I've decided to create my own diet

Leviticus

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2021
I have recently began eating certain foods and rejecting certain other foods.

And as a result I'm feeling better than I've felt my entire life.

I'm now going to describe my diet.

1: I do not consume dairy or eggs.

2: I do not consume any processed foods. I only eat organic whole foods.
so I do make an exception for this when it comes to things that cannot be made without my processing, such a soy milk. But the vast majority of foods I consume have no processing at all.

3: I do not consume livestock. I eat only wild game. This means that for the most part I only eat meat during and following hunting season. for the most part if I want meat throughout the year I will simply buy wild caught seafood, or I will go fishing.
This is less about the quality of to meat from farm to animals, and more about the mistreatment and cruelty which the American ranching and farming industry has shown towards animals in the past.
I will eat farmed meat if I know with 100% certainty that it was raised and slaughtered humately. But because of the lack of transparency in the food industry it's very hard to know that. I prefer hunting my own meat and catching my own fish because I can make certain that the animal suffers as little as humanly possible.

4; I drink only water, fruit and vegetable juices, coffee, and tea. I do not drink soda, sports drinks or other overly processed beverages. I also prefer loose leaf organic teas and organic whole bean coffee, which I ground myself.

5; I grow my own fruits and vegetables throughout the year depending on season. I also grow my own herbs.
I also grow medicinal herbs and I prefer to use these over medication. Instead of using Tylenol or other painkillers if I have a headache I simply make a tee out of a herb that helps with deal with pain and it works just as well.

6; I do not consume wheat or other grains which have gluten for the most part though I have made exceptions. I typically use rice, buckwheat, corn, or other gluten-free grains to make flour.

7; I plan my meals 2 weeks ahead of time based on a varying schedule.
Twice a week I will eat a very large breakfast, a light lunch, and a moderately sized dinner.
Three times a week I will eat a small breakfast, a moderately sized lunch, and a small dinner.
I try to base my meals on what I plan on doing on a given day or week, so that calorie intake is for the most part based on my level of activity on a given day.

so I do make an exception for this when it comes to things that cannot be made without my processing, such a soy milk. But the vast majority of foods I consume have no processing at all.

3: I do not consume livestock. I eat only wild game. This means that for the most part I only eat meat during and following hunting season. for the most part if I want meat throughout the year I will simply buy wild caught seafood, or I will go fishing.
This is less about the quality of to meat from farm to animals, and more about the mistreatment and cruelty which the American ranching and farming industry has shown towards animals in the past.
I will eat farmed meat if I know with 100% certainty that it was raised and slaughtered humately. But because of the lack of transparency in the food industry it's very hard to know that. I prefer hunting my own meat and catching my own fish because I can make certain that the animal suffers as little as humanly possible.

4; I drink only water, fruit and vegetable juices, coffee, and tea. I do not drink soda, sports drinks or other overly processed beverages. I also prefer loose leaf organic teas and organic whole bean coffee, which I ground myself.

5; I grow my own fruits and vegetables throughout the year depending on season. I also grow my own herbs.
I also grow medicinal herbs and I prefer to use these over medication. Instead of using Tylenol or other painkillers if I have a headache I simply make a tee out of a herb that helps with deal with pain and it works just as well.

6; I do not consume wheat or other grains which have gluten for the most part though I have made exceptions. I typically use rice, buckwheat, corn, or other gluten-free grains to make flour.

Twice a week I will eat a very large breakfast, a light lunch, and a moderately sized dinner.
Three times a week I will eat a small breakfast, a moderately sized lunch, and a small dinner.
I try to base my meals on what I plan on doing on a given day or week, so that calorie intake is for the most part based on my level of activity on a given day.
I'm pretty sure anyone who can follow that should feel better. Most of us don't have that level of self discipline.

Humane slaughter is an oxymoron.

What is your reason for not eating eggs and dairy?
I can get the same nutrients I get from those from other sources without the fat and calories and cholesterol.

Plus the farming industries for Gary and eggs are extremely notorious for their cruelty. So I prefer not to give them my money

When is cow season ?
Not very often for me. Unless I can find meat from a farm that I know treats their animals humanely.

Try deer meat it's much tastier in my opinion, and as a hunter you can ensure the animal does not suffer. A quick clean kill is much easier on the conscience than the s*** that the ranchers do to the poor cows.

