Hamas atrocities expose peril of liberals’ long embrace of Palestinians and Iran

Saddam worked very hard to convince EVERYONE that he had chemical weapons. He even had his own generals convinced. I’ve read interrogation excerpts from them. They all said “I didn’t have any chemical weapons, but Abdul, or Mohammad did in their units”. Saddam was betting that we wouldn’t call his bluff and let him continue to violate fifty or so UN resolutions as well as the cease fire agreement he signed to prevent us from invading Iraq.

again, you don't kill half a million people on a "might have".

Absofuckinglyutely.

The whole medical system we have where a minor illness can bankrupt you, even if you have insurance, is a crime.

Yup, the guys who cook the food, wait on the tables, and wash the dishes, all of whom make minimum wage assuming they aren't undocumented, in which case they make less.

Yup. What realtors get is obscene.

Absolutely, the fans are getting screwed on high ticket prices.

True, you'd have nowhere to park your double wide.

Except you guys proudly fly your Confederate Flags, we don't lionize our gangbangers.

Actually, she and her white husband are affluent professionals. And they hate living in SC.
Then why don’t they move out? Perhaps it’s because they can live a far better lifestyle even if it’s lacking “culture“ like broadway plays, world class museums that few people visit, expensive restaurants that serve minuscule portions of overpriced food. Oh it also lacks sky-high taxes on everything under the sun.

Yet you saw the point of Hamas bombing Israel?
No, their missiles are crap and October 7th attacks were terrible. Netanyahu is a corrupt cruel scumbag failure and I can see how he could drive people crazy.... Sharon Ditto, RW a-holes.... It is way past time Israel allows the Palestinians to have an economy and investment.

Here's the thing. I'd have a better chance of survival, as the UK has a higher life expectancy than the US.

I don't want the guy cutting on me because he wants a yacht and a mansion. I want the guy cutting on me who became a doctor because he sincerely wanted to help people.

People in the service industry are routinely underpaid.. I have no problem with the guy profiting, but not at the expense of the people who do... you know.. the actual work.

Again, if I am going to let someone else prepare my food, I want someone who is happy with his job. I don't really care if his boss is making obscene profits or not.

Uh, yeah, actually it does. Just like flying a Swastika flag makes you a Nazi.

Yeah, BLM with their crazy ideas that the police shouldn't murder black children.. what a crazy idea.
I want the absolute best trained surgeon who does several of my surgeries every week operating on me. As for restaurant staff, those jobs are low skilled ones that can be easily trained, really good chefs and waitstaff make a really good living. I was an assistant manager for Bob’s Big Boy for a short while after getting out of the Army, ALL the waitstaff made more than I did, many more than double my gross wage for half the hours worked, you have no idea how the real world works.

Last edited:
Rep. Rashida Tlaib flew a Palestinian flag outside her official congressional office, while Rep. Ilhan Omar suggested Israel’s counteroffensive might be a “war crime.”
She's crazy. How can wiping out terrorists in a ghetto be a war crime?
iu

Then why don’t they move out? Perhaps it’s because they can live a far better lifestyle even if it’s lacking “culture“ like broadway plays, world class museums that few people visit, expensive restaurants that serve minuscule portions of overpriced food. Oh it also lacks sky-high taxes on everything under the sun.

They can't move because his Job reassigned him there. Her job is remote, and she can work anywhere. Also, they really can't sell their current home without taking a fairly substantial hit.

We didn’t kill a half million people. The best estimates are between thirty and forty thousand deaths from combat.

Bullshit. Half a million is on the low estimate.

AND IT WAS ALL OVER A LIE!!!!

Bullshit. Half a million is on the low estimate.

AND IT WAS ALL OVER A LIE!!!!
Cherry picked numbers.

This issue falls under the heading of "Identity Politics" for me. The American Left has made a huge mistake in the way it has handled this issue over the years, and the atrocities we have seen in the last few days can't be denied.

There is no defending this.
The problem is Netanyahu like Sharon is a cruel corrupt POS right wing screw up who has given the Palestinians hopelessness and produces terrorists like this. Bombing Gaza and cruelty in the West Bank will simply produce another generation of Israel haters. It's not Israel, it's the right wing swine who do this to the area....

Hamas atrocities expose peril of liberals’ long embrace of Palestinians and Iran

Biden’s denunciation of grisly terror attacks can’t mask the left's years of coddling of Tehran and Gaza, experts say.
10 Oct 2023 ~~ By John Solomon

