I've pondered on something for several years

Show me the last time Jews wanted to convert anybody and murdered them for not converting.
I don't believe that is the subject- same alleged god interpreted differently by many men- interpreted being key- not to mention translation which too requires interpretation- I'd say Israel is pretty guilty of the crime you ask about though- not that it would ever be admitted- (proxy is just as guilty as committing the act) but, as with everything, results are what count. The result is divisiveness- bought and paid for by fecklessness to the feckless.

And you've still not did as you claim (we read everything) by reading the original articles I posted and commenting on them- why is that?

I'll answer your question about why jews become lawyers- they like to twist, spin and castigate to their advantage (for monetary gain) and to the ones who go up against them they can't form an argument since they attended the same schools to learn how to lie, legally.

That said, I'm not trying to turn anyone against anyone, per se- I would like for people to see there is more than one story, to everything, and in order to be objective all the evidence needs to be looked at- not just one side- political or religious or any other important issue- group think is group think and to use it as a tool for religion or politics, promising dire consequences if not adhered to, is coercion- coercion is immoral. Doubling down on it in defense of it is doubling down on the immorality, I don't care what sect (Party) or sect (Party) leaders say.

Calling me names (not saying you have, but others have) is meaningless and proves they have no legitimate argument- it proves nothing more than sheer ignorance chosen- by the name caller-

Show me the last time Jews wanted to convert anybody and murdered them for not converting.
I don't believe that is the subject- same alleged god interpreted differently by many men- interpreted being key- not to mention translation which too requires interpretation- I'd say Israel is pretty guilty of the crime you ask about though- not that it would ever be admitted- (proxy is just as guilty as committing the act) but, as with everything, results are what count. The result is divisiveness- bought and paid for by fecklessness to the feckless.

And you've still not did as you claim (we read everything) by reading the original articles I posted and commenting on them- why is that?

I'll answer your question about why jews become lawyers- they like to twist, spin and castigate to their advantage (for monetary gain) and to the ones who go up against them they can't form an argument since they attended the same schools to learn how to lie, legally.

That said, I'm not trying to turn anyone against anyone, per se- I would like for people to see there is more than one story, to everything, and in order to be objective all the evidence needs to be looked at- not just one side- political or religious or any other important issue- group think is group think and to use it as a tool for religion or politics, promising dire consequences if not adhered to, is coercion- coercion is immoral. Doubling down on it in defense of it is doubling down on the immorality, I don't care what sect (Party) or sect (Party) leaders say.

Calling me names (not saying you have, but others have) is meaningless and proves they have no legitimate argument- it proves nothing more than sheer ignorance chosen- by the name caller-
I don't believe that is the subject
Sure as hell is...
Any religion that condones condemnation for not converting is not a religion based on an objective God.
Nowhere in Jewish Scripture is condemnation condones for anyone not being a Jew.
As for your paranoia...
Judaism, unlike every other system, is based on scholarship and congregating.

I appreciate the fact that all non-Jews are honest and would never cause pain or anguish to anyone even though history is fraught with the reality that you are wrong.

I have never insulted you.

Shaved, piled high, grilled, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing on toasted rye. yum. yum.
I don't care for 1000 Island dressing either- swiss cheese ain't bad but I don't like rye bread, not even some a little bit.

Sure as hell is...
Not really- the subject is the OT- you've ventured into the realm of killing when not converting- I don't get that either, btw- but it doesn't address the OT even a little- why are christians so enamored with jews when there is little to no commonality in their religions? I've never received a reasoned response- as for insulting- insulting my intelligence is insulting me- I gave my opinion about lawyers, ALL of them, IDGAFF what their religion is. You asked, a question, I gave an answer. If you feel insulted, that is on you. Sorry if that offends you but it is what it is.

Sure as hell is...
Not really- the subject is the OT- you've ventured into the realm of killing when not converting- I don't get that either, btw- but it doesn't address the OT even a little- why are christians so enamored with jews when there is little to no commonality in their religions? I've never received a reasoned response- as for insulting- insulting my intelligence is insulting me- I gave my opinion about lawyers, ALL of them, IDGAFF what their religion is. You asked, a question, I gave an answer. If you feel insulted, that is on you. Sorry if that offends you but it is what it is.
Why did God pick a particular family to take on the full onus of His Commandments?
We were known as the Children of Israel.
Your job is to study Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and figure out why God ignored the life of Esau and his progeny and Ismael and his progeny.

The nagging question is how did the Greeks and Romans feel about the Jews and then figure out how Saul's propaganda appealed to the mass murdering Constantine, who was yet another ego maniac who figured he could eliminate Judaism via forced conversion or mass murder.

Your job is to study Abraham, Isaac, Jacob (Israel) and figure out why God ignored the life of Esau and his progeny and Ismael and his progeny.
No, I determine what my job is, not you or anyone else.
My job, determined by me, is two fold; (1), to be objective by looking at the big picture, which I do quite well, thank you. (2), leave my space a little better than I found it- I do that by sowing seeds of liberty and advocating for the rights of the Individual, in spite of, and to spite, the collectives in politics and religion.

No, I determine what my job is, not you or anyone else.
My job, determined by me, is two fold; (1), to be objective by looking at the big picture, which I do quite well, thank you. (2), leave my space a little better than I found it- I do that by sowing seeds of liberty and advocating for the rights of the Individual, in spite of, and to spite, the collectives in politics and religion.
Based on your posts, I will be forced to presume that you have been reading The Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion.
Judaism advocates strongly for the rights of the Individual, which is why there are so many Liberals Jews out there advocating for the worst elements of society.
The problem with Liberals Jews is they project unbridled concern while dropping the Torah's parameters for seeking justice.

