I've pondered on something for several years

Described as a finite space (The Gospel According To John); a completely perverted view limiting God from being Infinite.
I care why? People don't care- they believe what they've been told- streets paved with gold and angels playing harps- personally, I prefer a dirt road and a guitar- heaven ain't walking streets paved with gold, hell ain't a mountain of fire, heaven is layin in my sweet baby's arms and hell is when baby ain't there- my front tracks are headed for a cold water well, my back tracks are covered with snow, sometimes its heaven, sometimes its hell and sometimes I don't even know- a verse from a Willie nelson song-

True but a lot of the trash I simply find no use for because it has a very nasty stench to it. Others I do not believe or worth wasting any time on at all so I ignore their trash too.
So you judge opinions you don't approve of as trash? How can you form an objective opinion on anything? Especially if you refuse to read them?!
To arrive at an objective conclusion one has to consider all the evidence- not what just pleases- that's called being open minded- it helps broaden the knowledge base which leads to deeper thinking- shallow and narrow leads to materialistic and superficial conclusions- criminal lawyers love (or hate) people like you being on a jury- DA's especially- they feel a conviction is on their side regardless of the evidence- some judges like it too- like the ones refusing evidence about the election- see, that's how that shallow and narrow thinking takes hold- defending the indefensible because, well, my trash doesn't have quite the stench your trash does, IMO- it ain't rocket science- it only takes looking at the bigger picture.
You seem to want a full critique of the article you posted and you want me to waste my time in doing that to show you why I believe it is a mixed up mash together crap article and that it isn't going to happen. See I am old and I kinda like to choose things I find more interesting, enjoyable or things that serve some useful purpose; and I found very little of that in that article. Perhaps you'll post something later that peaks my interest more but that isn't it.

Described as a finite space (The Gospel According To John); a completely perverted view limiting God from being Infinite.
I care why? People don't care- they believe what they've been told- streets paved with gold and angels playing harps- personally, I prefer a dirt road and a guitar- heaven ain't walking streets paved with gold, hell ain't a mountain of fire, heaven is layin in my sweet baby's arms and hell is when baby ain't there- my front tracks are headed for a cold water well, my back tracks are covered with snow, sometimes its heaven, sometimes its hell and sometimes I don't even know- a verse from a Willie nelson song-
I didn't say you care.
The New Testament view of God is so limited and physical, it's nauseating,

Crowns of gold too. Hint, gold crown verses thistles and thorns.

You seem to want a full critique of the article you posted and you want me to waste my time in doing that to show you why I believe it is a mixed up mash together crap article and that it isn't going to happen. See I am old and I kinda like to choose things I find more interesting, enjoyable or things that serve some useful purpose; and I found very little of that in that article. Perhaps you'll post something later that peaks my interest more but that isn't it.
I just want you (and others) to read it- what happens then will tell the tale- I too am old and I find that learning never gets old-

Old thread.
With that said..I don't have a problem with the Jews, or even that they are "chosen". My comment was what I THINK is the problem with those who loathe Jews, of which I am not one.

I THINK is the problem with those who loathe Jews, of which I am not one.
The feeling of Loathing is not against the "Jewish" people. There are millions of law abiding Jews in the USA who respect the law and are no different than any other American.
Then we have the Israel's government paying its sniper IDF teams to shoot Palestinian children while they sit in the middle of a UN sponsored school classroom.
That is a big difference, very big difference.
:)-

Have you heard of the scattering of Israel? Israel consists of 12 tribes who are the posterity of the sons of Jacob whose name was changed to Israel. Judah, from whom the Jews come are one of the 12 tribes. Have you heard of the gathering of Israel?

The Scattering

1 Kings 14:15​

15 For the Lord shall smite Israel, as a reed is shaken in the water, and he shall root up Israel out of this good land, which he gave to their fathers, and shall scatter them beyond the river, because they have made their groves, provoking the Lord to anger.

Ezekiel 20:23, 34, 41​

23 I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries;

Deuteronomy 4:27​

27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.