As evidence of civilian atrocities mounted, President Joe Biden emerged in public to unequivocally denounce the Hamas terror attacks as “pure unadulterated evil” but his repudiation cannot hide the long embrace by his party’s liberals of the two main actors behind the staggering violence that rocked the Middle East: the political and military leadership in Palestine and their backers in Iran.
Even as American hostages remained in peril, the beheaded torsos of innocent civilians were collected from Israeli streets and Hamas and Tehran celebrated the bloodletting, many liberals in America were still trying to express empathy for the attackers.
Rep. Rashida Tlaib flew a Palestinian flag outside her official congressional office, while Rep. Ilhan Omar suggested Israel’s counteroffensive might be a “war crime.” Biden’s secretary of state tweeted, then deleted a call for a “ceasefire” just as Israel ramped up its rescue missions. The U.S. Department of State’s Palestinian Affairs Office literally implored Israel to “refrain” from “retaliatory attacks” before reversing course. On the streets of liberal cities and the campuses of left-leaning universities like Harvard, many even suggested Israel deserved blame for Hamas’ attacks.
~Snip~
“The danger is not just to Israel,” former Obama-era Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren told Just the News on Tuesday night. “The enemy we face in Hamas is the same enemy that America faces in ISIS and Al Qaeda. It is a radical, medieval, vicious, brutal, barbaric, jihadist group.
“It’s not a clash of civilizations … it's a clash between a civilization and a different universe, a very dark and evil universe. And you have to believe in evil,” Oren said during an interview conducted from a bomb shelter with the Just the News, No Noise television show. “These are people who behead babies, repeatedly rape young women and strip them and march them naked through the streets of Gaza so they can be spat upon and beaten, who take entire families out and shoot them.”
Former Trump-era Deputy National Security Adviser Victoria Coates said the blame isn’t just with Palestinian-sympathetic congresswomen and academics, it also falls on the Biden administration for sending millions in aid to Hamas-controlled Palestine and for appeasing Iran with eased oil sanctions and a recent $6 billion in unfrozen assets in the name of seeking a nuclear deal even as Tehran continues to sponsor terrorism and toss out UN nuclear inspectors.
~Snip~
Biden administration officials dismissed such criticisms, insisting that despite the deleted pro-Hamas tweets and prior appeasements to Iran that the president stands unequivocally with Israel and its right to defend itself. Administration officials also have refused to confirm reports from European intelligence that Iran helped plan the attack, even after Hamas made comments confirming such a connection.
Longtime intelligence expert Fred Fleitz, the former chief of staff to the National Security Council, said while it may take days or a few weeks for U.S. intelligence to pinpoint the exact nature of Iran’s role in the attacks, he has little doubt Tehran was involved.
~Snip~
Security experts said there is strong reason to fear Iranian-backed terrorists could have already crossed the porous southern U.S. border to be activated in the future against Americans, bringing the horror of what just happened in Israel closer to home. Biden himself raised the concern during his Tuesday press conference.
Coates added that “Maybe the biggest threat from that particular alphabet soup of terrorism is Hezbollah. Because we know Hezbollah has been active in Latin America, they've carried out attacks against Jewish targets in Argentina, for example. So they're here. And the notion that they haven't tried to cross the border in the last two and a half years is pretty disingenuous.”

Commentary:
On Saturday Biden briefly commented and was not to be seen for four days.
Meanwhile his toadies continue to make excuses for their lack of intelligence gathering and funding of Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah.

The threat to democracy, right, law, justice, and freedom all come from Zionist fanatics who deliberately started this 80 years ago.

Actually, a two-state solution is the only solution the Zionists have.

Ethnic Cleansing is not an option. Nor is reoccupying the Gaza. There are two million Palestinians in Gaza. They aren't going anywhere.

Israel is trying to do what Apartheid South Africa did, create "homelands" that separate the 5 million Palestinians in the occupied territories from the 6 million European Squatters. (and hope no one mentions the 1.5 million Palestinians living in Lebanon, Jordan, etc.)

The alternative to the two-state solution is ending Apartheid and giving everyone a vote. That would be the end of Israel as a Jewish state when that happens.

The Fundamental Lie of Zionism was "A Land without a people for a people without a land."

There were people on that land. They are still there.

Not only that, but the Arabs who were there first, are ancestor of those there 5000 years before the Hebrew invaders of 1000 BC.
Nor did the Hebrew gain ownership by invading, since they massacred women and children when Joshua captured Jericho.
Atrocities forfeit any rights.

That is why that IDF general made damn sure to get reporters into the area where atrocities were committed, otherwise nobody would believe it.

Much like Ike did with the Nazi death camps.

Nonsense.
There was not a single "death camp" in Germany or any area the US troops got to.
All the death camps were tiny and totally obliterated before the Russians got to them, since they were almost all in Poland.

And the reports say the IDF killed 90 Associated Press and arrested 400 reporters.

um, it wasn't our job to keep an eye on Hamas for the Zionist Entity. That was the Mossad's job.

Of course, it seems a little suspicious to me that the Mossad would "miss" this event. You know, almost like a false flag operation to deflect international and domestic criticism of Bibi's attack on democratic institutions in Israel. (not that the Zionist Entity is in any way, shape or form a "Democracy".)

No one is.

War is terrible. It's terrible when Hamas launches terror attacks and it's horrible when the Zionists bomb civilians.

That said, most of our problems with Iran are our own making.

We propped up the Shah for decades as he oppressed his own people.
We armed Saddam to the teeth to make war on Iran for a decade (until he turned on us, anyway!)

But we won't have an honest conversation about continuing to stick our hands in the hornet's nest, we'll just whine about getting stung.

Everyone I know is defending Hamas.
They have been removed by force from 85% of their land, and forced into concentration camps on only 15% of the land they own and had paid for.
They can not survive on that small area, with their trade cut off from the blockade.
So they are slowly being starved to death, and had no alternative.

And by the way, Saddam NEVER turned against the US.
Before Desert Storm, he asked US ambassador Glasspie, for permission to invade Kuwait for stealing oil.
The US ambassador said we did not care.
We turned traitor to Saddam, not the other way around.

Forum List

Back