And cannot get a legitimate answer.

Why are christians so enamored with jews? I just don't get it
As a Christian, I am not. I just dont blame them for every evil in the world. I do admire them as a people though. If only Africans made an effort to learn from their culture they might become a successful race and stop needing to live 400 years in the past

You who live safe in your warm houses,
You who find, returning in the evening,
Hot food and friendly faces:
Consider if this is a man
Who works in the mud
Who does not know peace
Who fights for a scrap of bread
Who dies because of a yes or no.
Consider if this is a woman,
Without hair and without name
With no more strength to remember,
Her eyes empty and her womb cold
Like a frog in winter.
Meditate that this came about:
I commend these words to you.
Carve them in your hearts
At home, in the street,
Going to bed, rising;
Repeat them to your children,
Or may your house fall apart
May illness impede you,
May your children turn their faces from you.

-- Primo Levi (1919 - 1987), Italian Jewish inmate of Auschwitz; eminent chronicler of that death factory.

... why are christians so enamored with jews when there is little to no commonality in their religions? I've never received a reasoned response-
But there is commonality and several people pointed that out in this thread. Same words same belief in God and many of the same beliefs and the same Spirit that guides them even when they do not understand that. Different people and sects have variations but the foundations come from the same word. Hebrew Bible - Wikipedia The most popular Bible in the USA up into the 1970's King James Version - Wikipedia Over the years various versions have been written List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia yet still the Bible origins came mostly from the Aramaic and Hebrew. Language of Jesus - Wikipedia

But there is commonality and several people pointed that out in this thread. Same words same belief in God and many of the same beliefs and the same Spirit that guides them even when they do not understand that. Different people and sects have variations but the foundations come from the same word. Hebrew Bible - Wikipedia The most popular Bible in the USA up into the 1970's King James Version - Wikipedia Over the years various versions have been written List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia yet still the Bible origins came mostly from the Aramaic and Hebrew. Language of Jesus - Wikipedia
No, they gave an opinion- the bible(s) are men's writing making claims and translated and interpreted to suit their needs-

I do admire them as a people though. If only Africans made an effort to learn from their culture they might become a successful race and stop needing to live 400 years in the past
You might consider that Africans don't really want to change- or not- some do some don't- either way it's immaterial to the point-

I don't blame jews for everything wrong in the world- I do follow the money and see an agenda- I also see christians enamored with jews, who have no commonality of religion, who believe differently and have a faith in the same alleged god- even though there is evidence that he ain't all that or a bag of chips as proclaimed and it will be excused with some nonsense about an after life being the hoped for result-

I see religion, any sect, as a whole, of Group Think, and every group having its rules to suit it's needs and the other guys rules as made up for whatever and not near as benevolent or malevolvent as their sects rules and the rituals must be performed to exorcise the evil from with in- yet, here we are 1000's of years later and it ain't worked, and in the mean time the individual is publicly vilified by, get ready for it, groups = Group Think

Christianity in Iran
Christianity in Iran dates back to the early years of the faith, pre-dating Islam. It has always been a minority religion relative to the majority state religions (Zoroastrianism before the Islamic conquest, Sunni Islam in the Middle Ages and Shia Islam in modern times), though it had a much larger representation in the past than it does today. Christians of Iran have played a significant part in the history of Christian mission. Currently there are at least 600 churches and 500,000–1,000,000 Christians in Iran

Yet, Iran is an official US enemy!

No, they gave an opinion- the bible(s) are men's writing making claims and translated and interpreted to suit their needs-
Actually that is your opinion since you do not understand or know the Spirit that rules over the hearts of men (humans and hosts).

Christianity in Iran
Christianity in Iran dates back to the early years of the faith, pre-dating Islam. It has always been a minority religion relative to the majority state religions (Zoroastrianism before the Islamic conquest, Sunni Islam in the Middle Ages and Shia Islam in modern times), though it had a much larger representation in the past than it does today. Christians of Iran have played a significant part in the history of Christian mission. Currently there are at least 600 churches and 500,000–1,000,000 Christians in Iran

Yet, Iran is an official US enemy!
What does that have to do with your OP?
When a country's leaders and many of its citizens continually and openly profess death to another country and do things that attempt to undermine such it makes them an enemy state.

Iran has not been an ally do to their own choices.

noun
noun: ally; plural noun: allies
/ˈalī/
  1. a state formally cooperating with another for a military or other purpose.
    "debate continued among NATO allies"
    • a person or organization that cooperates with or helps another in a particular activity.
      "he was forced to dismiss his closest political ally"
      h
      Similar:
      associate

colleague

friend

confederate

partner

supporter

accomplice

helper

accessory

abetter

h
Opposite:
enemy

• opponent

• a group of nations taking military action together, in particular the countries that fought with the US in World War I and World War II.
      plural noun: Allies; plural noun: the Allies
      they were caught between the German army of occupation and the advancing Allies"

verb
verb: ally; 3rd person present: allies; past tense: allied; past participle: allied; gerund or present participle: allying
/əˈlī/
  1. combine or unite a resource or commodity with (another) for mutual benefit.
    "he allied his racing experience with his father's business acumen"

Forum List

Back