I can get the same nutrients I get from those from other sources without the fat and calories and cholesterol.

Plus the farming industries for Gary and eggs are extremely notorious for their cruelty. So I prefer not to give them my money
What sources are you using to get those same nutrients?

Mostly soy and almond milk to replace dairy. it has around the same vitamin and mineral levels without any cholesterol and half the fat as milk and other dairy products.

For eggs, I mostly use tofu. There are slightly more sodium and calories in tofu than in eggs, but not enough to actually make a difference but there is also more protein and less fat as well. So it balances out nutrition-wise. and tofu can be delicious if prepared right.
I suggest scrambled tofu with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, with a little sea salt and white pepper. The tofu picks up the flavors of whatever it's cooked in. So you should sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil until they are caramelized, then add the tofu, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Let it all cook until it's mixed well and the tomatoes are soft. add the salt and pepper and mix it before plating.

Mostly soy and almond milk to replace dairy. it has around the same vitamin and mineral levels without any cholesterol and half the fat as milk and other dairy products.

For eggs, I mostly use tofu. There are slightly more sodium and calories in tofu than in eggs, but not enough to actually make a difference but there is also more protein and less fat as well. So it balances out nutrition-wise. and tofu can be delicious if prepared right.
I suggest scrambled tofu with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, with a little sea salt and white pepper. The tofu picks up the flavors of whatever it's cooked in. So you should sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil until they are caramelized, then add the tofu, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Let it all cook until it's mixed well and the tomatoes are soft. add the salt and pepper and mix it before plating.
Interesting. Maybe you don't have the gas issues I've noticed with soy and tofu. :heehee:

I have the privilege of driving a "courtesy bus" for several Senior high-rises. I like to talk to the older ones (80's and 90's) about their histories, lifestyles, eating habits, and so on. None of them do anything special. None brags about being a vegetarian, or a marathon runner, or avoiding red meat, or any of that. Most give no more thought to what they eat than, "I'm hungry, what's for dinner?" Many of them smoked when they were younger, but almost none of the older ones do - gave it up long ago.

I have the privilege of driving a "courtesy bus" for several Senior high-rises. I like to talk to the older ones (80's and 90's) about their histories, lifestyles, eating habits, and so on. None of them do anything special. None brags about being a vegetarian, or a marathon runner, or avoiding red meat, or any of that. Most give no more thought to what they eat than, "I'm hungry, what's for dinner?" Many of them smoked when they were younger, but almost none of the older ones do - gave it up long ago.
Yup if you want to make 80 don't smoke or quit ASAP. More than that the quality of your last 10 years may be very different

When I want to lose weight, I simply count calories. I can eat anything I want. I just have to enjoy it in moderation.; two pieces of pizza instead of three, that sort of thing.

Eggs are actually good for weight loss, as they kick-start your metabolism, and they have plenty of the nutrients your body needs. For breakfast yesterday morning I had a breakfast burrito consisting of two eggs, two slices of American cheese, some Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles (the only edible ones on the market) in a carb-counter tortilla and it was under 500 calories.

I didn't eat again until dinner...

When I want to lose weight, I simply count calories. I can eat anything I want. I just have to enjoy it in moderation.; two pieces of pizza instead of three, that sort of thing.

Eggs are actually good for weight loss, as they kick-start your metabolism, and they have plenty of the nutrients your body needs. For breakfast yesterday morning I had a breakfast burrito consisting of two eggs, two slices of American cheese, some Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles (the only edible ones on the market) in a carb-counter tortilla and it was under 500 calories.

I didn't eat again until dinner...
Copy cat
:D

Be careful with fruit juices, some of them are very sugary and not healthy at all.
I generally only drink water, I've been vegetarian most of my life, I can't do organic, I'm not rich enough.

Be careful with fruit juices, some of them are very sugary and not healthy at all.
I generally only drink water, I've been vegetarian most of my life, I can't do organic, I'm not rich enough.
I juice fresh fruits and vegetables. I won't touch the trash they sell in stores.

When you juice things you remove all the fiber.

Just eat the whole fruit or vegetable
I do that as well, but juice works well if youre in a hurry, or for foods that is hard to digest .

Also, too much fiber is as bad as not enough.

Forum List

Back