Deuteronomy 28:64​

64 And the Lord shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

Ezekiel 22:15​

15 And I will scatter thee among the heathen, and disperse thee in the countries, and will consume thy filthiness out of thee.

Jeremiah 9:16​

16 I will scatter them also among the heathen, whom neither they nor their fathers have known: and I will send a sword after them, till I have consumed them.

The Gathering

Isaiah 43:5, 9

5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

Jeremiah 32:37

37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

Ezekiel 34:13

13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

Isaiah 11:12

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Jeremiah 31:8, 10

8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.

Deuteronomy 30:3-4

3 That then the Lord thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the Lord thy God hath scattered thee.

Deuteronomy 30:4

4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the Lord thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:

Nehemiah 1:9

9 But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.

The Jews are a part of the house of Israel and have the blood of Israel. But there are 11 other tribes that also must be gathered before the second coming of the Lord. Revelation chapter 7 speaks of the great gathering that will take place prior to the second coming of Jesus Christ. The Jews were scattered and have been gathered again in their homelands. Do you not think that the blood of Israel has been scattered among many nations? In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, when we receive a patriarchal blessing we are either given the lineage of Israel that we belong to or we are adopted into one of the tribes of Israel. The primary gathering that has occurred in the church who are to lead up the restoration of Israel in these last days is the tribe of Ephraim. Ephraim and his brother Manasseh, who were the sons of Joseph, were numbered among the tribes of Israel. You can view their names in the 7th chapter of Revelation as part of the tribes to be restored.

After Israel was scattered and the gospel went to the Gentiles, we entered the times of the Gentiles. It is prophesied that the times of the Gentiles will come to an end. Jesus will once again gather his scattered sheep to the place of their inheritance.

Luke 21:24

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

With the restoring of the Jews to the land of Israel, this is a partial fulfillment of this prophesy. But we still have the remainder of the house of Israel to be fully restored. God is having mercy on the house of Israel and we are in a time of gathering. According to the Book of Mormon, the Americas are given unto the children of Joseph, ie Ephraim and Manasseh, as a land of their inheritance.

This is a big reason as to why Christians are very much interested in the Jews and all the house of Israel. the fulfilling of God's promises of the gathering of Israel and restoring all as at first. Christians who are faithful who have the blood of Israel will be called home to their proper lineage and those who are faithful and don't have the blood of Israel will be adopted into the house of Israel. The adoption pertains unto Israel:

Romans 9:4
4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

Israel is an essential part of the prophesies that have been given and must be gathered before the great and dreadful day of the Lord to come.

Luke 21:24 is speaking about the armies of Titus.

“Gentiles means nations,” according to Smith’s Bible Dictionary. The term Gentile doesn’t really describe who someone is, but rather who they are not – a Jew.

I agree that Titus and his army, who overthrew Jerusalem in 70 AD and scattered the Jews to other nations was a fulfillment of part of the prophesy of Luke 21:24. But the second half of the verse tells us also that the Jews will no longer be trodden down of the Gentiles when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Today we see Jerusalem once again inhabited by the Jews and this is a sign that the times of the Gentiles are coming to an end. Eventually all the tribes of Israel will be restored and God will once again favor the house of Israel.

I agree that Titus and his army, who overthrew Jerusalem in 70 AD and scattered the Jews to other nations was a fulfillment of part of the prophesy of Luke 21:24. But the second half of the verse tells us also that the Jews will no longer be trodden down of the Gentiles when the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

Today we see Jerusalem once again inhabited by the Jews and this is a sign that the times of the Gentiles are coming to an end. Eventually all the tribes of Israel will be restored and God will once again favor the house of Israel.

The Gentiles were fulfilled in 70 AD.

The whole purpose of the Scifield Bible was to promote Christian Zionism.

I would disagree. I believe that was when the times of the Gentiles were just beginning. This was shortly after the gospel was allowed to go forth to the Gentiles.

Acts 10

The time of the Gentiles is coming to an end now and soon the Lord will again put the house of Israel first. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. The gathering of Israel is underway.

