hate" to be celebrated and shoved in the faces of others. Hopefully this is going to catch on in other sectors of our nation by hitting those that condone it right where it hurts them the most - $$$$$$$$$$.

It's about damn time some of the philanthropists pay attention to what is going on and what is being allowed to happen at the universities they donate big money to. Schools should not be allowing any form of "hate" to be celebrated and shoved in the faces of others. Hopefully this is going to catch on in other sectors of our nation by hitting those that condone it right where it hurts them the most - $$$$$$$$$$.

Standing by your beliefs means sometimes you suffer for them.

so what.gif

We need to see more big donors doing this! :clap:

Topline​

Billionaire hedge fund founder and Columbia University graduate Leon Cooperman said Wednesday he would no longer donate to the Ivy League school after students held protests critical of Israel during its war with militant group Hamasā€”marking the latest billionaire to denounce student demonstrations and withhold donations over it.

Key Facts​

Cooperman criticized the pro-Palestinian protests held by Columbia students while speaking on Fox Businessā€™s The Claman Countdown on Wednesday, saying he thinks college students ā€œhave sh** for brains.ā€
Unless he sees a change, Cooperman said he will ā€œsuspend my givingā€ and donate to ā€œother organizations,ā€ adding Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East and only reliable American ally in the Middle East.

Big donors and alums for many of these top universities are zipping the wallets. Employers are withdrawing job offers. Social justice credit only goes so far.

Our universities aren't places of learning. They're places where our kids are indoctrinated and turned into mindless monsters.

The president of Harvard Unv and U Penn couldn't bring themselves to say that their anti-Semitic rhetoric was a call for genocide of Israel.

I think it's time to shut down every Ivy League school and gut the staffs of these institutions.
They're nothing but American hating Jew haters.

Our universities aren't places of learning. They're places where our kids are indoctrinated and turned into mindless monsters.

The president of Harvard Unv and U Penn couldn't bring themselves to say that their anti-Semitic rhetoric was a call for genocide of Israel.

I think it's time to shut down every Ivy League school and gut the staffs of these institutions.
They're nothing but American hating Jew haters.
Keep the STEM studies but ax the social science depsrtments

Just about every class has a prof who likes making fun of America.
I had a US History professor from the UK that liked to call us Colonials.
This was back in the early 80s.
As a former anglophile I am proud to be called a colonial

I am not offended by that word

The fallout begins ... how long until another ivy league university president resigns?

Forum List

Back