I would disagree. I believe that was when the times of the Gentiles were just beginning. This was shortly after the gospel was allowed to go forth to the Gentiles.

Acts 10

The time of the Gentiles is coming to an end now and soon the Lord will again put the house of Israel first. The first shall be last and the last shall be first. The gathering of Israel is underway.

Gentiles will tread the holy city under foot for forty-two Jerusalem months. Forty-two months here refers to the three and one half year period known as the great tribulation.

After the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed, the Sanhedrin could no longer persecute the Jewish Christian converts. Those converts had fled to Pella and surrounding areas before the siege.

Yes, we believe that was the Abomination of Desolation where the Temple of God was desecrated and totally destroyed and the Jews were scattered. That was the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the rule of the Jews in Jerusalem. The mantle was then passed onto the Gentiles. Gentile nations have ruled the world ever since. But that will change as we approach the time of the coming of our Lord again on the earth. The gathering of the lost tribes of Israel is now underway and they too will inherit their lands again. A temple again will be built and again will the Abomination of Desolation occur in the Holy Land of Jerusalem. Many of the Jews will be lost but they will eventually prevail as the Lord sets his foot again on the Mount of Olives and fights their battles. Babylon the Great will be destroyed at the Lord's coming and Jesus will rule on earth throughout the 1000 years of peace when the devil will be bound for all that time.

But before the day of the Lord comes, two holy prophets will prophesy in Jerusalem for 3.5 years as recorded in the 11th chapter of Revelation.

Revelation 11

Revelation 11:4-7
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

It goes on to say that their dead bodies will lie in the streets of Jerusalem and the Nations who attack Jerusalem will not allow them to be buried. After 3.5 days they will resurrect and go up into the clouds of heaven for all to see. These are the events that will come to pass just prior to the second coming of our Lord.

Yes, we believe that was the Abomination of Desolation where the Temple of God was desecrated and totally destroyed and the Jews were scattered. That was the destruction of Jerusalem and the end of the rule of the Jews in Jerusalem. The mantle was then passed onto the Gentiles. Gentile nations have ruled the world ever since. But that will change as we approach the time of the coming of our Lord again on the earth. The gathering of the lost tribes of Israel is now underway and they too will inherit their lands again. A temple again will be built and again will the Abomination of Desolation occur in the Holy Land of Jerusalem. Many of the Jews will be lost but they will eventually prevail as the Lord sets his foot again on the Mount of Olives and fights their battles. Babylon the Great will be destroyed at the Lord's coming and Jesus will rule on earth throughout the 1000 years of peace when the devil will be bound for all that time.

But before the day of the Lord comes, two holy prophets will prophesy in Jerusalem for 3.5 years as recorded in the 11th chapter of Revelation.

Revelation 11

Revelation 11:4-7
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

It goes on to say that their dead bodies will lie in the streets of Jerusalem and the Nations who attack Jerusalem will not allow them to be buried. After 3.5 days they will resurrect and go up into the clouds of heaven for all to see. These are the events that will come to pass just prior to the second coming of our Lord.

The first Abomination of Desolation was under Antiochus IV Epiphanes.. The second was when the Christians of Jerusalem fled to Pella to escape the tribulation while the Gentiles trampled Jerusalem..

Revelation says there will not be another Temple for Jesus is the temple.

Revelation 1:9
“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)

The dual prophesy of the Abomination of Desolation spoken by Jesus Christ was to happen in the future. Antiochus IV Epiphanes was in the past. Jesus was prophesying of things that were to come to pass in the future.

Matthew 24

Verse 15 says:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Jesus here is speaking of when the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, shall be seen. That is future tense. SHALL SEE is future tense. It was yet to occur. It occurred in 70 AD and will yet occur again when all nations shall gather together against Jerusalem in the last days. The prophet Ezekiel tells of the gathering against Israel in the last days at the time when Christ will come again and destroy the army of Gog.

Ezekiel 38

Forum List

Back